Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2013, 12:02 PM

9,982 posts, read 13,762,061 times

Advertisements

Funny, I remember W giving plenty of interview and press conferences with hand-picked audiences. When he came here to Oregon, the secret service even abused some protesters and denied them freedom of speech, and the case is currently heading to the Supreme Court.

Supreme Court Considers Speech Rights of Anti-Bush Protesters - Law Blog - WSJ

A softball interview is hardly new news, nor the worst ever...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2013, 12:35 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,734,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1
Sweet Jesus. Is there anything this President can do that would not send you people into a fit of rage?

Ugh. So sick of your incessant whining. It's why I rarely come on here anymore; it has reached the point of utter ridiculousness.
Sweet Jesus, imagine that, people who are sick of beggars and thieves. How dare they express it, don't you know that is their lord and savior President Barack Obama

Old 12-06-2013, 12:50 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,123,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Sweet Jesus. Is there anything this President can do that would not send you people into a fit of rage?

Ugh. So sick of your incessant whining. It's why I rarely come on here anymore; it has reached the point of utter ridiculousness.
I think you probably quit coming around here because it's increasingly difficult to defend BO while maintaining a straight face and a bit of dignity.

Old 12-06-2013, 01:09 PM

3,406 posts, read 3,450,301 times
I can care less that obama had a love fest with mathews. I do feel bad for those little girls. Couldnt mathews done this interview in the white house or is it still closed down to visitors? Dont we pay for some room there to be used for a event like this?

Old 12-06-2013, 01:28 PM

3,841 posts, read 3,066,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emcee squared View Post
These ***** threads are getting way too predictable. You guys really need some new material.

We all know that anything Obama does will lead to cristism, mostly unjustified, so give it a break. Go dig up a scandal, those really liven up discussion around here.
It only takes a teaspoon to dig up an Obama scandal.

Old 12-06-2013, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0618 View Post
I can care less that obama had a love fest with mathews. I do feel bad for those little girls. Couldnt mathews done this interview in the white house or is it still closed down to visitors? Dont we pay for some room there to be used for a event like this?
There are hundreds of facilities in DC in which a crowd of a couple hundred can be accommodated. Part of the blame goes to Obama for the canceled chilrens program, though. Why? Because Obama repeatedly declined to give Matthew's/MSNBC an interview until the disastrous healthcare rollout killed his approval ratings with young adults. Once that occurred, the White House called Matthews and offered an interview conditioned on the location being a college campus with college students in attendance.

That narrows down the options in DC, although there are other universities here in DC that probably didn't have a conflict with a children's program.

BO and Matthews share the blame.

Old 12-06-2013, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
In my life time, the worst president is a toss up between Nixon and Carter. Nixon because he lied repeatedly to the people and forever changed my naive belief in the office of the president. Carter because I graduated in the middle of the 10.2% unemployment. I had to start my career at a lower level entry position than I would have had it not been a deep recession.
Nixon just happend to be the icebreaker. There have been far worse actions in the White House since Nixon. He may have been the first major screw up, but his screw ups pale in comparison to today. Keep it in perspective.

Old 12-06-2013, 02:19 PM

2,154 posts, read 4,425,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cj0065 View Post
What a productive discussion. NOT. *Whine whine whine* is all you people do. Are you mad because Chris actually let the president talk and not interrupt him every word. That's what you would have liked right? Why did you even watch? You had no intention of trying remain unbiased. You just cover your eyes and ears and go listen to what faux news says and repeat it on here like a drone.
Did you notice that Obama bashed the GOP at every chance he got? A POTUS HE should be trying to bring both parties together, not widening the gap by blaming only one party for the mess this country is in. As a libertarian, I am fed up with BOTH the Dems and Reps BS.

Old 12-06-2013, 02:34 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 28 days ago)

27,647 posts, read 16,133,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cj0065 View Post
Name a president who hasn't? I bet you have lied. And don't say "He is the president he has a responsibility blah blah blah blah"

Everyone has a responsibility to tell the truth. The truth is if you believe everything you hear in politics from either side then you are not very smart. Like the people you so wholly follow at faux news. I guess you believe they are completely honest saints who are unbiased and fair. And the republicans in congress. HAHAHAHAHA sit down please.
Stupid post of the day. He's the sitting potus, he's got it coming. He has lost credibility(if he ever had it). He has no integrity.

Last edited by CaseyB; 12-06-2013 at 03:06 PM.. Reason: rude

Old 12-06-2013, 03:07 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,734,548 times
We all know there are problems with the Obamacare law. I wonder how it can be fixed if Democrats refuse to admit they are wrong about anything.

Oh and saying that it will help the majority of Americans?

Welcome to Airways 123, this is your flight attendant, thank you for flying with us. 80% of you will arrive safely.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies