Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2013, 10:47 AM

2,903 posts, read 3,457,458 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
He also created Macklemore. Apparently he does.
LOL! That was "an error of judgment," not a mistake, but damned close!

Old 10-20-2013, 10:49 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,180,801 times
Quote:
We haven't allowed gay marriage for hundreds of years. If it were to stay the same, do you see our society regressing to the point of giving women clitoral circumcisions at birth? I appreciate your rhetorical device....as dishonest as it was.
You tell me, you seem to be against equal rights for ridiculous reasons.

Old 10-20-2013, 10:50 AM

39 posts, read 53,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlfieBoy View Post
God created gays; God doesn't make mistakes.
Actually, people who believe in God believe He created us with free will. Meaning we are equipped with the ability to make decisions. Sometimes we choose to engage in activities that add value, and sometimes we engage in activities that actually harm us. But for better or worst, whether we want to admit it or not, the decision is always ours to make.

Old 10-20-2013, 10:51 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,180,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy214321 View Post
Actually, people who believe in God believe He created us with free will. Meaning we are equipped with the ability to make decisions.
I question that idea with some God believers who seem to be absent of free will.

Old 10-20-2013, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Well maybe it's time that society wakes up and realizes how stupid they were to think that equality is possible.
Really? Women were disenfranchised, now they are not. Blacks were segregated and sold into slavery; now they are not. Gays were treated as pariahs, and now they are now. Well, not by normal people, anyway.

My state, Rhode Island, enacted gay equality on 01 August 13. Guess what? The sky hasn't fallen, the earth still turns, and more people are equal, thus happy. Why would you deny the pursuit of happiness to every citizen?

Old 10-20-2013, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Actually, people who believe in God believe He created us with free will. Meaning we are equipped with the ability to make decisions. Sometimes we choose to engage in activities that add value, and sometimes we engage in activities that actually harm us. But for better or worst, whether we want to admit it or not, the decision is always ours to make.
Are you suggesting that gays CHOOSE to be gay? If you are, sorry, the evidence betrays your beliefs. As a gay man, I can assure you I knew I was gay from Day One.

Old 10-20-2013, 10:56 AM

22,190 posts, read 19,462,661 times
Quote:
Actually, he's never admitted whether or not he's homosexual or heterosexual. My guess is, he's homosexual. Most heterosexual men at his age are either married or dating a woman (or two ). Also, most heterosexual male politicians (even the very left-wing progressive types) are more focused on the economy, education, environmental issues, taxes, crime etc., because these issues are usually more salient to their constituents.
You do realize that Booker has dealt with all of those issues as Mayor of Newark.....

Old 10-20-2013, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Really? Women were disenfranchised, now they are not. Blacks were segregated and sold into slavery; now they are not. Gays were treated as pariahs, and now they are now. Well, not by normal people, anyway.
Are we only speaking from a Western context? Outside of the West, there are many societies where women were actually matriarchs and presided over entire tribes and villages. Also, many people fail to recognize that the African population is the second largest population in the world, therefore, the subset of Africans sold into slavery is relatively small (outside of the Americas and parts of the Arab world).

I do however agree that homosexuality has always been viewed as a social pariah. Why do you suppose that is?

Old 10-20-2013, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Are you suggesting that gays CHOOSE to be gay? If you are, sorry, the evidence betrays your beliefs. As a gay man, I can assure you I knew I was gay from Day One.
My ultimate point is, I believe we all have free will. This allows us to choose how we live and what behaviors we engage in.

Old 10-20-2013, 11:07 AM

Quote:

I do however agree that homosexuality has always been viewed as a social pariah. Why do you suppose that is?
Lots of minorities have been pariahs. One example are Jews. Gypsies. Intellectuals during certain epochs. Why do YOU suppose gays have, in the past (because honey, it ain't true no 'mo, not in progressive states) that gays were treated as pariahs?

Quote:
My ultimate point is, I believe we all have free will. This allows us to choose how we live and what behaviors we engage in.
We have free will to not smoke, to not eat meat, to choose one religion or another. But we cannot choose our genetic makeup, and science, yes, science concludes that being gay is a genetic predisposition. All in all, it's worked out well for me, and the vast majority of fellow gays.

I'm just so glad that gay discrimination is now largely limited to the uneducated, the elderly and the generic bigots, aren't you?

Quote:
Are we only speaking from a Western context? Outside of the West, there are many societies where women were actually matriarchs and presided over entire tribes and villages. Also, many people fail to recognize that the African population is the second largest population in the world, therefore, the subset of Africans sold into slavery is relatively small (outside of the Americas and parts of the Arab world). ]
Are you endorsing slavery? My God!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies