Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2013, 12:05 AM

38,644 posts, read 26,393,631 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuselage View Post
Could you post nature's plan, please? I tried to find it online but only came up with Nature's Recipe: Nature

Seems like homosexuality occurs in nature quite a bit. Thus, I would think that it's part of nature's plan. Perhaps you were given a revised copy? Or do you have some first-hand insight that the rest of mankind has, somehow, not been privy to? Do you have some kind of hotline to nature itself?

The penis goes into the vagina, then a baby is created.

This is pretty well known.

"Seems like homosexuality occurs in nature quite a bit. Thus, I would think that it's part of nature's plan."

OK, I'll bite.

Nature's plan for what?

Old 10-20-2013, 12:11 AM

38,644 posts, read 26,393,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
Excuse me? Are fertility tests required for a civil marriage license? I had a friend who had ovarian cancer at 16 and had them removed. Guess she should have been denied a marriage certificate because she was infertile? Then there was my widowed MIL who remarried at 62. She was not going to be making any babies after menopause. Then you have straight couples who freely choose NOT to have children at all. Stop them from getting BC because the PURPOSE of marriage is to procreate? Oh, and to add to that, how MANY rugrats are we supposed to procreate for GOD or the STATE?????

Procreation is an absurd reason to deny marriage rights to gay couples.
Should infertile people be allowed to marry close relatives?

If not, why?

Old 10-20-2013, 12:26 AM

8,091 posts, read 5,914,144 times
"Homosexuality occurs in nature quite a bit"

So does animals ingesting their own dung.....guess we should start doing that too.

Animals KILLING each other for simply treading on territory.

Yea...let's throw the baby out with the bath water...and get primal.

You know what else happens in nature? The observation of perceptible traits through evolution. We classify every other species in line with it. Except ourselves

If we were to try and do that...people would cry to the Supreme Court trolololoo

Old 10-20-2013, 06:30 AM

1,378 posts, read 1,392,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
A man and woman of different races have complimentary sex organs and can produce offspring making the sex that takes place between a man and a woman of different races within nature's plan.

In decades past, some people were of the opinion that sexual unions between men and women of different races was not in keeping with nature's design.

That healthy and happy children are produced by interracial unions proves that the opinion expressed by those who believed interracial unions were outside of nature's design was in error.

Perhaps some day two men or two women will produce a child together and I'll be proven wrong.

Until then, homosexuality is an unnatural and unproductive behavior that fails to balance the risk of sexually transmitted disease with the advancement of the species.

Playing house with real kids doesn't change the unnatural nature of homosexuality.
Why does sex automatically equal procreation??

Old 10-20-2013, 07:34 AM

1,519 posts, read 1,228,286 times
Quote:
The penis goes into the vagina, then a baby is created.

This is pretty well known.
Sure, but we are talking about marriage, not procreation...

Quote:
Nature's plan for what?
YOU are the one who brought nature's plan into the discussion. I wanted to know from YOU how you know what nature's plan is and how nature has informed you of this plan...

In short, I call you out on YOUR BS and you want me to answer for you. Nope - if you bring up nonsense arguments, YOU might as well explain them.

Old 10-20-2013, 07:43 AM

1,519 posts, read 1,228,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
"Homosexuality occurs in nature quite a bit"

So does animals ingesting their own dung.....guess we should start doing that too.

Animals KILLING each other for simply treading on territory.

Yea...let's throw the baby out with the bath water...and get primal.

You know what else happens in nature? The observation of perceptible traits through evolution. We classify every other species in line with it. Except ourselves

If we were to try and do that...people would cry to the Supreme Court trolololoo
You need to ask momonkey - he/she is the person who argued that homosexual is not natural and thus, that we should not allow homosexual marriage simply based upon this assumption.

All I did was state that homosexuality does, indeed, occur naturally.

Alas, since you bring up other issues:

Is there a law that prohibits you from eating your own dung? Don't think so. If you do eat your own dung, are there laws that prohibit you from exercising any other right or privilege that others have? No. You can still get married, can you?

Humans ARE animals and they DO kill each other over territorial issues every single day. The problem with your argument is, of course, that killing another person causes harm. Our society generally does not protect actions that hurt or injure others. Marrying another person does not cause harm, now does it?

Your last statement is correct. We artificially attempt to downplay perceptible traits because they often function as a basis for discrimination. Thus, we generally argue that you cannot use an immutable trait as a basis for discrimination. The only exception to this rule is religion - which is clearly not an immutable trait.

Still, religion has caused such a tremendous degree of violence against our fellow human beings, that we have decided that it might as well be equal to a trait.

Old 10-20-2013, 07:48 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,780,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
How is this in any way surprising?

Booker is homosexual himself and has always supported homosexual causes.
Booker claims he's straight, so you don't actually know that.

Old 10-20-2013, 08:14 AM

10,942 posts, read 10,259,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllenSJC View Post
Why does sex automatically equal procreation??
I know. Seriously, huh?

I've had five kids and I can guarantee I've had sex way more than five times. In fact, I mostly had sex for fun - and I wasn't always married to the person I had sex with.

Geez.......some of the best sex I ever had was when I was already pregnant.

Old 10-20-2013, 08:16 AM

10,942 posts, read 10,259,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post

Booker is homosexual himself and has always supported homosexual causes.
I've always supported "homosexual causes."

Does that make me gay?

Besides, IF he were gay, so what?

Old 10-20-2013, 10:10 AM

8,091 posts, read 5,914,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuselage View Post
You need to ask momonkey - he/she is the person who argued that homosexual is not natural and thus, that we should not allow homosexual marriage simply based upon this assumption.

All I did was state that homosexuality does, indeed, occur naturally.

Alas, since you bring up other issues:

Is there a law that prohibits you from eating your own dung? Don't think so. If you do eat your own dung, are there laws that prohibit you from exercising any other right or privilege that others have? No. You can still get married, can you?

Humans ARE animals and they DO kill each other over territorial issues every single day. The problem with your argument is, of course, that killing another person causes harm. Our society generally does not protect actions that hurt or injure others. Marrying another person does not cause harm, now does it?

Your last statement is correct. We artificially attempt to downplay perceptible traits because they often function as a basis for discrimination. Thus, we generally argue that you cannot use an immutable trait as a basis for discrimination. The only exception to this rule is religion - which is clearly not an immutable trait.

Still, religion has caused such a tremendous degree of violence against our fellow human beings, that we have decided that it might as well be equal to a trait.
So you realize discrimination is natural and maybe *gasp* not "immoral" or "wrong"?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies