Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2013, 09:12 AM

7,321 posts, read 6,930,757 times

Advertisements

Packages toy guns come in warn not to brandish the toy as though it were real, there are consequences.
Question to you liberals ,
What if some one put an orange tip on a real gun ? How would that change any thing ?
If carrying guns were normal there would be no need to brandish them, in fact the realization of every other person being able to remove the potential threat, would cause more to be thoughtful, not careless.
But then again liberals do not like the idea of being responsible for ones own actions.
Making guns unavailable for good people to cary, means mostly the criminal has the advantage, as you like it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2013, 06:25 PM

22,974 posts, read 27,023,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by surfman View Post
I'm not a huge fan of LEO's these days, especially in Cali. I live just a few miles from Hawthorne, which is where that cop pulled his gun and shot a mans dog dead because the master was recording as he was making a stop. Those two cops had to go into hiding because of the communities outrage.

Now, I took a good look at the weapon (toy) in question. It looks EXACTLY like a real AK47. An Airsoft rifle is hardly a "toy", and though it isn't deadly, how could the cops have known?

I will say this; The new generation of video game raised cops are much quicker to pull the trigger rather than talking a suspect into submission. They tend to shoot first, and sort things out later. I would believe these cops could have shot a bit quickly, and modified the events to seem more reasonable; especially if they were younger (under 40).
Unfortunately the crooks these days are much faster to shoot the LEO's or witness's for that matter for many different reasons. One of reasons (in CA) is the 3 strikes laws. If you know you're going to jail for life anyway why not try a shootout and maybe get away?

Old 11-04-2013, 06:26 PM

45,237 posts, read 26,464,208 times
Toys have consequences. Good one!

Old 11-07-2013, 10:26 AM

6,795 posts, read 7,291,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
I hate the title of this thread. No one was murdered for carrying a toy gun. He was shot because he didn't obey the cops. Cops who thought he had a real gun and was resisting them.
Yea, the truth always burns when you cannot stand to hear it. He was murdered because the cops overreacted and chose to induce their fear and distorted view of the situation instead of establishing reality.
Bottom line a child carrying a toy gun was murdered for turning around to see who was yelling.

Old 11-07-2013, 10:51 AM

9,855 posts, read 15,210,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimhcom View Post
Yea, the truth always burns when you cannot stand to hear it. He was murdered because the cops overreacted and chose to induce their fear and distorted view of the situation instead of establishing reality.
Bottom line a child carrying a toy gun was murdered for turning around to see who was yelling.
The bottom line is if you are carrying a gun that looks identical to a real gun and refuse to cooperate with the police, no one should be surprised at what happens.

Stop using a dead kid to fuel your personal hatred.

Old 11-07-2013, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hnsq View Post
The bottom line is if you are carrying a gun that looks identical to a real gun and refuse to cooperate with the police, no one should be surprised at what happens.

Stop using a dead kid to fuel your personal hatred.
Yes the kid refused to cooperate with the police, knowing that it would result in his small body being riddled with bullets. That is just the way it happened. What a bafoon!

Old 11-07-2013, 11:26 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,886,289 times
Saw a photo of that toy gun and it certainly looked real . Tragady but they happen.I can see more as its becoming common for kids to showup with real guns at schools. Guns at school;hit list;college shooting ;its just a sign of violent people.

Old 11-07-2013, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Yes the kid refused to cooperate with the police, knowing that it would result in his small body being riddled with bullets. That is just the way it happened. What a bafoon!
Let me ask you this, if the situation were reversed and that kid had turned and mowed down a cop or 3 would you be here decrying that action as well?
Somehow I think not.

Old 11-07-2013, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Let me ask you this, if the situation were reversed and that kid had turned and mowed down a cop or 3 would you be here decrying that action as well?
Somehow I think not.
More if's???? If your daddy was a rich man perhaps you would have a real education that allowed you to think.
You people live in a reality of if's, "If" he had fired a shot, then the police would have had justification to return fire. They were hiding behind cover with their guns aimed and ready to fire.
He was a little boy standing in the open carrying a toy in a non firing position. If they had not acted like such cowards, a child would still be alive.... that is a fact. See the difference?

Old 11-08-2013, 06:44 AM

Quote:
More if's???? If your daddy was a rich man perhaps you would have a real education that allowed you to think.
You people live in a reality of if's, "If" he had fired a shot, then the police would have had justification to return fire. They were hiding behind cover with their guns aimed and ready to fire.
He was a little boy standing in the open carrying a toy in a non firing position. If they had not acted like such cowards, a child would still be alive.... that is a fact. See the difference?
Nice try at deflection, now how about answering the question posed or is it just too hard to answer?

As for your "statement", he had his back to them so they did not know A.He was a kid. B.That he did/didn't have his finger on the trigger of a REAL weapon. C. His intentions when he started to turn with said weapon in his hands AFTER being repeatedly told to drop it.

This was a terrible situation for all involved. The only blame that can be affixed here is for removing the identifying marks on the toy that clearly showed it to be a TOY and not REAL.

Had there not been several independent witnesses to their (the cops) repeated requests and other key facts I'd be questioning their actions more but the facts are the facts.
Sometimes bad things happen to good people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies