Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-08-2014, 07:18 PM

16,911 posts, read 10,582,210 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by juppiter View Post
Again this has **** all to do with Obama. You can spin this how ever many ways you want but this is in no way shape or form Obama's fault.

He clearly lied when he said nobody in his office knew anything about this. His top level aids ordered the hit. And if you think it's just "blocking some lanes" (on the busiest bridge in the United States, mind you, but I'll play along) that is the problem, you are wrong. It's using the government to go after enemies. It's being petty when he knew he was winning the election anyway. It's lying about it.
The papers are also reporting that the closures may have resulted in at least one death.

Old 01-08-2014, 07:21 PM

46,943 posts, read 25,964,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
Christie has no way out of this politically. Either he knew or he is totally incompetent.
His statement appears to go for the "I am schocked - shocked! - to learn that gambling is going on here" line of defense:

Quote:
"What I've seen today for the first time is unacceptable," Christie said. "I am outraged and deeply saddened to learn that not only was I misled by a member of my staff, but this completely inappropriate and unsanctioned conduct was made without my knowledge. One thing is clear: this type of behavior is unacceptable and I will not tolerate it because the people of New Jersey deserve better. This behavior is not representative of me or my Administration in any way, and people will be held responsible for their actions."
So - I guess Bridget Anne Kelly is now intimately familiar with what the underside of a bus looks like. And so the fun part begins: This sort of cr.p comes with criminal charges. Those implicated just may be pondering the advantages of being a witness for the prosecution.

Old 01-08-2014, 07:32 PM

16,911 posts, read 10,582,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
His statement appears to go for the "I am schocked - shocked! - to learn that gambling is going on here" line of defense:

So - I guess Bridget Anne Kelly is now intimately familiar with what the underside of a bus looks like. And so the fun part begins: This sort of cr.p comes with criminal charges. Those implicated just may be pondering the advantages of being a witness for the prosecution.
The senate should appoint a special investigator/prosecutor outside of the NJ AG's office.

Old 01-08-2014, 07:38 PM

4,088 posts, read 4,386,289 times
Default Bridgegate update- Christie appointee sues to avoid testimony

The Bergen Record is reporting former Christie Port Authority appointee David Wildstein has filed suit to quash a subpoena, ordering him to give testimony tomorrow before a NJ Legislative Committee. Among other grounds seeking dismissal of the subpoena by Wildstein's lawyers include... They claim there is some kind of "irregularity" in the issuing officer's signature

Former Port Authority exec files lawsuit to quash subpoena in GWB probe - NorthJersey.com

Boy this is fun!

Old 01-08-2014, 07:49 PM

4,088 posts, read 4,386,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
The papers are also reporting that the closures may have resulted in at least one death.
Fire had a seven minute delay getting to a 91 year old with difficulty breathing, who died five days later. Not much to chew on there, I think.

Old 01-08-2014, 07:50 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,358,607 times
Yeah the avoidance of a subpoena via technicality claims is not a good sign at all. Someones realized they have made a serious error in judgement, and are trying to put off the day of reckoning.

Expect a LOT of 5th amendment claims, or "I don't recall" if he does have to testify.

Old 01-08-2014, 07:58 PM

1,922 posts, read 1,744,923 times
We can do better than Christie vs. Hillary

I don't know what Christie knew about this or not. I started to read about this earlier but lost interest. I will say that any public employee... elected or appointed... who makes life hard on the public for their political gain, should be publicly flogged and forbidden from ever again drawing a paycheck at the taxpayers expense or holding public office.

Old 01-08-2014, 09:10 PM

57,233 posts, read 26,172,300 times
Christie appointed several of his friends to the Port Authority, they are at the heart of this matter. The text of the emails are now available and it looks pretty bad, Christie's adamant denials back in early December appear to be very questionable.

Old 01-09-2014, 05:18 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,042,570 times
Default Weird.....all major news networks leading off with Christie Scandal.

All of a sudden, they're acting like journalists!

Mired in the shadow of Benghazi, the IRS scandal, NSA spying, fast and furious and other so called "fake scandals", obama's lapdogs ignore or flat out lie about those.

I'm no fan of Christie, and I firmly believe that he should be fully investigated and pay the price for this.....if it's proven that he was involved (the media WILL fully investigate and be outraged!).

The hypocrisy of the left never ceases to amaze me.

Old 01-09-2014, 05:24 AM

1,300 posts, read 1,042,032 times
How is this story any different from the Obamacare website flaming out on its first day and all the media and especially Republicans jumping on it and yelling at the top of their lungs that it was just another example of how Obamacare 'wasn't ready for primetime'?

That story went on for AGES as if no other websites ever previously going live for the first time had problems when it was first launched. The point is the media will report what's new and it will eventually die down like every other story.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies