Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should Stores Be Open On Thanksgiving Day?
Yes 23 43.40%
No 30 56.60%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2013, 11:00 AM

8,734 posts, read 13,829,962 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
I see you're from the Dallas area. Now don't get me wrong, I'm not a Cowboys hater, and not a fan either as I'm just impartial shall we say. However; it would be nice to see them mix it up a bit.
LOL, oh I know, I saw that and just started chuckling. It is like when someone complains that there is too much butter in something as if that's a bad thing. I'll say the same thing.

Old 10-25-2013, 11:00 AM

2,687 posts, read 2,187,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
why do you want to force businesses to close for an illegal holiday

the white pilgrims killed the minority indians

I would guess for the same reason the Midwest and South still have effective blue laws, because they think it's the right thing to do.

Old 10-25-2013, 11:03 AM

35,738 posts, read 21,100,137 times
I for one- am againts working Turkey day- those attacking the OP are probably OFF to feed their faces, so they do not care. THIS is the problem- Americans don't care bout other Americans anymore. I remember several years I served some 18/20 soldiers at my house - because it was like HOME... and they ate, laughed, watched games etc etc and this is important. Maybe not be biblical but its is morally uplifting. You will see what this non- social behaviour is cultivating- when this generation grows up with-out family values and they put you in the incinerators because you take up too much space and food as an old person--- I am already old, so this wil fall on you. Keep it up.

Old 10-25-2013, 11:04 AM

124 posts, read 122,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
OP was so busy thinking like a democrat and liberal that they railed against the business but failed to see that if people didn't go shopping on the holiday then the stores would not open. Notice OP doesn't rail against the people for shopping.
Since it's black friday deal, unfortunately there will always be greedy customers wanting to be first in line to get that deal. No customers expects places to be open for Thanksgiving!!!

Old 10-25-2013, 11:05 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,768,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
I for one- am againts working Turkey day- those attacking the OP are probably OFF to feed their faces, so they do not care. THIS is the problem- Americans don't care bout other Americans anymore. I remember several years I served some 18/20 soldiers at my house - because it was like HOME... and they ate, laughed, watched games etc etc and this is important. Maybe not be biblical but its is morally uplifting. You will see what this non- social behaviour is cultivating- when this generation grows up with-out family values and they put you in the incinerators because you take up too much space and food as an old person--- I am already old, so this wil fall on you. Keep it up.
So you are missing the point. I'll make it easy. They would not open if people didn't go shopping.

Old 10-25-2013, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
Thank You !!!!! Thank YOU once again

Old 10-25-2013, 11:07 AM

17,823 posts, read 23,472,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
... and no football... think of all the poor football stadium workers.
Okay, now you have crossed the line.

Cancelling football on Thanksgiving Day is akin to declaring war on the American people. People will die.

Old 10-25-2013, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
So you are missing the point. I'll make it easy. They would not open if people didn't go shopping.
There are over 315 million people in this country... Of course you will always find some people wanting to shop. What about retail workers?!

Blue laws forever!!!!!!'

Old 10-25-2013, 11:09 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,227,954 times
Ok, so who SHOULD have to work?

TV station employees? Gas station employees? Medical personnel? Police? Firefighters? Hotel staff? Bus drivers? Utility company employees? Who gets to pick?

Old 10-25-2013, 11:10 AM

17,823 posts, read 23,472,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Votre_Chef View Post
I would guess for the same reason the Midwest and South still have effective blue laws, because they think it's the right thing to do.
It is not just the mid-west and southern States with Blue Laws still in effect. Unfortunately, you will find them in effect in every State in the Union. Including Alaska, which is as far from the mid-west and the south as it gets.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies