Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-25-2013, 12:16 PM

6,391 posts, read 5,171,011 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayabone View Post
I see a recurring theme in here, people like Harrier and tinman, who life experience parallels my own. Work hard, stop complaining and advance yourself.
My first job I brought home $60 a week. I went to night school, worked two jobs seven days a week, and sacrificed. Didn't get married until I was 30, and have no idea what a vacation is. When I got my annual vacation,I worked another job. I bought a home at 23 years of age and single. I ate P&J three meals a day and hitch hiked to work. I never did get much above $50K a year, but I retired a multimillionaire, with numerous properties, and far more yearly income than I can spend. and never need to worry about money again. (unless obama is successful with his evil plans).
The name of the game is hard work and sacrifice. Too many people today aren't willing to do that, they want it all handed to them, that's why the democrat party was invented, for lazy freeloaders..
I was right there with you till the end. I actually know a number of conservative democrats, a couple of which I was at the range with last week. Not all democrats support laziness or freeloaders.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2013, 12:16 PM

3,022 posts, read 2,276,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Stop voting for idiots like Obama for starters. Stop voting party line regardless of party for that matter. The fact is that there are jobs. Many are occupied by illegals because no one from either party wants to make E-Verify a law. Those entry level jobs that illegals currently occupy used to go to High school and college kids.
The military is an option. Another option is go to community college first and then move on. Millions have followed this path successfully.

If you want your life to be better stop waiting for someone else to do it for you, least of all the Fed. I am 51 years old in 3 days. I grew up on a farm and then went in the service. after that worked low end jobs and built skills. Today I make $30.00 an hour working in one of the largest paper mills in the country. That company didn't hire me because they felt sorry for me. I didn't know a soul in the mill.

Life waits for no one. I have written 3 books and I am published. I don't make a lot of money from it, but It is money. There are opportunities out there for anyone willing to put forth effort.
That is not true by any means how delusional are you to believe that garbage. Many people put effort and go nowhere. Our economy is a pyramid with many jobs at bottom and not many at top. There are not enough jobs for just everyone to move up. If everyone did move up the business with entry level jobs would not have people to work those jobs.

Old 12-25-2013, 12:17 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,024,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
This.

What occurred was against the law. I also hope they sue and win.
Cite the statute that was violated.

Old 12-25-2013, 12:17 PM

237 posts, read 192,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JettNexus View Post
You do know that 2.30 an hour is 9.51 in today's money. You were making more then the kids make today.. Its a fact wages haven't kept up with inflation and here lie the problem...
Actually its more because taxes was lower.

Old 12-25-2013, 12:22 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,024,945 times
Quote:
Obama is bad. So was Bush. So was the past congress for the last decade. Nobody ever dares points out how bad congress sucks...they held our government hostage for years.
At least you are honest.

Too many liberals are not.

President George W. Bush was misguided in some areas, but not bad, in Harrier's opinion.

He certainly was not a true conservative.

He is why the Tea Party was started - to reform the Republican Party, and bring it back to its conservative roots,

We are the party of Lincoln, the party who abolished slavery, and the party who advocated for civil rights while Democrats were against such meaningful change.

Old 12-25-2013, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Yes, we do.
Then the California education system has failed you. America is not a free market economy. There is no government intervention in a free market economy. Why would we give tax credits to businesses and bailout money. Please think before you speak.

Old 12-25-2013, 12:24 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,979,518 times
Quote:
Then the California education system has failed you. America is not a free market economy. There is no government intervention in a free market economy. Why would we give tax credits to businesses and bailout money. Please think before you speak.

I agree, GM , Chrysler, etc should not have been bailed out. They would have been purchased as subsidiaries of successful auto corps anyway.

Old 12-25-2013, 12:25 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,241,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AppalachianAmerican View Post
Its not holding ANYONE hostage except for the citizens of this country who must pay for the welfare for these poor people who are working but their greedy companies who refuse to pay a livable wage.I don't think I would care to run a business with employees simply because I don't want to deal with all the crap but if I did.A livable wage would be the FIRST thing I made sure I did. If they can't live off what I am paying them then in essence I am still paying them from my own pocket and taxes for their welfare! Makes more sense and makes me feel better knowing they don't need welfare because I pay them more.
If you had wings you wouldn't have to take the bus also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
At least you are honest.

Too many liberals are not.

President George W. Bush was misguided in some areas, but not bad, in Harrier's opinion.

He certainly was not a conservative.
I'm not a liberal. I believe in people and the constition. That is something that none of these political parties believe in. Obama is a liar. Do you realize how many lies Mitt Romney told on his campaign trail. I could post at least twenty of them if you would like. Your problem is you eat the pudding spewed out by the media and believe its true. Republican and Democrats are both exploitive idiots.

6,391 posts, read 5,171,011 times
Quote:
You do know that 2.30 an hour is 9.51 in today's money. You were making more then the kids make today.. Its a fact wages haven't kept up with inflation and here lie the problem...
I probably worked harder also, after leaving hardees, worked at a gas station, where we actually filled the tank for the customer, checked the oil, checked the tires, cleaned the windshield, and manually ran the credit cards.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies