Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-15-2013, 11:14 AM

12,638 posts, read 8,956,097 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
Still mad huh?
That critter looks a lot like Michelle Obama.

Old 11-15-2013, 11:15 AM

4,176 posts, read 4,671,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
My GOD.... That was classic!

The quote of the day, right there.
I'm stealing that to use on my wifes Progressive friends.
Yeah, you'll show them!!

Old 11-15-2013, 11:16 AM

10,029 posts, read 8,347,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
What the bill being introduced by the house republicans actually does is make those sub standard insurance policies available for future sale indefinitely, into the future instead of capping them for a year.
This basically guts the entire ACA and Obama will not allow that to happen.
Quote:
President Barack Obama would veto a House GOP bill that would allow health plans set for cancellation to be offered for another year, the White House said tonight. The bill is set for a House vote tomorrow.

Read more: White House: Barack Obama would veto House GOP bill on health plans - Joanne Kenen - POLITICO.com

Feel free to try again though. It's fun to watch.

Old 11-15-2013, 11:16 AM

13,694 posts, read 9,011,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
And as we can see, the trend to avoid discussing the real reason for state appointments of Senators (preventing the Fed govt from stealing State powers) continues among the leftists.
I believe I stated the reason: Americans back then wanted the change. The People spoke, which does rather irk many people, I agree.

A shame that no one is responding to this same subject of yours on discussanything:

A striking slip by Obama, made as he struggles with "funadamentally transforming the United States"

You are a busy acorn.

Old 11-15-2013, 11:17 AM

5,094 posts, read 5,175,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
What the bill being introduced by the house republicans actually does is make those sub standard insurance policies available for future sale indefinitely, into the future instead of capping them for a year.
This basically guts the entire ACA and Obama will not allow that to happen.

Barack may not be able to stop it if the bill can get enough support to withstand a veto. The members of Congress want to keep their jobs going forward. Barack will soon be OJ Simpson 2.0

Old 11-15-2013, 11:18 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Globe199 View Post
Yeah, you'll show them!!
Ah come on... I know it got a chuckle out of you too.

Old 11-15-2013, 11:19 AM

3,537 posts, read 2,736,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
There is a reason why my father called conservatives "regressive." They want to live in a romanticized past age that wasn't all that great to begin with. 100 years ago, most workers lived hand-to-mouth as there were no government protections. Most seniors lived in poverty. In 1906, Upton Sinclair wrote The Jungle, which exposure practices in the American meatpacking industry that shocked the nation. Afterwards, Congress passed food regulations (you know, the kind that conservatives hate.)

100 years ago, the world was noticeably different than 1789. The world was becoming global. 100 years ago, the U.S. was had the 19th largest military. It was no longer possible to pay for the defense of the nation from tariffs and fees.

It was also a step in the right direction to elect U.S. Senators -- selected by the people and not through back-door corruption, which was the standard before.

I don't connect the dots as you do. This was not some sinister slip of the tongue by the President. The nation has simply been looking for a health care system for 100 years -- and it is long overdue.
Unfortunately for your rant and dellusions a vast majority do not want to return to the conditions as described in "the Jungle". You can use those epic exaggerations to try and suppress views opposing yours but it only makes you look silly.

Old 11-15-2013, 11:19 AM

11,086 posts, read 8,545,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Globe199 View Post
That election is three years away. You have no idea how the ACA will be operating at that time.
Lol. Dems don't know because they have a cognitive disorder which prevents them from anticipating consequences.

Many people know exactly how it will be ....'functioning'.

Old 11-15-2013, 11:20 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,783,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isee-you View Post
Obama set up to blame insurance companies. He had 3 1/2 years to set up obamacare yet he expects insurance companies to change course in 30 days.

Obama said he will veto the Upton bill (you can keep your insurance bill). Obama called a meeting with insurance companies today. It's time for strong arm tactics.
He's meeting with the insurance companies and more than likely they will bend to his demands, just like they were told to keep quiet about Obamacare. He is going to tell them what they need to do to fix the problem - the problem that isn't his, but the one that the insurance companies created. I would like to hear that the insurance companies refused to bend and then he can announce how he offered them a solution to their problem but they were uncooperative, just like the republicans.

Old 11-15-2013, 11:24 AM

39,078 posts, read 51,239,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaten_Drinker View Post
Barack may not be able to stop it if the bill can get enough support to withstand a veto. The members of Congress want to keep their jobs going forward. Barack will soon be OJ Simpson 2.0
You're drinking something besides Spaten, if you think that will happen. It is dead, dead, dead in the Senate. It will never reach the floor. The senate, if anything, will come back with their own bill, that changes it taking away the poison pill, and the House will vote that down. Sound familiar?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies