Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2013, 08:49 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,248,466 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
The Pope is from Argentina.
...and i'm from Arizona.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuselage View Post
Haggis comes from Scotland.
Great meal BTW.
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
What oppression are you talking about? Praying for life of the babies is oppression?
Meh...don't the babies get to go straight to heaven? Surely that's a better fate than being born in Argentina, isn't it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
Stooping the murder of unborn innocents is not oppression.
Again...that 'heaven' thing. Remember that? What's oppressive about that?
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
If one defines oppression as withholding the right to kill anyone who is a huge inconvenience to you in your life then ... my wife should be allowed to shoot President Obama and you just need to accept her right to do it without consequence. Obama is proving to be a rather massive inconvenience in her life and mine. Fair's fair, right?
You REALLY should be careful about what you post online. That NSA thingy...know what i mean?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider275452 View Post
You also have the right not to belong to the catholic church.
Simple, right?

Why don't people ever wanna take up that suggestion instead?

Quote:
Originally Posted by btsilver View Post
boobies. That is all.
Yes.

Old 12-04-2013, 09:07 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,885,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
Right.
Only those women who you deem attractive enough should have access to birth control.
thats not the point the poster was trying to make.

Quote:
Then lock pregnant women up and force them to live under constant supervision. Whether you like it or not, a pregnant woman is pregnant with her body, not yours, not mine. She is the host, not you, not the church.

The termination of a pregnancy is a medical decision. Since it's her body, it's her medical decision. You can disapprove of it all you want, but that you cannot deny this simple fact.

I don't know about you, by in my world, I am the one who makes decisions about my medical procedures, not government. It's rather strange that you want some anonymous government agency to tell people what they can and can not do. I can tell you that I, too, would fight tooth and nail if government or somebody else wants to step in and tell me what medical procedures I can and cannot get. It's none of their business.

In a way, it's akin to making suicide illegal. That has never stopped anyone who finds himself/herself in such a sad position.

Having lived in Latin America for about a decade and in a country with Catholicism being the official state religion and abortion being illegal, I have learned a few things:

One is that such laws only affect two groups: The poor and the uneducated. Everyone else who wants an abortion buys a plane ticket and get's the medical service they want in a country that allows it. Welcome to the global market.

The poor and uneducated tend to find a way to do it themselves - with the often dreaded outcome and serious medical repercussions.

In other words, such laws force those who are already at a distinct disadvantage even more into poverty.

For better or worse, modern medicine has made lots of advances in many areas and you will have a tough time turning back the hands of time. People who want an abortion will find a way to have one.
how about we get back to some old fashioned morality, instead of having sex with anyone at anytime, lets put it back with in a committed relationship where it is supposed to be. i realize that sex is fun, but it also leads to procreation, and thus carries certain responsibilities with it. we have to look past the pleasurable recreation and remember that responsibility that comes with the pleasure.

Old 12-04-2013, 09:18 AM

2,083 posts, read 1,622,537 times
Quote:
The termination of a pregnancy is a medical decision. Since it's her body, it's her medical decision. You can disapprove of it all you want, but that you cannot deny this simple fact.
But abortion is not just about her body. There is another person in this debate, the unborn, who is a separate individual with just as much right to life as anyone else.

Old 12-04-2013, 09:25 AM

3,091 posts, read 3,971,126 times
How embarrassing to be you right now.

[quote=desertdetroiter;32479658]

Meh...don't the babies get to go straight to heaven? Surely that's a better fate than being born in Argentina, isn't it?

Again...that 'heaven' thing. Remember that? What's oppressive about that?

Old 12-04-2013, 09:26 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,231,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vejadu View Post
But abortion is not just about her body. There is another person in this debate, the unborn, who is a separate individual with just as much right to life as anyone else.
No one has the right to use another persons body to keep them alive. Can I hook up to your kidneys to filter my bodily waste? No? Then why should I have to use my kidneys to filter the waste of another?

Old 12-04-2013, 09:28 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,742,174 times
Reminds me of the old scifi movies:

Purple Amazon Women from Venus Attack!!!

FYI Catholic Church doesn't force anyone to do ANYTHING any more.

It's all voluntary.

Old 12-04-2013, 09:30 AM

12,687 posts, read 6,747,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
You REALLY should be careful about what you post online. That NSA thingy...know what i mean?
Simple, right?
Um ... sure. Nice non-answer. The point is simple. You either have a right to kill anyone or anything that is a major inconvenience in your life or you do not. If you favor the right to exterminate the life because it is inconvenient, then be consistent. You don't get to pick and choose which inconvenient lives can be legally terminated or you're just being a hypocrite.

It's funny. Liberals tend to view themselves as the party of love, peace, non-violence and standing up for the rights of others. Pretty ironic considering that Liberals are quite happy to defend outright assault in this case and so many others -- as long as the violence is being done in favor of their own ideology.

Old 12-04-2013, 09:32 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,885,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
No one has the right to use another persons body to keep them alive. Can I hook up to your kidneys to filter my bodily waste? No? Then why should I have to use my kidneys to filter the waste of another?
its called procreation, if you dont want to do it, then have your ovaries cutout and then you dont have to worry about it.

Old 12-04-2013, 09:44 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,231,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
its called procreation, if you dont want to do it, then have your ovaries cutout and then you dont have to worry about it.
Consent to sex is not consent to pregnancy.

Old 12-04-2013, 09:47 AM

7,359 posts, read 5,469,809 times
Quote:
Or, alternatively, the men in this picture could simply respect the women and THEIR bodies... But no.
The men were simply standing outside the church to protect it from vandalism. There were doing nothing to the women who attacked them.
Quote:
So, who bears more blame? Those who try to oppress others or those who rise up against oppression?
The women bear 100% of the blame. The individuals they attacked had done nothing to them. What those women did was sexual assault and a hate crime.

You don't get to physically attack someone who is simply standing on the sidewalk outside a church because you're angry with that church's policies. Sorry, but civilized behavior doesn't work like that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies