Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-19-2013, 05:07 PM

18,865 posts, read 8,512,683 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
wow, a kid starting out can afford $500 a month. I guess the kids aren't doing so bad then.
We be very proud indeed!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2013, 05:29 PM

41,109 posts, read 25,786,851 times
Ok something strange is going on. I got the letter that told me that my insurance was being terminated Dec 31, 2014 because of Obamacare. As long as I paid my insurance premiums on time which I have been doing. I just opened a bill from my insurance company and it is billing me for $48.25 when my bill is $535.50. Now why would they bill me only $48.25. I will be calling them with my letter in hand tomorrow.

Old 12-19-2013, 05:30 PM

11,185 posts, read 6,521,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoonose View Post
My daughter who could not even obtain CA insurance due to pre-existing conditions signed up on the website very quickly and easily a few days ago. Although her rates are not cheap, at least she was able to get coverage. She is paying in the $500/mo range but with very low deductibles.
She and others with pre-existing conditions better be helped by Ocare. They were one of the main groups is was targeted to help. Millions of others are hurt. I figured the premiums would be less than $6k/year, but glad she can afford it.

Old 12-19-2013, 06:24 PM

40,968 posts, read 49,283,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoonose View Post
My daughter who could not even obtain CA insurance due to pre-existing conditions signed up on the website very quickly and easily a few days ago. Although her rates are not cheap, at least she was able to get coverage. She is paying in the $500/mo range but with very low deductibles.
Did CA not have a state high risk pool like TX ? It was for people with health problems.

It was very expensive but the people involved were all dropped and the one I know are paying much more through ACA.

I was hoping these folks would be the ones to benefit but at least in TX they are not. My EX is now paying $900 a month with a higher deductible and out of pocket.

Old 12-19-2013, 06:38 PM

2,189 posts, read 2,610,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
My insurance is getting canceled. Yep, next year when you fail to sucker in the young to pay for you dead weights you better believe Obamacare will be different. Obamacare prices will have to go up. duh!

Welfare for the leaches!
Wow, couldn't happen to a nice guy.

Old 12-20-2013, 10:45 AM

3,457 posts, read 4,659,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
I've posted this link before and it just might give you a clearer picture of what actually happened. Obama did not take into consideration what for profit insurance companies were going to do and he made the mistake of promising too much, but in actuality, he did not intentionally lie to fool anybody...
If you believe this, then you deserve to be lied to about Obamacare and everything else.

Old 12-20-2013, 11:45 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,601,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
I've posted this link before and it just might give you a clearer picture of what actually happened. Obama did not take into consideration what for profit insurance companies were going to do and he made the mistake of promising too much, but in actuality, he did not intentionally lie to fool anybody...
They knew in 2010 that Obamacare would end up with millions of cancellations.
2010. That was 3 years ago. And they did nothing until last month to try to stem the wave of cancellations.
And they know well and good that saying "Oh they don't have to cancel" now it too late because insurers have their plans set months in advance of open enrollment.

They KNEW this was going to happen THREE YEARS AGO.

Old 12-20-2013, 11:56 AM

9,879 posts, read 8,032,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Another words, Obama lied.

Old 12-20-2013, 12:09 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,601,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
Another words, Obama lied.
Obama, HHS, the CBO…they all lied.

The CBO has not come out with any new "projections" since May.
How many changes, cancellations, waivers, exemptions have happened since then ?

And now you can sign up for insurance and have it effective 1/1 without paying a dime.

Old 12-20-2013, 12:20 PM

22,229 posts, read 17,883,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
They knew in 2010 that Obamacare would end up with millions of cancellations.
2010. That was 3 years ago. And they did nothing until last month to try to stem the wave of cancellations.
And they know well and good that saying "Oh they don't have to cancel" now it too late because insurers have their plans set months in advance of open enrollment.

They told people it was going to happen three, no actually four, years ago. But hey, who's counting?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies