Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2013, 07:41 AM

6,795 posts, read 7,291,785 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
Tragically...the Oakland PD made the correct move.

Besides, the kid knew better. Even a 10 year old knows that real looking toy guns are dangerous and can be perceived as the real deal.
The kid knew better? Are you really that stupid? Apparently you are. The kid did nothing wrong, even if the gun were real it is not against the law to walk down the street with a gun.

The cops were paranoid cowards and shot someone without justification and morons and idiots are trying to justify it by saying what if. What if, What if, What if,

Perhaps all murderers can use what if as a defense, after all anyone can say they were afraid someone was going to kill them even if they were unarmed, What if they were armed, what if they were a maniac, what if they had a bomb, what if, what if, what if.

We can call it the idiots what if defense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2013, 04:50 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,902,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimhcom View Post
The kid knew better? Are you really that stupid? Apparently you are. The kid did nothing wrong, even if the gun were real it is not against the law to walk down the street with a gun.
Wrong again. You know, you'd really do well to do a little fact checking before making all of these claims. You're making yourself look downright foolish.

In California, Open Carry of a firearm, either loaded or unloaded, is unlawful in incorporated areas.

Couple that with the fact that the replica he was carrying was a replica of a firearm that is itself illegal in the state of California [ an ak47 ] and that the person who was carrying was not of legal age to posses such a weapon in the first place.

If the gun were real, he'd have been breaking plenty of laws, and knowing that liberal hotbed known as California, they probably have some type of law about walking down the street with fake and or bb guns as well.

Old 10-31-2013, 08:40 AM

6,795 posts, read 7,291,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
Wrong again. You know, you'd really do well to do a little fact checking before making all of these claims. You're making yourself look downright foolish.

In California, Open Carry of a firearm, either loaded or unloaded, is unlawful in incorporated areas.

Couple that with the fact that the replica he was carrying was a replica of a firearm that is itself illegal in the state of California [ an ak47 ] and that the person who was carrying was not of legal age to posses such a weapon in the first place.

If the gun were real, he'd have been breaking plenty of laws, and knowing that liberal hotbed known as California, they probably have some type of law about walking down the street with fake and or bb guns as well.
Talk about looking foolish!

1) In the first place the Constitution is the supreme law of the land. Any state law in conflict with the Constitution is secondary to the Constitution.

2) California open carry law applies to handguns and not rifles.

3) AK47's are not illegal to own in California, they are only illegal for new purchase. If you owned one prior to the passage of the law, it is legal.

4) There are several AK replicas which look just like an AK which are legal.

5) You are going around in circles with your "if" arguments which carry no basis in facts.

You may admit to being wrong any time you have the integrity to do so.... but I will not hold my breath.

And none of this changes the fact that a Cop decided to gun down a child for carrying a toy gun which was not an illegal act, and would not have been even if the gun was real.

Old 10-31-2013, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimhcom View Post
1) In the first place the Constitution is the supreme law of the land. Any
state law in conflict with the Constitution is secondary to the
Constitution.
Unfortunately, the Constitution doesn't grant us the right to bear arms wherever we please. This has been confirmed in he Heller decision of the Supreme Court.

From that decision:

* Like most rights, the Second Amendment right is not unlimited. It is not a right to keep and carry any weapon whatsoever in any manner whatsoever and for whatever purpose

* The Court’s opinion should not be taken to cast doubt on longstanding prohibitions such as laws forbidding the carrying of firearms in sensitive places

This decision by the court was reaffirmed in the McDonald vs. Chicago decision two years later

Quote:
2) California open carry law applies to handguns and not rifles.
Really???

California lawmakers approve ban on open carry of rifles, shotguns - latimes.com

Never underestimate the stupidity of California lawmakers....

You must enjoy being consistently wrong..... You may admit to being wrong any time you have the integrity to do so.... but
I will not hold my breath.

Quote:
5) You are going around in circles with your "if" arguments which carry no
basis in facts.
You're the one who said that "if" the gun were real, he still wouldn't have been breaking any laws. I'm here to let you know that you're wrong, again.
Quote:
You may admit to being wrong any time you have the integrity to do so.... but
I will not hold my breath.
Just one problem..... I'm not wrong

Quote:
And none of this changes the fact that a Cop decided to gun down a child for
carrying a toy gun which was not an illegal act,
You seem to be operating under the premise that the cop knew the gun was a toy.... surely you don't believe that that is the case? The officer shot the kid because under the circumstances, it was impossible for him to know whether the gun was real or not. If police second guess themselves in these type of situations, it could cost them their lives.

The kid should have followed directions and dropped the gun. Unfortunately, I'm not convinced the child knew English and therefore probably didn't understand the command to drop the weapon. I guess this is the reward Liberals get for letting the immigration system get so out of control by leaving the flood gates open. I wonder if the parents were legal immigrants

Quote:
and would not have been even if the gun was real.
Yes, it certainly would've been illegal, had the gun been real.

Last edited by WhipperSnapper 88; 10-31-2013 at 02:09 PM..

Old 10-31-2013, 01:57 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,864,594 times
If they can't stop and think, they shouldn't be cops... and if they didn't then its negligent homicide...

Old 10-31-2013, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
If they can't stop and think, they shouldn't be cops... and if they didn't then its negligent homicide...
You stop and think a second too long in that situation and you might end up with a bullet in your head.....

Old 10-31-2013, 03:23 PM

9,142 posts, read 5,807,618 times
Ten seconds doesn't sound like much if
you don't think yer about to get shot.
If you do believe yer about to get shot,
ten seconds can be an eternity.

Old 10-31-2013, 04:57 PM

8,610 posts, read 7,898,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
Unfortunately our LE is becoming more militarized every day.

Whatever LEO were before becoming a cop is irrelevant. Modern day cops are not trained 'To Protect and Serve', they are trained to eliminate any resistance to what their higher ups point them to. This can be a simple protest, a kid with a toy gun, some guy pulled over in traffic with a half dozen squad cars present or any other obscene display of power they can exhibit because 'they are the police, damn it!' That's even more of a reason to learn the constitution and refuse them whatever they think they are doing. Most of them don't know the laws they are enforcing anyway.

Militarized is an understatement. Cops can carry "assault" rifles around with them. They brandish them. The average citizen is a national threat if owning one and never touching it. Hve you ever seen footage od cops with riot gear training? They look like Starship Troopers from Star Wars.

The term 'Police State' is becoming a reality.

I wonder what they would have done if he had a slingshot?

I would be an angry dad hell bent on revenge if that was my kid, however, the liberal anti-gun nuts got their wishes and a dead boy to put into a coffin.

You can put this on those who demonize firearms as they don't even know what one is. This story is proof positive.

Old 10-31-2013, 05:06 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,541,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by armory View Post
Whatever LEO were before becoming a cop is irrelevant. Modern day cops are not trained 'To Protect and Serve', they are trained to eliminate any resistance to what their higher ups point them to. This can be a simple protest, a kid with a toy gun, some guy pulled over in traffic with a half dozen squad cars present or any other obscene display of power they can exhibit because 'they are the police, damn it!' That's even more of a reason to learn the constitution and refuse them whatever they think they are doing. Most of them don't know the laws they are enforcing anyway.

Militarized is an understatement. Cops can carry "assault" rifles around with them. They brandish them. The average citizen is a national threat if owning one and never touching it. Hve you ever seen footage od cops with riot gear training? They look like Starship Troopers from Star Wars.

The term 'Police State' is becoming a reality.

I wonder what they would have done if he had a slingshot?

I would be an angry dad hell bent on revenge if that was my kid, however, the liberal anti-gun nuts got their wishes and a dead boy to put into a coffin.

You can put this on those who demonize firearms as they don't even know what one is. This story is proof positive.
Shouldn't a trained officer be aware of what is a real firearm and what is not?

To blame this on a political party is just dumb.

Old 10-31-2013, 05:56 PM

9,142 posts, read 5,807,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Shouldn't a trained officer be aware of what is a real firearm and what is not?

The article said it was a "replica" gun; it didn't look like a toy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies