Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2013, 01:19 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,717,554 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Look at what the thieves did. They live on the money we work for and then the animals loaded up when the EBT system was down. When it came back up they left the buggys right where they stood.
Onumbmers Sons and Daughters

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2013, 01:21 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,331,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Of course....she is even...dare i say it....black........................:smac k:
It's the standard rejoiner every time someone posts examples of Tea Party stupidity. "It's a liberal plant!"

Last edited by weltschmerz; 10-28-2013 at 01:45 PM..

Old 10-28-2013, 01:25 PM

3,201 posts, read 4,412,243 times
aca = law requiring americans to purchase health insurance

having "health insurance" has nothing to do with better health... poor people on medicaid will still be on medicaid, rich people, elites, fed govt employees will still have top quality healthcare and access to the best doctors

aca does not equal the same level of care for everybody... somehow many people had equated mandatory health insurance to getting the same quality care as say congress members

if the reason someone didnt have insurance before is because they couldnt afford it, then why can they afford it now?

if someone had preexisting conditions, you still didnt need aca because everbody in the legislature agree to not allow insurance co to deny coverage

if someone is 23-24-25-26 yrs old they are grown and shouldnt be on parents insurance to begin with...so till this day i dont know why people keep yelling "stay on your parents insurance until your 26" lmao it's not a good thing.

the "cheap" plans have high ass deductables. "poor people" cant afford them... imagine someone that cringes at a $500 or $1000 deductable for car insurance having to come up with a $5k+ deductable for a medical procedure... and there is no catastrophic coverage

what about your teeth? dental is part of your health right?...does aca cover it? what about people with dogs, cats whatever they are members of the family

the people that pushed this out there knows it wont work and soon will try to "fix" it by morphing it into single payer

some claim that it's to help poor people... how is stacking more people on medicaid than before going to help poor people

this is possibly one of the worst laws ever conceived

Old 10-28-2013, 01:27 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,331,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
Just wondering where it is.

I thought that is what Candidate Obama promised when he got elected.

Free Healthcare.

So where is it. I went to the ACA website and I have to pay.

I suppose you thought the Healthcare Fairy shows up and sprinkles magical free healthcare dust over the populace.

Old 10-28-2013, 01:27 PM

46,313 posts, read 27,124,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
It's the standard rejoiner every time someone post examples of Tea Party stupidity. "It's a liberal plant!"
Of course it is....you keep telling us this, so it has to be true...right...

Old 10-28-2013, 01:28 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,266,619 times
Quote:

Free Healthcare.

Canada, Germany, Sweden (I think) but certainly not the United States of America.

If you believe anything any politician says that one is on you for being so gullible.

Old 10-28-2013, 01:29 PM

22,229 posts, read 17,863,405 times
Quote:

Free Healthcare.

I think Cruz got it all ... by the way, you paid for his.

Old 10-28-2013, 01:35 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,135,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pch1013 View Post
Obamacare makes even poor people place some "skin in the game." And isn't that what the cons want?
how the hell did that happen? Obamacare expanded medicaid, which is less people putting skin in the game, not more..

Old 10-28-2013, 01:41 PM

8,016 posts, read 5,863,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
I never heard that offer. I think only stupid people thought that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomexico View Post
Yes, I think you're right.
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
I suppose you thought the Healthcare Fairy shows up and sprinkles magical free healthcare dust over the populace.

That awkward moment when you realize that the phrase "free healthcare" was deleted -- without notice -- from the Obamacare website:

'Free health care' deleted - without notice, from Obamacare Web site - Politics & Policy - Catholic Online

Remember -- just because YOU don't know anything about something, doesn't mean it didn't happen.

Old 10-28-2013, 01:43 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,519,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Well become extremely poor and get on Medicaid and live life like one of the "poor elites" that the right wingers go on and on about.
I have thought about that.

If I were on disability, I could also get a HUD voucher, food stamps, etc . . . and just sit in my apartment all day and play WoW.

Wish I had thought this through years ago.

Like a dummy, I actually paid for my education and I could have gotten it all FREE and had my babies FREE if only I had been on Medicaid and a back to work program.

People caught up in generational poverty know all the ins and outs of this stuff -- how not to work and still get a decent apartment and free tuition, etc - kids that someone else pays for. Free daycare.

This is the plight of white middleclass 'Merica. We just don't know how to use the system. We only know how to pay into it for others, I guess.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies