Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-09-2013, 07:18 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,193,867 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
No it's about liberals whining about how employers should be forced to pay folks what they aren't worth. It's about liberals trying to spend other peoples money like always. That is all you folks do.
How much are minimum wage employees worth seeing you sound like you don't think they are worth $7.25 federal minimum wage? Also, no one is forcing employers to employ people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
A tip is a donation. You don't have to pay it.
That is correct, is a donation for a service that is preformed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2013, 07:25 PM

1,696 posts, read 1,715,330 times
My favorite comment from one of the conservatives so far has been 'Europeans don't tip' (paraphrase)...uh, that would be because the waiters are unionized and get paid a living wage. They don't need tips.

I tip because I know that waitstaff get taxed on their presumed tips, whether they get them or not. Therefore, I don't want to cost the servers money by eating at their table without tipping. If there's a service issue, I talk to the manager...but I still tip.

Old 12-09-2013, 07:27 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,014,226 times
Employees are worth what the owner of the business feels they are worth. That is the beauty of America......you can get fired...............or you can quit and go get a better job. You liberals think somebody should just be paid to be there for some reason. Hey go strike. I'd fire em all and hire some hard chargers.

Old 12-09-2013, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fancy-Schmancy View Post
My favorite comment from one of the conservatives so far has been 'Europeans don't tip' (paraphrase)...uh, that would be because the waiters are unionized and get paid a living wage. They don't need tips.

I tip because I know that waitstaff get taxed on their presumed tips, whether they get them or not. Therefore, I don't want to cost the servers money by eating at their table without tipping. If there's a service issue, I talk to the manager...but I still tip.
Most people who have never had a server job in this country don't know this fact and when told about it choose to ignore this important fact. They also seem to ignore that many servers get paid below minimum wage now.

Old 12-09-2013, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Employees are worth what the owner of the business feels they are worth. That is the beauty of America......you can get fired...............or you can quit and go get a better job. You liberals think somebody should just be paid to be there for some reason. Hey go strike. I'd fire em all and hire some hard chargers.
Nice try at deflecting, lets say you bought yourself a fast food restaurant and you need to staff it and there is no minimum wage, how much would you pay those workers working the cash register and cooking?

Old 12-09-2013, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fancy-Schmancy View Post

LOL. Yeah whether they get them or not. Guess what most places pool the tips and spread em out. You folks are so far gone you don't even have any idea what your talking about. It's unreal listening to your nonsense. Waaaaaaaaaaa I don't want to cost the servers money.............they care less. The guy at the next table tips twice as much they are all good. Can you even realize that? You get "tipped" for quality service. You do it well and are nice and take care of the CUSTOMER you will get a tip from everybody. Actually most liberals cry and moan more and don't leave any tip.

Old 12-09-2013, 07:37 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,469,142 times
Quote:

So there is no objective measure of what an employee is worth...brilliant!

Old 12-09-2013, 07:39 PM

Quote:
LOL. Yeah whether they get them or not. Guess what most places pool the tips and spread em out. You folks are so far gone you don't even have any idea what your talking about. It's unreal listening to your nonsense. Waaaaaaaaaaa I don't want to cost the servers money.............they care less. The guy at the next table tips twice as much they are all good. Can you even realize that? You get "tipped" for quality service. You do it well and are nice and take care of the CUSTOMER you will get a tip from everybody. Actually most liberals cry and moan more and don't leave any tip.
That is untrue, most servers keep what they make in tips, very rarely do servers do a pool system. And your last statement is nothing more than a hollow assumption, how do we not know you are just crying and moaning and then never tip when you go out to eat?

Also, you are aware servers in many states get paid below minimum wage?

Old 12-09-2013, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Nice try at deflecting, lets say you bought yourself a fast food restaurant and you need to staff it and there is no minimum wage, how much would you pay those workers working the cash register and cooking?
Good question. I would pay em around ten bucks an hour probably because I would want folks to stay around. I would pay my asst mngr and mngr more of course to run the shop. Should I pay more? I mean the newbies would be paid min wage until they made it through the 90 day show up or not period. What would you pay em lifer? I mean this is a fantasy fast food chain and you are the owner. You pay em what hundred bucks an hour?

Old 12-09-2013, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Good question. I would pay em around ten bucks an hour probably because I would want folks to stay around. I would pay my asst mngr and mngr more of course to run the shop. Should I pay more? I mean the newbies would be paid min wage until they made it through the 90 day show up or not period. What would you pay em lifer? I mean this is a fantasy fast food chain and you are the owner. You pay em what hundred bucks an hour?
There is no minimum wage, so what would your minimum wage be?

I would pay about $10-15 an hour with benefits and offer a college grant program for employees that choose to use it. Therefore I would have no issue with minimum wage being set at $10.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies