Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-09-2013, 08:44 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,003,124 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Sigh. OK you DO like to foam at the mouth.

Tip pooling adds complexity, and isn't even legal in all states. Additionally recent legal actions have made it even more problematic. That being said, its not uncommon. I dont have the percentages, and it probably varies by state, local laws, and lawsuits. It IS illegal almost everywhere to force a employee to participate.

but KUchief is probably correct that as of today its fairly common. might just be that in your area however it is illegal, or more complex then in KUchiefs.
Well you best call 911 like a good liberal and turn in all the servers. LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2013, 08:49 PM

2,490 posts, read 2,545,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
I once delivered a pizza (12" small, pepperoni) to a Republican state senator (who later became governor), his wife (who was a state rep) answered the door (all the way at the end of our delivery area) and gave me a check for the exact amount ($4.25) and no tip. And I delivered a pizza to a Democrat state rep, his wife answered the door and gave me a tip of something like 40 cents (gave me bills and said keep the change).

In my experience, lawyers were the stingiest customers, with politicians right behind them.

Delivering pizzas is a fairly dangerous job and most of the customers never even consider tipping, They go to a restaurant and tip, but when they're too lazy to go out, and prefer to stay home in their underwear and call for a pizza, the driver has to navigate the ice and drunks on the road but no tip. What's up with that?
Hasn't it been obvious by this thread alone that rich people don't wanna let no money go.

Old 12-09-2013, 08:51 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,368,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Well you best call 911 like a good liberal and turn in all the servers. LOL
Sigh. yup thats rational discusion alright. Let me be more specific then. Its illegal in any workplace in which you are paying less then the std minimum wage that is supplemented by tips. if you pay minimum wage you CAN force it.

And yes im going to call 911 over a employment dispute....yupp...thats the sort of thing i am coming to expect from you.

Sooo...since you seem to be just full of hatred and derp. I'm adding you to my ignore list. You add nothing to any conversation I have seen so far, and spend the majority of your time with one line insults.

City-Data offers a useful feature, an "ignore list". If you don't want have show up on your screen a certain user's postings, you can easily add their name to your list. It is useful when there is a troll that keeps popping up, or to block someone that has a different level of politeness than what you want to be reading, etc.

Go to "My settings" on the far left of the blue bar at the top of the screen.
Go to "Edit ignore list".
Add the username of the person who's postings you don't want to appear on your screen.

When you log on, the ignore feature is activated. If you have not logged on, then all postings will show.

Old 12-09-2013, 08:52 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,176,592 times
Quote:
You make no sense like usual lifer. I'm not deflecting anything just speaking from life. Something you will have to go and check on your liberal websites before you get back. That is the problem with you libs. Most of you are ok folks you just lap up the BS you are fed. Hell my neighbors are all libs but we get along great. They aren't MSNBC loons. We throw stuff at each other once in a while but all is well. We had dinner last night and I said Mandela was a commie and my lib neighbor just laughed. See how that works?? Instead of attacking folks get to know em then attack em and laugh. You want to pay some clown stoner fiftenn bucks an hour then YOU hire em don't make others do it to make you feel good.
your "experience" is not the rest of society.
-KUchief25

Maybe you should listen to your own advice, your limited experience in the hospitality industry isn't a reflection of everything in the hospitality industry.

Old 12-09-2013, 08:53 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,737,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattee01 View Post
Hasn't it been obvious by this thread alone that rich people don't wanna let no money go.
Actually, all people don't want to let money go.

Old 12-09-2013, 08:55 PM

Hey another liberal who loses and puts me on ignore. What a shock. The funny thing is YOU are the one trying to put me on ignore. YOu expect em to do it for you. I'm not the government. You will have to do the hard work yourself hero. LOL

Old 12-09-2013, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
your "experience" is not the rest of society.
-KUchief25

Maybe you should listen to your own advice, your limited experience in the hospitality industry isn't a reflection of everything in the hospitality industry.
Yet you think yours is? Why is that? Some sort of liberal thing where you know everything? Just wondering?

Old 12-09-2013, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
Actually, all people don't want to let money go.
LOL. Yeah who hands money away?? I guess the government does. Other that that most want to take care of theirs.

Old 12-09-2013, 09:01 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,176,592 times
Quote:
Yet you think yours is? Why is that? Some sort of liberal thing where you know everything? Just wondering?
Actually you are wrong again, I think some do pool their tips, I do not think all of them pool their tips and the majority keep the tips that they make.

Old 12-09-2013, 09:26 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,617,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Actually you are wrong again, I think some do pool their tips, I do not think all of them pool their tips and the majority keep the tips that they make.
Is this like the dancers spitting tips with the bartender?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies