Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2013, 10:05 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,698,118 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistermobile View Post
I met a Vet yesterday and learned that he suffered liver failure. He told me that he was denied a place on the liver transplant list because of his status which he said was determined under the ACA. He is very active, self supporting and a father of three.

Also he said his dental and eye coverages were cut way back. Again the ACA. So implementation of the ACA effected him.
According to Obama, his plan was substandard.

ACA is a "better" plan. It's sad, but there will be so many more people in his position as time goes on.

Those who voted for him just had no idea...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2013, 03:05 AM

2,553 posts, read 2,436,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Would these death panels be any different than the ones that have existed for eons already within the U.S. related to Insurance Companies denying treatment or outright cancelling your coverage upon you sustaining a serious illness?
Insurance companies don't provide treatment, they provide payment for treatment covered under the terms of your policy. They also can't cancel your policy because of a large claim submitted but, they can rescind your policy if they discover you commited fraud that would otherwise resulted in them not approving your application when you originally applied for coverage.

Old 12-09-2013, 03:38 AM

23,173 posts, read 26,202,662 times
Quote:
I met a Vet yesterday and learned that he suffered liver failure. He told me that he was denied a place on the liver transplant list because of his status which he said was determined under the ACA. He is very active, self supporting and a father of three.

Also he said his dental and eye coverages were cut way back. Again the ACA. So implementation of the ACA effected him.
And di he explain to you just what the "status" is that he referred to?
I doubt that it meant "very active, self supporting and a father of three"
There are medical and even social reasons to be denied transplant.

Old 12-09-2013, 03:51 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,740,361 times
They will determine you value to society and feeding the monster known as government.The IRS will just look at your return and if you are a tax payer you'll get care. If not, treatment will be decline.

Old 12-09-2013, 11:34 AM

2,479 posts, read 2,214,182 times
Default Question on status

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
And di he explain to you just what the "status" is that he referred to?
I doubt that it meant "very active, self supporting and a father of three"
There are medical and even social reasons to be denied transplant.
The vet did ask but didn't receive an answer. Do you know what the medical and "social reasons" to deny a transplant are? I'll pass it on.

Old 12-09-2013, 07:01 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,493,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danno3314 View Post
Insurance companies don't provide treatment, they provide payment for treatment covered under the terms of your policy. They also can't cancel your policy because of a large claim submitted but, they can rescind your policy if they discover you commited fraud that would otherwise resulted in them not approving your application when you originally applied for coverage.
Aaah, that is so much better than this is it?

http://www.justice.org/cps/rde/xbcr/...nceTactics.pdf

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/money/industries/health/story/2011-09-09/health-insurance-denial-rates-kaiser-health-news/50362322/1

Now tell me who gets treatment beyond emergency stabilization, while enduring a claim denial and appeal process? Ergo: a denial of claim is a denial of treatment.

And even if your appeal is successful ~ well after a couple of months of wrangling through the process your cancer has spread and is now terminal, too late, too bad, so sad.

http://clincancerres.aacrjournals.or...6/24/5997.full

Who are the fraudsters again?

Senior Health Insurance Company of Pennsylvania accused of denying valid claims | abc7news.com

Old 12-10-2013, 04:27 AM

23,173 posts, read 26,202,662 times
Quote:
The vet did ask but didn't receive an answer. Do you know what the medical and "social reasons" to deny a transplant are? I'll pass it on.
This is one place for information

Liver Transplant Denial, Veterans Health Administration]

http://www.va.gov/oig/pubs/VAOIG-11-03671-207.pdf

Easier to read to read and not necessarily complete as well as dependent on the specific center......
Liver Transplantation - National Digestive Diseases Information Clearinghouse"

Each transplant center has its own guidelines regarding eligibility for liver transplantation. A center might determine that a person with acute or chronic liver failure is not a candidate for a liver transplant if the person has
  • cancer outside the liver
  • infection throughout the body
  • advanced heart or lung disease
  • an alcohol or drug abuse problem
  • AIDS
  • the inability to follow a treatment regimen
  • a lack of psychosocial support

Old 12-11-2013, 01:59 AM

5,800 posts, read 6,568,977 times
ObamaCare is the REAL substandard and junk plan, unless you're ready to be cut off from access to most of our very best hospitals and steered into community hospitals and health clinics; it's called rationing, and it's coming to your hometown starting next year, right before the elections.

Old 12-11-2013, 06:44 AM

29,218 posts, read 22,371,062 times
One of Nelson Mandela's notable quotes:
"Resentment is like drinking poison and then hoping it will kill your enemies."

Maybe you should think about that, Ed.

Mark Halperin is misinformed.

Old 12-11-2013, 06:55 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Beginning @ 69, my dad was put on 3 death panels, the 3rd finally got him.
What made my dad terminal... His age.

Originally Posted by borregokid
So the gubbermint should just keep pumping billions of dollars to keep alive 80-95 year olds on their death beds.

Some hate their parents and can't wait to get at their assets.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies