Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2013, 10:48 PM

2,158 posts, read 1,995,111 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CravingMountains View Post
Human beings do have the inalienable right to have as many sex partners as they please.

How in the world would you even go about ending promiscuous sex?
One way to curtail it is to stop bailing people out of the consequences of it. And no, it's not an inalienable right to go out and have a f**k fest. Are you really that obtuse?

Old 11-27-2013, 11:33 PM

30,357 posts, read 51,964,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patton360 View Post
One way to curtail it is to stop bailing people out of the consequences of it. And no, it's not an inalienable right to go out and have a f**k fest. Are you really that obtuse?
Can you show us where (in the Constitution or US laws) it says we CAN'T have as many sexual partners as we choose? I don't recall ever seeing that part, so pretty sure it technically is a right... falls under the "life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness" section, I'd say.

Is that poster being obtuse by stating a fact? Mkay.

Old 11-27-2013, 11:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Can you show us where (in the Constitution or US laws) it says we CAN'T have as many sexual partners as we choose? I don't recall ever seeing that part, so pretty sure it technically is a right... falls under the "life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness" section, I'd say.

Is that poster being obtuse by stating a fact? Mkay.
I guess it's a "right" then for me to masturbate in the streets or barbecue dogs in my backyard too, right? After all, the Constitution (as supreme law of the land) doesn't mention these acts. I don't ever recall seeing them in there, so pretty sure they're technically rights.
You should change your alias to "greater than 90 degrees".

Old 11-27-2013, 11:45 PM

Quote:
I guess it's a "right" then for me to masturbate in the streets or barbecue dogs in my backyard too, right? After all, the Constitution (as supreme law of the land) doesn't mention these acts. I don't ever recall seeing them in there, so pretty sure they're technically rights.
I guess you missed the part where I said "or US LAWS," which when combined with the Constitution, should guide you towards what is a human right. Here, I'll give you a breakdown:

The act of masturbation is legal, while the act of PUBLIC masturbation is illegal. The act of sex is legal, with the only restrictions regarding consent and public vs private; there is no law (AFAIK) against being promiscuous, even if you're married. As for barbecuing your dogs, I'm pretty sure every state has laws against animal cruelty/abuse - and that would most certainly fall under this category.

Got it now?

Quote:
You should change your alias to "greater than 90 degrees".
Speaking of obtuse, you're the one who doesn't understand how laws and rights work. So again I ask, where does it say in our Constitution or US laws that we DON'T have the right to be promiscuous? Until you can answer that, your statement is still false.

(And please don't give me the standard conservative answer "just because it's not illegal, doesn't make it okay" - because that is not relevant to what you're claiming.)

Old 11-27-2013, 11:51 PM

Quote:
I guess you missed the part where I said "or US LAWS," which when combined with the Constitution, should guide you towards what is a human right. Here, I'll give you a breakdown:

The act of masturbation is legal, while the act of PUBLIC masturbation is illegal. The act of sex is legal, with the only restrictions regarding consent and public vs private; there is no law (AFAIK) against being promiscuous, even if you're married. As for barbecuing your dogs, I'm pretty sure every state has laws against animal cruelty/abuse - and that would most certainly fall under this category.

Got it now?

Speaking of obtuse, you're the one who doesn't understand how laws and rights work. So again I ask, where does it say in our Constitution or US laws that we DON'T have the right to be promiscuous? Until you can answer that, your statement is still false.

(And please don't give me the standard conservative answer "just because it's not illegal, doesn't make it okay" - because that is not relevant to what you're claiming.)
Laws are all subject to the Constitution, which is the document that enumerates rights.
Got it now? You guys are coming out of the woodwork.

Last edited by CaseyB; 11-28-2013 at 04:24 AM.. Reason: rude

Old 11-27-2013, 11:56 PM

Quote:
Laws are all subject to the Constitution, which is the document that enumerates rights.
Got it now? Is tonight "idiot night" here on the boards? You guys are coming out of the woodwork.
And yet, you still can't show us where it says we have no right to sleep with multiple partners. Can you? The only idiotic thing is arguing we don't have this right, when I've never in my life heard of a law or anything in the Constitution stating otherwise.

Gotta love arguing with people who can't even follow a simple line of logic, let alone follow the clear TOS of the website... laws and rules are obviously tough concepts for you!

Old 11-27-2013, 11:58 PM

7,308 posts, read 14,697,869 times
It's a poop chute. What do they expect?

Old 11-28-2013, 12:00 AM

Quote:
And yet, you still can't show us where it says we have no right to sleep with multiple partners. Can you? The only idiotic thing is arguing we don't have this right, when I've never in my life heard of a law or anything in the Constitution stating otherwise.

Gotta love arguing with people who can't even follow a simple line of logic, let alone follow the clear TOS of the website... laws and rules are obviously tough concepts for you!

Simply because the Constitution does not mention something does not make it a right.
You're one of these pedants who will strain at a gnat and swallow a Cadillac.

Last edited by CaseyB; 11-28-2013 at 04:26 AM.. Reason: response to deletion

Old 11-28-2013, 12:07 AM

Quote:
Simply because the Constitution does not mention something does not make it a right.
I am legally and Constitutionally allowed to sleep with as many men and/or women as I want, provided they are of age to (and do) give consent. No? So please, for the love of all that is holy, explain how it's not a right?! Last time I'm asking, as you have already proven your comment was BS.

Quote:
You're one of these pedants who will strain at a gnat and swallow a Cadillac.
At least I'm capable of following the site's TOS, and not resorting to insults... guess I win on maturity too, but thanks for playing and have a wonderful evening.

Last edited by CaseyB; 11-28-2013 at 04:27 AM.. Reason: response to deletion

Old 11-28-2013, 12:14 AM

Quote:
The only failure here was your inane posts. Now go pat yourself on the back, tell your friend you "won" on the Internet, and go to sleep.
Yet again failing to prove how Americans don't have the right to be promiscuous... but it's fun asking you over and over, to see how many insults you can sling to avoid admitting you're wrong!

And it's too early for bed, so I can keep this up all night if you want.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies