Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-18-2014, 11:52 AM

88,983 posts, read 44,793,389 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
When it's an emergency, people around have a duty to do what they can to help - prescriptions be damned.
Really? Where's the law absolving them from all professional and legal liabilities in such a case?

Old 11-18-2014, 11:53 AM

13,302 posts, read 7,866,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Really? Where's the law absolving them from all professional and legal liabilities in such a case?
Where professionals fear to tread.

Old 11-18-2014, 02:10 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,827,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Maybe he should have made the effort to see her. He should have been bright enough to understand that when someone is requesting an epipen a life may be at stake.

Why did all them rights protestors in the '60s go to jail?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
Listen, I have a kid with a peanut allergy. Yes, the mother should have had Epi, and yes they should call for help. But when it takes the ambulance 5-10 minutes at best to show up, do you think the kid can hang on for that long without breathing?? You clearly haven't thought this through.

When it's an emergency, people around have a duty to do what they can to help - prescriptions be damned. If it was you lying on that street choking to death, you would pray that someone - anyone - would help you, and you damn well know it. For you to callously disregard the moral obligation of others to help someone in this circumstance (especially someone who has the means to save the life right at their fingertips) is DISGUSTING, and it reinforces the thesis that conservatives have fault wiring when it comes to basic right and wrong. If that was my kid and you as a pharmacist did that, you would be taking your last breath soon...and it would be worth dying or going to jail over it.
why didnt mom bring the daughter into the pharmacy? why didnt mom call emergency services FROM THE RESTAURANT? why didnt mom have an epipen with her? why didnt the daughter have an epipen with her? why did the daughter choose a sauce CLEARLY MARKED AS CONTAINING PEANUTS knowing she had an allergy to peanuts?

as for someone coming and asking for an epipen, how many people ask for one because they forgot theirs, but have no emergency?

in the end, the pharmacist did nothing wrong, mom and daughter did everything wrong.

Old 11-18-2014, 03:08 PM

296 posts, read 413,529 times
Primatene Mist inhalers are available over the counter (OTC). It contains epinephrine and could save someone's life. Another mistake made by the mom and daughter and pharmacist because they could carry one of these and live long enough to get to the ER.

So arbitrary laws define what is available to the public based on what the "experts" believe the public can handle. The USA and European countries regulate drugs heavily unlike say, Mexico.

In this thread I am seeing two groups of people:
1) Those who are a slave to the law and will uphold it even if other people die
2) Those who will use their own judgement to help someone even if it means breaking the law.

Old 11-18-2014, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post

as for someone coming and asking for an epipen, how many people ask for one because they forgot theirs, but have no emergency?
People don't ask for an EpiPen, without first offering up a prescription, unless there IS an emergency.

Pharmacists are not trained to handle emergencies, and therefore, they can't.

Zombies can only do what they are trained to do.

There must be perfect conditions for them to function.

Old 11-18-2014, 03:14 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,097,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperthetic View Post
People don't ask for an EpiPen, without first offering up a prescription, unless there is an emergency.
What about EpiPen abusers/addicts?

Old 11-18-2014, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperthetic View Post
People don't ask for an EpiPen, without first offering up a prescription, unless there IS an emergency.

Pharmacists are not trained to handle emergencies, and therefore, they can't.

Zombies can only do what they are trained to do.

There must be perfect conditions for them to function.
"Damn it Jim! I'm a doctor, not an alchemist!" Bones, from Star Trek revised.

Old 11-18-2014, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
What about EpiPen abusers . .?
Spare the Pen and kill the child.

Old 11-18-2014, 03:54 PM

28,664 posts, read 18,771,597 times
Carrying spares? I'm extremely nearsighted--without glasses I can't even tell that the chart has letters. I have spare eyeglasses everywhere: Upstairs, downstairs, two spares in my car, a spare in my briefcase, a spare in my desk at work, a spare in my gun bag, a spare anywhere I might be in whatever I might have with me. I would not be caught anywhere without a spare of something that was vital to me.

But this event was nearly a year ago, and supposedly the UK pharmacist board was going to hold an inquiry. So what was the result of that? I see nothing more about it beyond the first report. I haven't even seen it confirmed that an actual pharmacist was the man involved...the reports variously say "pharmacist" and "worker."

Old 11-18-2014, 04:10 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,097,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
But this event was nearly a year ago, and supposedly the UK pharmacist board was going to hold an inquiry. So what was the result of that? I see nothing more about it beyond the first report. I haven't even seen it confirmed that an actual pharmacist was the man involved...the reports variously say "pharmacist" and "worker."
I don't believe any report has been issued. And this took place in Ireland, not the UK.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies