Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-08-2013, 05:12 PM

9,470 posts, read 6,983,753 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
The choice doesn't belong to ME, the choice belongs to US.
How does it belong to ANYONE but me and the person I choose to trade with? Come on. I've asked you WHY several times and you seem unable to explain it.

Quote:
Clearly you don't understand that. If you had a business, you could pay an employee whatever you want as long as it is above the minimum wage that WE have agreed on.
Who is "we"? You are not any part of any freely made trade between me and someone else. Again, explain YOUR authority to insert yourself into this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2013, 05:14 PM

Quote:
They can, as long as it is at or above the minimum wage.
The question you responded to was:

Quote:
Why?

You still can't explain why. Why is it YOUR business to tell someone they can't freely trade time and money?
Again, WHY is it your business, or that of any government?

Why? Tell me why. Explain your authority to demand to impose YOUR wishes on me.

Old 12-08-2013, 05:59 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,256,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwmdk View Post
How does it belong to ANYONE but me and the person I choose to trade with? Come on. I've asked you WHY several times and you seem unable to explain it.

Who is "we"? You are not any part of any freely made trade between me and someone else. Again, explain YOUR authority to insert yourself into this.
WE is this country we are a part of and the rules we have decided there should be for wages. You act like you have never heard of minimum wage nor understand the purpose behind it....or you are just being obtuse.

Anyone who runs a business is free to trade between the employer and employee based on the rules of doing business within this country.

Old 12-08-2013, 07:19 PM

Quote:
WE is this country we are a part of and the rules we have decided there should be for wages. You act like you have never heard of minimum wage nor understand the purpose behind it....or you are just being obtuse.
How did it become any of YOUR business? Or anyone's business but mine and the person I want to trade with? Explain it. I'm tired of "because it is" responses you're peddling. I want to know the justification. After all, if it's so important that you have to violate my free will, I deserve not just an explanation, but one so incredibly convincing that I'll give up my will. So, TELL ME.

Quote:
Anyone who runs a business is free to trade between the employer and employee based on the rules of doing business within this country.
Why? Why do you have a right to impose your wishes, will, or make up stupid rules that I am forced to follow?

Come on, explain it. What's the justification for taking away my ability run my own life?

Old 12-08-2013, 07:24 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,522,967 times
Quote:
So, your defense of the minimum wage law is that it reduces housing prices.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/None minimum wge _sequitur_(logic)

The minimum wage does not reduce housing prices. it increases housing prices. Increases in minimum wage are largely captured by landlords who increase rents.

Old 12-08-2013, 07:27 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,522,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
Yes! Government should not tell anyone what wages to pay.

Why should government tell a developer how many apartments they can build?

Old 12-08-2013, 07:45 PM

Quote:
How did it become any of YOUR business? Or anyone's business but mine and the person I want to trade with? Explain it. I'm tired of "because it is" responses you're peddling. I want to know the justification. After all, if it's so important that you have to violate my free will, I deserve not just an explanation, but one so incredibly convincing that I'll give up my will. So, TELL ME.

Why? Why do you have a right to impose your wishes, will, or make up stupid rules that I am forced to follow?

Come on, explain it. What's the justification for taking away my ability run my own life?
Since when did I become the Federal Government? There are rules to do business in the United States, don't like it, don't do business in this country.

Also, no one is violating free will with minimum wage, though it seems like you feel the need to be able to pay people pennies a day to be legal for some reason.

I can't tell you something you have no interest in listening to.

Old 12-08-2013, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
The minimum wage does not reduce housing prices. it increases housing prices. Increases in minimum wage are largely captured by landlords who increase rents.
Minimum wage doesn't increase housing prices, nor does it reduce them. Minimum wage isn't even tied to housing prices.

Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
Why should government tell a developer how many apartments they can build?
The government doesn't tell developers how many apartments they can build, the market and speculation of the market tells developers how many apartments they can build.

Old 12-08-2013, 07:53 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,047,521 times
Quote:
Since when did I become the Federal Government? There are rules to do business in the United States, don't like it, don't do business in this country.

Also, no one is violating free will with minimum wage, though it seems like you feel the need to be able to pay people pennies a day to be legal for some reason.

I can't tell you something you have no interest in listening to.
You got owned once again lifer and just plow on though like a good liberal. You can't answer the questions posed and go off on some rant about paying folks pennies. Grow up.

Old 12-08-2013, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
You got owned once again lifer and just plow on though like a good liberal. You can't answer the questions posed and go off on some rant about paying folks pennies. Grow up.
False, it isn't my fault that you and the poster I was talking to can't understand the meaning for rules to do business in this country.

Also, this whole notion to get government out of regulating a minimum wage insists that you want businesses to be able to pay people less than minimum wage, not more because if you want people to pay more, then minimum wage isn't important to that factor.

The only ones getting schooled are slow minded conservatives.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies