Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-09-2013, 06:45 PM

8,653 posts, read 6,136,760 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Liberals trying to change the subject. Who would have ever thought that??
What liberal are you talking about?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2013, 06:49 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,017,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Being someone who has worked in the service industry, I always tip, even with poor service because I understand the fact that they survive off their tips and I understand what it means to have a bad day within the service industry and how a nice tip can sometimes change a day for them. I don't know if they just had three tables stiff them even though they gave great service.

Though the better the service, the more I tip. But that is just how I do it because I have worked within that industry and I understand what they are dealing with.
Oh yes the great liberal who always tip. LOL. You folks take the cake. You also think that I and others never worked before in a restaurant or fast food place because we are all rich an evil. Well I did both.............I'm sure to your shock...........and I still don't think folks should get paid what they are crying for. Sorry. Yes like I said I tip good when I get good service. If not then they aren't doing their job and surely don't need fifteen bucks an hour to dump fries.

Old 12-09-2013, 06:50 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,198,674 times
Quote:
Liberals trying to change the subject. Who would have ever thought that??
Who's changing the subject, this article is about something Joe Barton said....though I do agree trying to compare minimum wage to donations is a tactic with trying to change the subject with something that isn't the same thing.

Old 12-09-2013, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
What liberal are you talking about?
Lifer.........pay attention instead of jumping in to a thread squealing.

Old 12-09-2013, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Oh yes the great liberal who always tip. LOL. You folks take the cake. You also think that I and others never worked before in a restaurant or fast food place because we are all rich an evil. Well I did both.............I'm sure to your shock...........and I still don't think folks should get paid what they are crying for. Sorry. Yes like I said I tip good when I get good service. If not then they aren't doing their job and surely don't need fifteen bucks an hour to dump fries.
Fail, did I say you never worked in the restaurant or fast food industry or any other tip based job? No, I said I did, therefore I am going off my personal experience. You are welcome to talk about your own personal experience if you like.

Old 12-09-2013, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Lifer.........pay attention instead of jumping in to a thread squealing.
Take your meds, that member isn't me or are you just getting confused again? Maybe it is time for grampa to take a walk outside and get some fresh air.

Old 12-09-2013, 06:53 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,384,355 times
Quote:
$15 is a interesting number. The highest minimum wage adjusted for inflation was $10.24 or so. BUT the other number often discussed is that is minimum wage had followed productivity like it had until 1968, that ti would be over $22.

Do I think $7.25 is a fair minimum wage? Not really. I could see $10, maybe even $12, but $15 seems too high. Then again.....why shouldn't they get some of the productivity of their wages like before? And that would argue for $22. Hmmm.

So I'm thinking $15 isn't insane. But...I dunno...it FEELS too high, even if logic says it is reasonable.

Old 12-09-2013, 06:56 PM

Lifer your "experience" is not the rest of society. Take a check and realize that many of the evil rich folks you see everyday in you eyes had to work. Yes some were handed the spoon. Most weren't. They went and earned it. You want to take it away from em and hand it out for some strange reason. Why is that? Why do you want to steal money from folks who have worked and earned it? That is a simple question.

Old 12-09-2013, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Take your meds, that member isn't me or are you just getting confused again? Maybe it is time for grampa to take a walk outside and get some fresh air.
I answered the question. Back up and read it again. Insults are not going to get you anywhere with me. I ignore them and show you how juvenile you are if you keep up you should know that.

Old 12-09-2013, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
$15 is a interesting number. The highest minimum wage adjusted for inflation was $10.24 or so. BUT the other number often discussed is that is minimum wage had followed productivity like it had until 1968, that ti would be over $22.

Do I think $7.25 is a fair minimum wage? Not really. I could see $10, maybe even $12, but $15 seems too high. Then again.....why shouldn't they get some of the productivity of their wages like before? And that would argue for $22. Hmmm.

So I'm thinking $15 isn't insane. But...I dunno...it FEELS too high, even if logic says it is reasonable.
We are living in a world of the DOW being pumped, the banks raping the country........on and on. Hey raise it. I'm not paying ten bucks for a big mac combo. I don't think many others will. We shall see I guess as liberals are running the show. Funny how when liberals run the show everything costs more across the board. I wonder why that is?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies