Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-28-2013, 09:59 AM

23,173 posts, read 26,207,141 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Exactly what "costs" does the government control ?
Control or influence...same result sometimes.
Mircea, if you'd plow through some of his long posts, has provided a good amount of information as to how government has exerted influence or allowed things that do affect cost.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2013, 10:17 AM

18,461 posts, read 7,094,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
Am I the first to tell you that you can find proposed legislation before it's passed?
Welcome to the Library of Congress at
Bills, Resolutions - THOMAS (Library of Congress)

Your representatives had access to it...maybe you should think about what they do and don't do before you vote again

MY REPRESENTATIVES DIDN'T VOTE FOR IT.

3000+ pages were available to the public for how long before it was passed????

2-3 days as I remember?

Old 11-28-2013, 10:20 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,509,263 times
Quote:
Control or influence...same result sometimes.
Mircea, if you'd plow through some of his long posts, has provided a good amount of information as to how government has exerted influence or allowed things that do affect cost.
I'll grant you the influence but the government has no direct control over cost because the medical industry is not government run.

Now your county clinics are and there they can control costs.
I went there and paid $5 for something a doctor quoted $150 (TB skin test).

Old 11-28-2013, 10:21 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,509,263 times
Quote:
Am I the first to tell you that you can find proposed legislation before it's passed?
Welcome to the Library of Congress at
Bills, Resolutions - THOMAS (Library of Congress)

Your representatives had access to it...maybe you should think about what they do and don't do before you vote again
My Rep had access and voted NO.

Old 11-28-2013, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dooleys1300 View Post
MY REPRESENTATIVES DIDN'T VOTE FOR IT.

3000+ pages were available to the public for how long before it was passed????

2-3 days as I remember?
You must get all your information here?
I looked for something for you that was easy to follow.
Timeline of the health care law - CNN.com

Old 11-28-2013, 10:43 AM

Quote:
I'll grant you the influence but the government has no direct control over cost because the medical industry is not government run.

Now your county clinics are and there they can control costs.
I went there and paid $5 for something a doctor quoted $150 (TB skin test).
LOL....no, it's more like the medical industry runs the government. Results are the same.
I absolutely agree that county (local) clinics are part of the answer but unfortunately, they are in short supply.

Old 11-28-2013, 12:20 PM

30,258 posts, read 23,746,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
I won't deny that it EVER happens. Do you really believe that people aren't denied care without insurance? Without money to pay? That this is a fail safe plan?

Is it your position that people aren't denied care?

Do tell.
Really?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Well that's a damn fine question now isn't it? And we wouldn't have that issue if it weren't for this ridiculous b.s. Deathcare plan.

"Oh they wouldn't have paid for that, they can't get insurance at that age." Let me guess, that's what you'll say in response?

Here's the deal: I should be able to decide if I want my knee worked on even though I'm already in a wheelchair. YOU should be able to decide if you want your knee worked on even though you are already in a wheelchair. But liberals have decided that the government should make that choice for them. Easy to say now, considering many of them are young, and they can't foresee that far in to the future. I wonder what they will be saying when it's them in that hospital bed, and the good ol' gov that they gave all of that power to says, "You know, we COULD cure you, but, meh, you're old anyway. **** off. Doctor, unplug this useless, unnecessary person at once!"

Why are liberals so hell bent on killing everyone? From babies to the elderly, they can't wait to off a few hundred thousand every year. Sick freaks.
Quote:
...Ok; here's the deal. YOU didn't ever have the final say so in that knee surgery. Your doctor and your health provider decide if you get the treatment. Unless you have around $15,000 to pay for it out of pocket AND can find a surgeon to take cash.

Do you really think declining to do surgery on an elderly person is NEW? Ya'll have a LOT to learn about the insurance industry my friend. OH, and hospitals don't like to take the risk of an elderly patient dying on THEIR operating room table. It ruins their statistics, don't you know.
I stated that I had a choice. You actually tried to tell me that I did not.

Quote:
Ok, here's the deal, YES, I DID get to make that decision. Yet another liberal LIE that you killers are passing around.
I stated once again that I did have the choice.

Quote:
Do you DENY that health carriers decline to pay for procedures every single day?

Do you ASSERT that doctors will then perform them for free?
You state that I am wrong because doctors won't work on patients who don't pay. I illustrated, in the next post, that you do NOT need the government to come in and make decisions for you about whether or not you will get your knee fixed. What has been argued on this thread is that "old people" are ready and willing to kick the bucket, in fact, they are begging people to kill them. Which is such utter b.s. it doesn't even deserve a response. I am neither old, nor have I ever had to have my knee fixed on, (thankfully), the POINT was, I had that choice.

NOW the choice is, does the government deem I'm worthy, or does the government say, "You're old, we don't need you anymore....get rid of this person."

I'm not sure how that turned in to you stating that doctors refuse to work on people who can't pay, but it went there. You insisted that I did not have the final say. You do realize that there is more than one doctor, more than one healthcare service? You do realize that you are not obligated to stay with that doctor, or stay with that healthcare service? You do realize that there are alternatives, even for those who can't pay, or for those whose insurance companies denied making payments? The way that you came across, only nanny government could help us....you know, if we were "good enough" to be helped, and that we could not possibly have made any decisions on our own to get the care that we needed. So if you do not deny that it happens, then what the hell is your argument?

Last edited by Three Wolves In Snow; 11-28-2013 at 12:33 PM..

Old 11-28-2013, 03:51 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,537,022 times
Quote:
Really?

I stated that I had a choice. You actually tried to tell me that I did not.

I stated once again that I did have the choice.

You state that I am wrong because doctors won't work on patients who don't pay. I illustrated, in the next post, that you do NOT need the government to come in and make decisions for you about whether or not you will get your knee fixed. What has been argued on this thread is that "old people" are ready and willing to kick the bucket, in fact, they are begging people to kill them. Which is such utter b.s. it doesn't even deserve a response. I am neither old, nor have I ever had to have my knee fixed on, (thankfully), the POINT was, I had that choice.

NOW the choice is, does the government deem I'm worthy, or does the government say, "You're old, we don't need you anymore....get rid of this person."

I'm not sure how that turned in to you stating that doctors refuse to work on people who can't pay, but it went there. You insisted that I did not have the final say. You do realize that there is more than one doctor, more than one healthcare service? You do realize that you are not obligated to stay with that doctor, or stay with that healthcare service? You do realize that there are alternatives, even for those who can't pay, or for those whose insurance companies denied making payments? The way that you came across, only nanny government could help us....you know, if we were "good enough" to be helped, and that we could not possibly have made any decisions on our own to get the care that we needed. So if you do not deny that it happens, then what the hell is your argument?
Goodness. ALL that and you still have not answered the question. Do you believe that people are denied care due to lack of insurance and/or lack of funds?

That's it.

A simple yes or no will suffice. I've spent a significant amount of time in insurance but - I am sure you're the expert.

IF you believe that you are going to get that fancy cancer treatment IF your insurance refuses to pay and IF you don't have wads of cash - you are living in a fantasy, my friend.

Of course you cannot just 'switch' insurance carriers. There are pre-existing conditions and employers choose the plans.

All this to say ~ decisions to approve OR deny care are being made every day - and have been for YEARS.

Deny it all you want. I see it every day.

Old 11-28-2013, 06:44 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,698,118 times
Quote:

You insisted that I did not have the final say.
You do realize that there is more than one doctor,
more than one healthcare service?
You do realize that you are not obligated to stay with that doctor, or stay with that healthcare service? You do realize that there are alternatives, even for those who can't pay, or for those whose insurance companies denied making payments?

The way that you came across, only nanny government could help us....you know, if we were "good enough" to be helped, and that we could not possibly have made any decisions on our own to get the care that we needed. So if you do not deny that it happens, then what the hell is your argument?
Tried to rep but it's too soon. This is such an important section of your post that it needs to be drummed into every liberal brainwashed head until it sticks.

Quote:
Goodness. ALL that and you still have not answered the question. Do you believe that people are denied care due to lack of insurance and/or lack of funds?

IF you believe that you are going to get that fancy cancer treatment IF your insurance refuses to pay and IF you don't have wads of cash - you are living in a fantasy, my friend.

All this to say ~ decisions to approve OR deny care are being made every day - and have been for YEARS.

Deny it all you want. I see it every day.
Argue all you want, I have personal experience having seen cancer treatment for someone who could not pay, and the person is a 15 year survivor now. No argument beats personal experience.

Yes, there are people who are denied; yes, they fight for it and sometimes win; yes, there are alternatives; and yes, there are people who are not denied. They get the care they need, and excellent care, and it doesn't cost them a penny because they don't have the $$.

Old 11-28-2013, 06:48 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,698,118 times
Quote:
They are doing nothing about costs.
Cutting reimbursements is not containing costs.
They are containing spending while the cost continue to go up.

Nothing Obamacare addresses the increasing cost of medical care.
Facts can derail an argument. Liberals won't like that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies