Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-22-2013, 07:24 PM

1,404 posts, read 1,032,350 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by archineer View Post
Single payer people it works.
No, it doesn't!

Are you an American? If yes, how do you know it works?

I have clients in the UK and they ALL say their HC sucks balls.

Here are some of the more prominent single-payer myths:
Myth No. 1: Everyone has access to health care a single-payer system.
Myth No. 2: Claims of rationing are exaggerated.
Myth No. 3: A single-payer system would save money on administrative costs.
Myth No. 4: Single-payer will provide fair and quality care for everyone.
Myth No. 5: Single-payer leaves medical decisions to patients & doctors.
Myth No. 6: Single-payer systems achieve better health outcomes.
Myth No. 7: The U.S. systems also engages in rationing.
Myth No. 8: A single-payer system will not hamper medical research.
Myth No. 9: Single-payer will save money as patients seek care earlier.
Myth No. 10: The free market in health care has failed in the U.S.

Old 10-22-2013, 07:28 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,479,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Wrong.

No one pays.

Those giving the service eat the bill.
That's how it should be.

[let them eat cake]

Old 10-22-2013, 07:35 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,796,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by surfman View Post
The cost of emergency care for the uninsured is $4.7B year. Obamacare is slated to cost $1.4T over the next 10 years. We could pay for the ER problem for 300 years with what Obamacare will cost in just 10.

The government has made sure there are very few non-profits left to take care of the needy.

BTW, the insurance companies are the ones who engineered Affordable? heath care with Obama promising to drive millions of new customers into their open arms.

I don't get it! What does it take for people to realize that we are all being had?

Obama is meeting with.................................... the Insurance industry leaders as I type! He and they will regroup and figure out how to salvage their billions in profits.
What the . . . ??? Most hospitals in the US are non-profit. Most medical school clinics are non-profit. There is a system of federally qualified health centers around the US that are non-profit. Community health departments are non-profit.

Fast Facts on US Hospitals
About 80% of community hospitals are government or non-profit.

What is a Health Center?

Old 10-22-2013, 07:46 PM

9,659 posts, read 10,230,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEETC View Post
That's how it should be.

[let them eat cake]
What?

Some of the things that a hospital needs to cure patients that cost money:

Education
Real estate
Water/electricity bills
Wages for management, doctors, nurses, staff
Medical supplies
Medicine
Technology

...Do people really think doctors can cure patients of various diseases and trauma for free?

...Someone is going to have to pay for the staff, facilities, and supplies to cure patients.

Old 10-22-2013, 07:54 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,215,209 times
They should just die.

I'd rather keep sending my taxes to Iraq, Afghanistan, Egypt, Israel, Japan, South Korea, Germany... etc...

Helping Americans is dumb. I don't want my taxes used for that.

Old 10-22-2013, 07:56 PM

33,548 posts, read 37,151,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by surfman View Post
No, it doesn't!

Are you an American? If yes, how do you know it works?

I have clients in the UK and they ALL say their HC sucks balls.

Here are some of the more prominent single-payer myths:
Myth No. 1: Everyone has access to health care a single-payer system.
Myth No. 2: Claims of rationing are exaggerated.
Myth No. 3: A single-payer system would save money on administrative costs.
Myth No. 4: Single-payer will provide fair and quality care for everyone.
Myth No. 5: Single-payer leaves medical decisions to patients & doctors.
Myth No. 6: Single-payer systems achieve better health outcomes.
Myth No. 7: The U.S. systems also engages in rationing.
Myth No. 8: A single-payer system will not hamper medical research.
Myth No. 9: Single-payer will save money as patients seek care earlier.
Myth No. 10: The free market in health care has failed in the U.S.
Not even one of these is a myth...How do I know?.....I live in Canada and my family and I have used our system since day one...You really should get your info from a valid reputable source instead of a lying, obscure internet blog.

Old 10-22-2013, 08:00 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,758,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Wrong.

No one pays.

Those giving the service eat the bill.
Most ERs are required by a 1986 federal law to stabilize a patient. Stabilizing is not treatment. Stabilizing is not follow-up. Stabilizing is not medications.

No law requires a hospital or medical practice to treat anyone who is uninsured, underinsured and does not have cash to be before being treated.

When someone does not pay for ER services, it becomes the cost of doing business and is reflected in the price we all pay for healthcare. This is no different than how the cost of shop lifting ( and the systems and people who are employed to detect, prevent and prosecute criminals) are factors of the price we pay for goods in any store.

Old 10-22-2013, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldCityWanderer View Post

As Ron Pauls fans say, you can always "Let them die."
More than one out of every three people will receive a Cancer diagnosis in their lifetime.

Everyone will eventually be diagnosed with some sort of an existing condition that will become a pre-existing condition, assuming it does not quickly kill them.

Some of the hard core Libertarians seem to want to revert back to the time the constitution was written- when life expectancy averaged 35-39 years old ( dependent upon source). When the likes of the 6th wealthiest man in the world uses his fortune to do anything and everything possible to prevent the great unwashed from access to healthcare, one has to wonder what's up with that.

Old 10-22-2013, 08:12 PM

33,548 posts, read 37,151,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
They should just die.

I'd rather keep sending my taxes to Iraq, Afghanistan, Egypt, Israel, Japan, South Korea, Germany... etc...

Helping Americans is dumb. I don't want my taxes used for that.
I can only hope that this is sarcasm, but on this thread it is hard to tell.

Old 10-22-2013, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by parfleche View Post
I would accept death,With a too good ins policy they would keep you alive as a vegetable for as long as they can collecting the money and giving interns all kinds of experience doing it MY ex is an RN heard the stories.My Mom died on Mothers day this year at 86 she fell down twice passing out and my sister took her to the hospital and she refused all treatment being of sound mind.she went to sleep that nite and never woke up. the hospital lost hundreds of thousands on free ins on that one I can only dream I can die like that without interns learning on my mysery keeping me alive to learn on and sucking obamacare money.
Insurance does not override a self initiated DNR order.

I am sorry about your mother's passing and happy she went out, her way. Many elderly do. It's more often the guilt-ridden families who refuse to accept the reality of a given situation and the wishes of their loved one that prevent death with dignity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies