Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-09-2013, 01:52 PM

14,292 posts, read 9,685,403 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinbrookNine View Post
I can definitely see McD's establishments as nothing more than a giant ATM - very soon.

The technology IS there.

Bottom line: They gotta sell hamburgers.

Walked into a Mickie D's yesterday, looked the place over, watched the goings on, and thought "This is Fred Flintstone!"
Then there are other fast food burger chains, where they not only have real live people as cashiers, but hand you a number that you stand up on your table, and they bring your food out to your table when it's ready.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2013, 01:52 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,021,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Nah they wont need high walls, just good automated gun turrets, walls just need to be high enough to not have the unsightly bodies show.

Go read the citicorp plutonomy papers. It makes it very clear that yes Citicorp sees this as a very possible future, with the major concerns that the poors will use the power of the vote to change it. Growing ability to relocate internationally makes the rich a bit safer. Eventually they will all live in their own country basically, and manipulate the world from there. With a massive concentration of wealth.

Our best hope is that at some point someone gets sick of it, and uses a nuke on them.
What country would that be? And if they are evil and rich how would they let somebody else control nukes who could kill them all? Do you see how your post makes absolutely no sense at all? Probably not. Carry on........

Old 12-09-2013, 02:00 PM

5,663 posts, read 5,092,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Our best hope is that at some point someone gets sick of it, and uses a nuke on them.
But then what would you do without OPM? Depend on unicorns and leprechauns?

Old 12-09-2013, 02:03 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,759,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin_Hard View Post
Yeah, compared to those germ-free coins and bills you get as change, right?
You still get them in addition to that, don't you?

Old 12-09-2013, 02:06 PM

41,479 posts, read 59,811,485 times
No wonder, in addition to the toxic food, I never go to a McD's.

Old 12-09-2013, 02:11 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,759,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Clothes stinking.......feet hurting? What on earth are you blathering about?

Nothing unfair making fifteen bucks an hour if that is what your worth is. A fry dumper is not worth that. If you think so then YOU pay their salary. Start your own restaurant and pay a fry dumper fifteen. Don't make others do what YOU think is right with THEIR money. Use your own money hero. Go get er done. I bet you'd have folks lined up applying outside you burger joint to apply. You could be a hero to the liberals...........but you would go out of business real fast.
I guess people would appreciate all those people doing menial jobs if everyone earning under 15 dollars an hour decided to go on strike for a week.

And compared to what others make an hour, 15 dollars is not much.
I never believed in that 'that's all you're worth' attitude.

Old 12-09-2013, 02:11 PM

5,821 posts, read 5,306,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcopolo View Post
`
OMG! You are so right!

Let's outlaw earthmoving equipment so men can have jobs using shovels. Eureka! I just figured out something better! Let them use teaspoons instead of shovels! Jobs galore, we will all be rich.

/sarcasm. You are a Luddite. Every time we figure out how to do anything cheaper and better, we are richer as a society.
Unless of course, it's your job eliminated.

Old 12-09-2013, 02:12 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,388,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
What country would that be? And if they are evil and rich how would they let somebody else control nukes who could kill them all? Do you see how your post makes absolutely no sense at all? Probably not. Carry on........
Sigh. Let me explain then.

There are several possibilities, one of which is a massive offshore luxery ship being created thats for the ultra rich.

But more likely, the bahamas is seen as a practical place for many currently. Bahrain may also be a future spot as they run out of oil money. Lots of possibilities. The fact is however is that its never been easier to move wealth then before, and this is not by accident. In fact people often use the comment of "raise the taxes and they will just move!". Do you disagree?

And control of nuclear weapons is an example, as technology improves theres tons of different options, Fast acting viral that due to its speed spreads locally and burns out, or that requires specific combinations of environmental factors local to the site. Nanotech is still in its early stages, but has some horrific options. Nuclear weapons are owned by several countries that have little outside influence (North Korea is an example), and as technology advances nuclear weapons will be less difficult to manufacture. Dropping rocks from orbit is coming into reach for some. LOTs of choices. I picked one.

Your response is about as logical as saying "why would any country let another have nuclear weapons!" The answer is-because despite the power of countries with nuclear weapons they still cant prevent others from getting them no matter how hard they try. Yes they can prevent a LOT of them...but not all of them.

Old 12-09-2013, 02:23 PM

5,663 posts, read 5,092,159 times
Quote:
Yeah, compared to those germ-free coins and bills you get as change, right?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
You still get them in addition to that, don't you?
I believe the kiosks take only credit/debit cards. No cash involved.

Old 12-09-2013, 02:49 PM

8,653 posts, read 6,137,755 times
Quote:
I can't wait to see such technology deployed here! Plus voice synthesizers can speak better English than most McJob cashiers and your order will have a much better chance of being taken accurately. The kiosks will not call off, not threaten strikes and will not try to support multiple children on a fast food salary.

If they can automate preparation and delivery of the product, even better.

The question is whether the current White House regime will try to claim a job created for every kiosk installed.

McDonald's orders 7,000 touchscreen kiosks to replace cashiers - Neowin
Most fast food workers are entry level young adults.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies