Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2013, 05:01 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,054,479 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
He could not because he had a preexisting condition. After he became an adult and dropped from his parents health insurance policy, no insurance company would insure him and he died as a result. It is all in the link I provided.

WKBT story on Mike Wieser - YouTube
He could have purchased insurance, but at a higher cost. There is ALWAYS insurance available, but risk comes into play, therefore, premiums are higher.

For instance.....when you have a history of auto accidents, your rates are much higher that one who has a clean record.

You and your caring friends could have, and should have chipped in and helped him buy insurance.

Old 10-22-2013, 05:02 AM

46,307 posts, read 27,108,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldCityWanderer View Post
As Ron Pauls fans say, you can always "Let them die."
That's the leftist cheer leader...katherine sebelius...

Old 10-22-2013, 05:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
That's exactly what I was just going to post...

I guess Congressman Grayson was right...

Alan Grayson on the GOP Health Care Plan: "Don't Get Sick! And if You Do Get Sick, Die Quickly!"' - YouTube
Ignorance is bliss.

Old 10-22-2013, 05:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
In a civilized country no one should be put in a position where healthcare becomes a question of someone not being able to afford healthcare. Healthcare should be available to everyone,
Who Pays for it? every one pays for it, who benefits? every one benefits.
In a civilized country, we wouldn't be killing millions of unborn.

Old 10-22-2013, 05:08 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,315,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
Abortion would be another topic .

Old 10-22-2013, 05:12 AM

Not one leftie responded to my truthful statement about what Ron Paul was asked.

He was diractly asked "If a young man had the opportunity to purchase insurance, but refused to, and then had a serious accident, should he be allowed to die?" Ron Paul answered as I would have...."It's nobody elses responsibility to pay for his poor decision."

So no.....I personally wouldn't want to let him die, but HE made the decision before that to let himself die.

Once we get past feeling sorry for those who made poor decisions, the sooner we'll be back on track as a nation.

Place blame where it belongs.....

Old 10-22-2013, 05:44 AM

33,548 posts, read 37,145,710 times
Quote:
Not one leftie responded to my truthful statement about what Ron Paul was asked.

He was diractly asked "If a young man had the opportunity to purchase insurance, but refused to, and then had a serious accident, should he be allowed to die?" Ron Paul answered as I would have...."It's nobody elses responsibility to pay for his poor decision."

So no.....I personally wouldn't want to let him die, but HE made the decision before that to let himself die.

Once we get past feeling sorry for those who made poor decisions, the sooner we'll be back on track as a nation.

Place blame where it belongs.....
That's it in a nutshell...The I'm ok, screw the rest attitude of so many in the US that I find so selfish and deplorable....News flash for you...Everybody makes many bad decisions over their lifetime, haven't you?

Old 10-22-2013, 05:55 AM

23,173 posts, read 26,202,662 times
The link to the Weiser story did not actually provide enough details to determine whether or not he could have obtained health insurance
One thing that might have come into play....and it's impossible to know from the links...is whether or not he could have obtained a policy within the allowances of the "credible coverage' clause.
Tear-jerker stories seldom provide details

Old 10-22-2013, 05:57 AM

5,997 posts, read 3,734,817 times
Quote:
He could have purchased insurance, but at a higher cost. There is ALWAYS insurance available, but risk comes into play, therefore, premiums are higher.

For instance.....when you have a history of auto accidents, your rates are much higher that one who has a clean record.

You and your caring friends could have, and should have chipped in and helped him buy insurance.
This is why the right is losing voters. This kind of "solution" is unworkable by the vast number of Americans who are in the same situation. They just cannot fathom why some can't simply go out and "buy insurance". THEY CAN'T AFFORD IT. What is so hard for the righties to understand about that? Our society created this mess so it's up to everyone to fix it and help pay for situations like this.

Old 10-22-2013, 05:59 AM

5,997 posts, read 3,734,817 times
Quote:
Deflect to an unrelated subject. Nice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies