Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2013, 04:04 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,193,867 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
They don't want to have to tip because that would be digging into THEIR wallets.
Do you tip whenever you interact with someone in a tip based industry? I know I always tip and often times tip well above 15%.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2013, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
According to your graph the labor participation rate took a dive after 2008. And that is the fault of the GOP? Who know that Pres. Obama is secretly a Republican? Learn something new every day.
I wonder what was going on in 2008 that lead to such a drop in 2009
Maybe you could refresh my memory with what was going on during Bush's last year.

Old 12-10-2013, 04:28 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,366,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
I wonder what was going on in 2008 that lead to such a drop in 2009
Maybe you could refresh my memory with what was going on during Bush's last year.

Seriously? still with the Bush's fault? THe LFP rate was fairly stable for most of the Bush years, and took a dive after he left. No doubt Bush's economic policies were poor, but Obama's were even worse.

Bureau of Labor Statistics Data

The graph tells the tale.

Old 12-10-2013, 04:28 PM

23,861 posts, read 24,119,613 times
</lurk>

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Most of the RWNJ's posting on this forum are not rich themselves so it is only the poor they can feel superior to; and fast food workers as well.
Whether or not I feel superior to someone has nothing to do with how much money they or I have. I've known rich people that were complete wastes of skin, and there are poor people that have awed me.

I guess we know from your statement above how you measure value and superiority, though...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Of course the conservatives on this forum know far more than the Supreme Court. They are ALL constitutional scholars.
So you're completely cool with the Citizens United decision, right? No disagreement about "corporate personhood" from you, right?

<lurk>

Old 12-10-2013, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
As for the minimum wage workers in the US, these days, most of them aren't teens working to get some movie and pizza money...more of them are adults in families, so the focus isn't about youth employment or unemployment.
Uhhh.... WRONG.

50% of minimum wage jobs are held by workers 16-25 years old. Only 3% - that's right, 3% - of workers above 25 years old are earning minimum wage or less.

Characteristics of Minimum Wage Workers: 2011

It's best to get your facts straight before saying stupid things like that.

Old 12-10-2013, 04:40 PM

Quote:
If you business can't handle paying some minimum wage employees then there is something wrong with your business.
...says the guy or girl that's obviously never run one...

Old 12-10-2013, 04:47 PM

Quote:
If a small increase is too much for a business then they are doing something wrong.
Or they were just getting by in a terrible economy that has been further worsened by a Democrat president that had all the political capital he needed and both houses of congress in his pocket to get anything done that he wanted, and instead of focusing on the economy as he should have, he spent every ounce of that political capital on a health insurance law...

So when he's forced to close his doors because the idiots in DC raise the minimum wage in a crappy economy, who wins? The business owner? His employees that were content with the wages they had but are now unemployed? You, because you get to have a warm fuzzy feeling now that the people who were lucky enough to not get laid off are making a "living wage"?

Old 12-10-2013, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
Seriously? still with the Bush's fault? THe LFP rate was fairly stable for most of the Bush years, and took a dive after he left. No doubt Bush's economic policies were poor, but Obama's were even worse.

You can pretend Bush had nothing to do with the economic crash, but it happened on his watch. Obama came in while we were bleeding jobs in this country.

Old 12-10-2013, 05:39 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,366,997 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz

You can pretend Bush had nothing to do with the economic crash, but it happened on his watch. Obama came in while we were bleeding jobs in this country.

I repost my quote just to show how far off base you are. Note in particular "Bush's economic policies were poor." Then juxtapose that with your response: "You can pretend Bush had nothing to do with the economic crash."

Old 12-10-2013, 08:59 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,014,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
Uhhh.... WRONG.

50% of minimum wage jobs are held by workers 16-25 years old. Only 3% - that's right, 3% - of workers above 25 years old are earning minimum wage or less.

Characteristics of Minimum Wage Workers: 2011

It's best to get your facts straight before saying stupid things like that.
Interesting how the libs ran away after you posted that. Facts are hard things for them to deal with. Liberals are just plain lost. Sad thing is they don't care. They will run off and scream about another issue with more lies and BS. Just mind boggling how dumb some folks are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies