Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-20-2013, 11:31 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,331,642 times

Advertisements

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trace21230

I'm pretty sure you've never seen combat, or
someone die in war.
What does that have to do with anything? Women are more than walking incubators. If they want to fight for their country and can do the job, let them.
You think we shouldn't be allowed to fight, because it's for our own good?
Where else have I heard that? Give me a minute...it's on the tip of my tongue.
Oh right! Islamic extremists think women should not be allowed to drive or get an education. It's for their own good.

Old 11-20-2013, 11:31 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,959,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Oh just give it up, already... you are becoming a caricature of yourselves, and making the reasonable conservatives look ridiculous. Then people wonder why I still identify as independent, lol.

And if you really want to play the "their side attacks us" game, I would be happy to present you with examples from "your side" too. I have offered that in other threads, and suspiciously get nothing but crickets in response. Case in point, look at how I was called a "militant feminist," told to join up and die, then accused of knowing nothing about the issue. Why? Because I merely said women who meet the same requirements should be allowed to fight. So you can spare us with that nonsense, because anyone with half a brain knows that is neither a liberal nor conservative trait - it's really just a douchebag trait.
You put Nancy Pelosi in office and keep re electing her. Nuff said.

Old 11-21-2013, 12:07 AM

30,357 posts, read 51,964,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
You put Nancy Pelosi in office and keep re electing her. Nuff said.
Me? I don't recall ever voting for her, so as I said, it's odd you would make such judgments about me so quickly!

Nuff said - literally, since arguing with you is about as productive as banging my head against a wall.

Old 11-21-2013, 12:10 AM

Quote:
Me? I don't recall ever voting for her, so as I said, it's odd you would make such judgments about me so quickly!

Nuff said - literally, since arguing with you is about as productive as banging my head against a wall.
Sweetie, I am not arguing with you. I am trying to explain this to you, but you don't understand. Calm down.

Old 11-21-2013, 12:13 AM

38,645 posts, read 26,393,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
If we are making cutbacks in the military force levels, then why eve bother adding complexity and distractions by forcing the Marine Corps to allow women in combat roles at all? For that matter, why allow gays to serve?
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Because liberals cannot defend their positions on the issues with facts.

They rely instead on personal attacks, lies, distortions, misrepresentations, anecdotalism and innuendo.

For the liberal, it's not that we need homosexuals to advertise their sexuality within the military for any practical reason, but rather it is because you are a bigot if you don't agree with their insane PC agenda.

So now we're on to females in Marine grunt units and common sense is once again missing in action.
Quote:
Oh just give it up, already... you are becoming a caricature of yourselves, and making the reasonable conservatives look ridiculous. Then people wonder why I still identify as independent, lol.

And if you really want to play the "their side attacks us" game, I would be happy to present you with examples from "your side" too. I have offered that in other threads, and suspiciously get nothing but crickets in response. Case in point, look at how I was called a "militant feminist," told to join up and die, then accused of knowing nothing about the issue. Why? Because I merely said women who meet the same requirements should be allowed to fight. So you can spare us with that nonsense, because anyone with half a brain knows that is neither a liberal nor conservative trait - it's really just a douchebag trait.

Like I said...

Old 11-21-2013, 12:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
What does that have to do with anything? Women are more than walking incubators. If they want to fight for their country and can do the job, let them.
You think we shouldn't be allowed to fight, because it's for our own good?
Where else have I heard that? Give me a minute...it's on the tip of my tongue.
Oh right! Islamic extremists think women should not be allowed to drive or get an education. It's for their own good.
Bazinga! And yet, they continue to deny sexism is still a problem in our nation... when it clearly is.

I have no personal desire to join the military, never have, but who am I to say what is right for another woman? If they feel their destiny is to fight in combat, and pass all of the tests, more power to them. And if it turns out women aren't cut out for the job, they will fail on their own. But telling us "you shouldn't/can't even try" is the epitome of inequality. Besides, I've known a few women who were only indistinguishable from a man by their genitalia - seriously, you would NOT want to cross them in the battlefield!

Last edited by gizmo980; 11-21-2013 at 12:55 AM..

Old 11-21-2013, 12:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
Sweetie, I am not arguing with you. I am trying to explain this to you, but you don't understand. Calm down.
I'm not excited, and please don't call me "sweetie" - I hate that. I also hate being told to calm down, when I'm only trying to have a rational conversation about sexism. What, are you going to get out the smelling salts now, in case I get the vapors?

And by "arguing," I meant debating... which is proving to be futile, since you've yet to discuss the issue with me. All you've done so far is make condescending remarks, and (mostly incorrectly) assumed things about my beliefs and voting habits. So yeah, that's why I said it's like banging my head against a wall! What exactly am I not understanding?

Last edited by gizmo980; 11-21-2013 at 12:54 AM..

Old 11-21-2013, 12:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Like I said...
And like I said, it happens on both sides... so thanks for not arguing with me, and failing to prove otherwise. Are you still trying to pretend conservatives never baselessly attack, and only argue with facts? I am now offering again to find examples from your camp too, but I'm guessing you already know I'm right.

I'm not even a full-blown liberal, so what's your point? Did you even read my post, or just skim through while grumbling about libruls?

Last edited by gizmo980; 11-21-2013 at 01:02 AM..

Old 11-21-2013, 01:02 AM

4,534 posts, read 4,932,712 times
Imagine what the Taliban would love to do to a blonde haired all American girl captured as a result of being on the front lines.

Old 11-21-2013, 01:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fibonacci View Post
Imagine what the Taliban would love to do to a blonde haired all American girl captured as a result of being on the front lines.
But if SHE WANTS TO, let her! I'm sure she is tough enough to handle it, at least according to the gizmos of the world, who know so much more than the rest of us about wars and fighting and the military.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies