Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-18-2013, 06:31 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,794,265 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
people like you believe a narrative and stick to it to the bitter end, even if you know you are wrong.
Well if that is the case, judging by your posts you should know seeing as how you are way ahead of the crowd.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2013, 06:43 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,794,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
I'm going to qualify this a little. While I will agree with you that all politicians lie without a doubt, I will say that Ron Paul did tell some very painful truths. Some of which probably kept him from being elected. The main reason Obama got elected and re-elected is he told the people what they wanted to hear irrespective of the truth. (That's a diplomatic way of saying he is a complete liar and a fraud).
^^^This. Truth. People don't want to hear the truth because the truth can be ugly and people don't want to deal with. People want and need to be lied to for that "feel good" feeling. How do you fix what is wrong without knowing the truth?

Old 11-18-2013, 07:08 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,762,344 times
Quote:
You not liking something does not make it unconstitutional, Try again.

Your argument that not doing it at all would be best would again, only be best in a utopia where terrorist magically stopped hating us the second we stopped using drones, that isnt going to happen in the real world and that is problem with the argument you are trying to make.
We need to pull out of the middle east entirely. Our policies in tis area have destroyed any chance of having a good relationship with these people and it will take generations before it will even begin to heal. I love this speech, Ron Gets it!

Ron Paul: What If? (speech on House floor 2/12/09) - YouTube

Old 11-18-2013, 07:15 AM

Quote:
the word racist does not appear in my comment, stay on topic and dont try to generalize and side step the discussion. If you cant put forth an argument, then just dont respond.

When Ron Paul does interviews where he actually has to tell how his ideas would become a reality, he sounds nothing like he does in debates or in campaign speeches.

social security, welfare, medicaid, these arent things he wants to get rid of on day one, which people on this forum would have you believe which is why the above comments just show me that
Quote:
Paul supporters do indeed only listen to the campaign
trail.
Not true for me and most of his followers. It may be true for the sheeple followers of the man with the silver tongue.

Old 11-18-2013, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssArmyChick View Post
No he would not. And that's the truth. People might not like him but he never sugar coated anything.
You are correct, but people dot want to hear the truth, people are addicted to sugar.

Old 11-18-2013, 07:34 AM

Quote:
No, they dont. I dont even agree with Paul and I think he would tell the truth, i just dont think his ideas would work.
If he were able to impose 10% of his ideas, we would be much better off.

Old 11-18-2013, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
Ron Paul has already deliberately lied on several occasions, but the Ron Paul fanatics are incapable of comprehending that reality. To these fanatics Ron Paul can do no wrong, even though he had to deliberately lie and pretend to be a Republican in order to get elected, when everyone knows he is an avid Libertarian. Ron Paul was a RINO.

Furthermore, Ron Paul tells his fanatics how much he supports the military, and they believe him. Even when he votes to send US troops to war and then refuses to fund the military while they are at war.

Lets not forget about his "free trade" rants that his fanatics lap up. For more than 30 years Ron Paul has voted against every free trade agreement ever submitted in the House, and has never once offered his own bill for free trade. Ron Paul's voting record is a complete contradiction to what comes out of his lying mouth, but that does not phase his fanatics.

I, for one, am grateful that this anti-military, anti-trade, isolationist, lying lunatic never won election as President.

As for Ron Paul's fanatical supporters, as the adage goes, "there is no fixing stupid, not even with duct tape."
Provide some links that prove he is lying.

Old 11-18-2013, 07:46 AM

10,420 posts, read 10,851,032 times
Ahhhhhh......NO!

Old 11-18-2013, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
He so strongly supports the troops he doesn't risk their lives over something that has nothing to do with protecting our borders. You don't care when our troops get killed. Disgusting.

Free trade isn't something that is hundreds of pages long. That is managed trade. You never learn do you?

He's the strongest pro military candidate which is why last time he ran he received more donations from active military that any other candidate when he was running. He's always been for free trade. He's never been an isolationist and you have no proof that he is. He's not the one lying here. Funny how the big government supporters have to make things up about Ron Pauls policies. Their way is such a complete and utter failure they have nothing to back up their horrible policies except mis represent the policies of others.

As for big government fanatical supporters, as the adage goes, "doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results in insanity."
He is not an isolationist, he is a non-interventionist.

Old 11-18-2013, 07:51 AM

7,713 posts, read 4,760,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
Ya mean he really is a racist? That's what I've thought all along, thanks for confirming.
Racist? Ron Paul was the only candidate talking about ending the drug war & freeing all the slaves...I mean non-violent, drug offenders (i.e. black people). If Ron Paul was President they all go free. It would be the most important thing to happen to black people since the Emancipation Proclamation. What has Obama done for black people?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies