Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2013, 04:59 PM

9,282 posts, read 6,746,808 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad3 View Post
Instead of talking about killing people who want to take your guns, why not join them in an intelligent conversation on how we can stop school, movie theater, and postal shootings.

And I believe I have told you this before, the majority of Americans do not own guns (and they do not like guns.)

This countries responsible gun owners need to come together, and do something about these school shootings (before the majority does it for us.)

But like I said before, (I) can live with low round capacity pistols, rifles, and semi-auto shot guns (even with the plug in.) 10 round clips sound fine to me.

Yes you can, I can not live with my freedom being infringed upon. Why they are my freedoms and my rights, no on elses..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2013, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
One hell of a post right here!
Thank you.

Old 11-29-2013, 05:43 PM

18,161 posts, read 15,640,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunlover View Post
And we are the bad guys, we are the ones harming people, shooting nursing mothers in the head, shooting kids in the back (Ruby Rigde) And burning 70 men, women, and child alive over a $200 tax that were not legal allowed to pay(Waco) and yet we the Gun Owners of America are the problem for not sitting and taking....

This goes to show you they only approve of violence so long as it is the state kill any and all he stand against them..
Indeed! I have seen the same opinion, stated almost verbatim, by every single gun control advocate on this board, that we, as gun owners, show that we do not care about the violence that criminals perpetrate upon innocent people. Our choice to own firearms shows this apathy, by the act of owning guns, on its own.

Having been a victim of violent crime, and the extordinarily painful aftermath, I find that heavily bigoted, infuriatingly arrogant and totally unfeeling view to warrant nothing but my unadulterated contempt. Gun control advocates can take their heightened "social conscience" and self professed "enlightened" mentality and re deposit it in the cesspool of liberal dogma from whence it was hatched.

The sociopathic vermin who spewed their filth upon me and mine didn't seem to care much about the existing laws prohibiting victimizing innocent people and destroying their lives. Funny, how they felt no remorse as to how their actions effected those they chose to see as prey.

I suppose, the liberal "social conscience" dictates that since I have chosen to be a firearms owner, me and mine are totally deserving of the misery violent criminals have inflicted on us. I have this mental picture of liberal haters finding our pain amusing, and chortling about the "tough guy gun owner" having to see someone he loves more than his own life broken and emotionally decimated.

For all the touchy feely things that spew from gun control advocates mouths, they are some of the most unfeeling, uncaring people one could hope to come across, and they justify this hatred by professing a hatred for violence. Needless to say, I am less than moved.

Old 11-29-2013, 05:59 PM

57,317 posts, read 26,245,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunlover View Post
Our philosophy is the Constitution. By the way you did not capitalize Constitution.

But then again you live in the northeast.
No, your philosophy is to take the law into your own hands when you don't agree with the democratic system. If you were such a supporter of the constitution you would spend equal time on the first amendment and others, all you care about is any law that impacts your guns.

Old 11-29-2013, 06:12 PM

8,278 posts, read 6,279,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
We should be able to have the same firearms as our police. They are not Military.

What's good enough for the cops to protect themselves is good enough for a gun owner. Below is Boston after the bomber.
Well, because you're missing the point. Gun control isn't about people hating guns, gun control is hating the wrong people having guns.

If you're not a member of Local/Federal or State Law Enforcement, Military, or Military reserve on active duty gun control supporters don't wish you to have any firearms.

Can either side really argue with this observation?

Old 11-29-2013, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
No, your philosophy is to take the law into your own hands when you don't agree with the democratic system. If you were such a supporter of the constitution you would spend equal time on the first amendment and others, all you care about is any law that impacts your guns.
"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so."-Thomas Jefferson.

You are aware that we do not have a democratic system, We have a Constitutional Republic.

"The very purpose of a Bill of Rights was to withdraw certain subjects from the vicissitudes of political controversy, to place them beyond the reach of majorities and officials and to establish them as legal principles to be applied by the courts. One's . . . fundamental rights may not be submitted to vote; they depend on the outcome of no elections."

West Virginia State Bd. of Ed. v. Barnette, 319 U.S. 624, 638 (1943)

We do support the 1st Amendment, and the 4th Amendment, and The 10th Amendment and the other 5 Amendment by the fact that they are all protected via the 2nd Amendment.

Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth.
George Washington

"The Second Amendment is a doomsday provision, one designed for those exceptionally rare circumstances where all other rights have failed -- where the government refuses to stand for re-election and silences those who protest; where courts have lost the courage to oppose, or can find no one to enforce their decrees. However improbable these contingencies may seem today, facing them unprepared is a mistake free people get to make only once."
- Judge Alex Kozinski

Old 11-29-2013, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gungnir View Post
Well, because you're missing the point. Gun control isn't about people hating guns, gun control is hating the wrong people having guns.

If you're not a member of Local/Federal or State Law Enforcement, Military, or Military reserve on active duty gun control supporters don't wish you to have any firearms.

Can either side really argue with this observation?
Nope. it is spot on, they only want agents of the state to be armed. To enforce every edict, rule law, and regulation.

Old 11-29-2013, 06:20 PM

650 posts, read 514,368 times
Free speech and all this stuff includes a given in the use of moderation. So if somebody applies for a gun or a big gun many or whatever, the onus is on the regulating body representing civilization to make sure with serious new testing to determine if the individual is a clear thinking person who use's a moderate approach to problem solving. If the culture changes and shows ill-moderate use of a gun, and too many reckless or other causing tragedies, the application for the ownership should change in a big way. And as far as blanket removal of this or that you would think the exact individual would be reviewed and deemed whatever. But like everything things just add to more and more arguing in the difficult times that have come to be, where everything is a this against that.

Old 11-29-2013, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
Democrat because that what I registered as when I was 18. Campaigned for Carter and had the same rose colored glasses on that a lot of these people on CD do today. But you get older and wiser and see things as they really are.

As far as moving, we plan to as soon as my husband retires - probably won't be for 9/10 yrs tho.
Being young and dumb is not an excuse..I am 23 and have been wise to the statist since I was 13.

How you thought about moving sooner? What does he do? Have you thought about Income independence?

The 4-Hour Workweek: Escape 9-5, Live Anywhere, and Join the New Rich (Expanded and Updated): Timothy Ferriss: 9780307465351: Amazon.com: Books

Old 11-29-2013, 06:59 PM

4,761 posts, read 7,839,732 times
A poster earlier in this thread asked if gun owners have tried to sit down and talk about this issue (not an exact quote, but in the ballpark).

Yes. Gun owners have tried time and time again. The hurdle that is repeatedly faced is that this is an emotional issue for those who wish to impose restrictions on the 2nd Amendment. When someone has made up their mind based on pure emotion, there is no room left for discussion. Feelings are more powerful than facts.

The majority of legal gun owners will never commit a crime with their firearms, however, the lawful owners are the ones who are the targets of feel-good legislation. Yes, it feels good to "do something" about a problem. Unfortunately, the feel-good solution will do absolutely nothing to prevent criminals from carrying out their acts. A criminal, by definition, will not abide by any law passed, no matter how good it may make you feel or how many news outlets celebrate its passage. We have a very vocal group of people in this country who profit on misinformation and outright lies. This is pretty well evident every time the mainstream media does a hit piece on firearms. Honestly, when is the last time you heard a positive spin on anything in the media from any station other than FOX? Rarely, if ever.

Adding onto the above point, the Democrats have pretty well mastered the art of advertising for political gain. They kick the snot out of the Republicans when it comes to that. From rockstar Presidential candidates to "selling" viewers/listeners on an issue, they have it figured out. It's just a shame that they are so good at packaging and selling misinformation to so many people who flat out refuse to do their own homework on not just certain issues, but a great many of them, and in some cases all of them.

Until a large part of the anti-gun crowd stop believing every "fact" or figure thrown at them by some joker wearing a suit and tie in front of a camera, there will be no meaningful debate. Whether you like it or not, the Pro-2A people are by and large the ones coming to the table with facts and history on their side. What is so easily dismissed as fear-mongering and rhetoric is based in history. Pro-2A folks use readily-available FBI statistics. They, WE, are all tired of an attack on our Constitutional rights and you're damn right we are going to stand up and refuse to be bullied by the same group of people who are so adamantly against bullying everywhere else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies