Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-18-2014, 04:12 PM

13,305 posts, read 7,876,816 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
Carrying spares? I'm extremely nearsighted--without glasses I can't even tell that the chart has letters. I have spare eyeglasses everywhere: Upstairs, downstairs, two spares in my car, a spare in my briefcase, a spare in my desk at work, a spare in my gun bag, a spare anywhere I might be in whatever I might have with me. I would not be caught anywhere without a spare of something that was vital to me.
The girl probably didn't have as many reminding episodes with her allergy as you have with finding your eyeglasses.

She may have slipped into a false sense of security, or even thought she outgrew the allergy.

Old 11-18-2014, 05:02 PM

1,458 posts, read 2,660,269 times
The only zombie in this thread has a handle starting with Hy.

People are idiots. A person comes into a pharmacy demanding a med just be handed to them. It is as likely that they are just a deluded fool as it is that they are trying to save a life. Combine that with the fact that the pharmacist NEVER SAW THE GIRL, and is not a healthcare provider, and from where he was standing, it would have been more zombielike to go along with crazy acting mom.

Old 11-18-2014, 05:07 PM

28,681 posts, read 18,811,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperthetic View Post
The girl probably didn't have as many reminding episodes with her allergy as you have with finding your eyeglasses.

She may have slipped into a false sense of security, or even thought she outgrew the allergy.
She would get a pass because she was only 14 and a minor, but, sorry, her mother does not. My mother certainly would not have failed to have my meds in her purse.

Old 11-18-2014, 05:16 PM

2,776 posts, read 3,597,133 times
The concept of the prescription stems from government control, ergo it fails miserably like everything else government touches.

Old 11-18-2014, 05:25 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,863,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flip33 View Post
Primatene Mist inhalers are available over the counter (OTC). It contains epinephrine and could save someone's life. Another mistake made by the mom and daughter and pharmacist because they could carry one of these and live long enough to get to the ER.

So arbitrary laws define what is available to the public based on what the "experts" believe the public can handle. The USA and European countries regulate drugs heavily unlike say, Mexico.

In this thread I am seeing two groups of people:
1) Those who are a slave to the law and will uphold it even if other people die
2) Those who will use their own judgement to help someone even if it means breaking the law.
i have no problem with someone breaking a law, or rather using an exception to the law, to save a life. as long as they are in fact confronted with an emergency situation. in this case the pharmacist saw no emergency, since the girl was left outside the store.

Quote:
People don't ask for an EpiPen, without first offering up a prescription, unless there IS an emergency.

Pharmacists are not trained to handle emergencies, and therefore, they can't.

Zombies can only do what they are trained to do.

There must be perfect conditions for them to function.
ok we get it, you have an extremely low opinion of pharmacists. perhaps you should go through pharmacology training and find out just what they are taught, and perhaps then you can make a more rational judgement.

Old 11-18-2014, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
i have no problem with someone breaking a law, or rather using an exception to the law, to save a life. as long as they are in fact confronted with an emergency situation. in this case the pharmacist saw no emergency, since the girl was left outside the store.

ok we get it, you have an extremely low opinion of pharmacists.
Well, that may be, but I've had many friends who've collected PEZ dispensers.

Old 11-18-2014, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohirette View Post
The only zombie in this thread has a handle starting with Hy.

People are idiots. A person comes into a pharmacy demanding a med just be handed to them. It is as likely that they are just a deluded fool as it is that they are trying to save a life. Combine that with the fact that the pharmacist NEVER SAW THE GIRL, and is not a healthcare provider, and from where he was standing, it would have been more zombielike to go along with crazy acting mom.
Better yet, never WANTED to see the girl.

Old 11-18-2014, 05:47 PM

28,681 posts, read 18,811,357 times
Quote:
Pharmacists are not trained to handle emergencies, and therefore, they can't.
Very few persons are trained to handle emergencies, and yes, therefore they can't.

Old 11-18-2014, 05:48 PM

Quote:
She would get a pass because she was only 14 and a minor, but, sorry, her mother does not. My mother certainly would not have failed to have my meds in her purse.
So what!

The pharmacist was still a killer jerk; like Zimmerman was a killer creep.

Old 11-18-2014, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Very few persons are trained to handle emergencies, and yes, therefore they can't.
Yes, many people believe that you need to be trained to operate a fire extinguisher.

Yes, many people believe that you need to be trained to operate a wheel barrel.

Etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., etc.

No one was trained to pull the toddler out of the swimming pool, so they all watched the toddler drown, while they waited for the paramedics to arrive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies