Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2013, 07:39 AM

23,175 posts, read 26,211,073 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
I think you need to dig up the real statistics on who is on welfare...Only 19% have used welfare for 5 years or more, an additional 19% are on it temporarily because of an emergency...In fact 91% of the people on welfare are the elderly, the disabled and the working poor, and part of this number are kids who have no control of their situation...
And for what small percentage that didn't have health insurance was this whole ACA enacted to supposedly help?
A very small percentage of a section of one apple that is rot in an entire bushel of apples has the potential to spoil the whole thing.

Old 10-22-2013, 07:39 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,060,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahzzie View Post
Deflect to an unrelated subject. Nice.
I've made my points in other posts.

"Civilized societies" do not kill the most vulnerable among them.

Old 10-22-2013, 07:50 AM

33,554 posts, read 37,155,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
And for what percentage that didn't have health insurance was this whole ACA enacted to supposedly help?
I have no idea, as you opened the door with your misinformation about your welfare program and I was addressing that.

Personally I think the ACA act is a poor compromise to universal health care, and will probably raise your costs...I also understand why UCH was not an option because of your broken partisan political system. It would never have passed into law.

Old 10-22-2013, 08:05 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,877,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
How come you don't have the optioin of:

Call the hospital and work out a payment plan that this person can afford?

Sometimes common sense is not so common..............
More than 60% of bankruptcies in this country are due to people not being able to pay their medical bills. Do you honestly think that these people didn't attempt to "work out a payment plan" before losing their homes and their life savings because of illness or an accident?

How about you try living in the real world for a while?

Old 10-22-2013, 08:13 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,500,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
He was asked a direct question "if a young man refuses to purchase health insurance and then has a serious accident, what should happen?"

His answer as is mine, HE allowed himself to die.....nobody should be burdened by someone else's decision.
Well heck, a great opportunity exists to cut your costs even further then by using that logic.

First responders to a vehicle accident scene need only carry an OBD reader with them, access vehicles on board ECM and read the last few moments behaviour of the vehicle to ascertain if the person driving CHOSE to have an accident. "Oh my goodness, this guy was doing 80 in a 70 zone, button it up leave him lying there" and move on to the next vehicle to similarily make a CHOICE assessment.

Who knew it could be that simple to save both the government and you some cash.

Old 10-22-2013, 08:30 AM

3,997 posts, read 4,145,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
who have no control of their situation...
I'm trying to figure this out, because that seems to be the mantra of so many today....

You feel for people who have no control for their situation. I can respect that. I do too. But the question becomes, did I have control over the reason that they had NO control? Did I personally have some hand in how life worked out for them? You feel for them because they had no control... so in order to help them you'll punish me when I had no control either?

Old 10-22-2013, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
And for what small percentage that didn't have health insurance was this whole ACA enacted to supposedly help?
A very small percentage of a section of one apple that is rot in an entire bushel of apples has the potential to spoil the whole thing.
If it is so small a percentage, then explain to me why so many have their panties in a knot about it. Why not take care of what you call rot and insure them? Rot is a strange way to refer to fellow citizens don't you think?

Old 10-22-2013, 09:06 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,233,828 times
Quote:
If a person gets sick with a disease or disability they can't afford or not covered by insurance, who should pay for it?
Not society.

Old 10-22-2013, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aus10 View Post
I'm trying to figure this out, because that seems to be the mantra of so many today....

You feel for people who have no control for their situation. I can respect that. I do too. But the question becomes, did I have control over the reason that they had NO control? Did I personally have some hand in how life worked out for them? You feel for them because they had no control... so in order to help them you'll punish me when I had no control either?
Good grief, we are talking about kids here, have you no shame?....I guess we should just take them out behind the barn and shoot the lot of the them...Who the hell is punishing you anyway? You are demonstrating a disgusting lack of empathy. A healthy society help those less fortunate...I can only be thankful that people like you are a very small minority.

Old 10-22-2013, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Not society.
Wrong, that is what a healthy society does.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies