Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2013, 12:08 PM

1,632 posts, read 1,852,285 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan Alaska View Post
The problem isn't just the low reimbursement rates its also the amount of time and paperwork it takes to bill to and receive payment from Medi care/caid.
In my experience even with pre-approval for procedures medicare/caid will still argue the charges and take forever to reimburse doctors for not only their work but that of their nurses and staff too.
Exactly ,and that's the reason why some doctors can't afford to wait that long to get paid, then Medicare will argue with your secondary insurance too for who's going to pay for what.

Personally myself I want my doctors to be wealthy rich. rich enough to be able to put their kids through medical school, rich enough not to worry about where his next mortgage payments coming from while he's got me on the table slicing me open
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2013, 12:09 PM

169 posts, read 195,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AppalachianAmerican View Post
Profits over People again. Not a surprise really. I am 100% for healthcare for everyone for free at that. But government needs to make sure the docs do get paid for their work,can't expect them to help their fellow man just out of the kindness of their heart can we!?
No, their kids are like yours and mine. They like to eat. Everyman deserves a wage for his skills and it's up to him to decide if he will accept a job at that wage.

Old 12-26-2013, 01:00 PM

2,236 posts, read 2,411,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
It is terrifying that people like you exist and vote.
Wow really? Wanting free healthcare for all is so terrible... I know. I think it's terrifying that people like you exist and vote. So heartless and uncaring. Healthcare is a right in Europe and they seem to be doing just fine... greedy Americans will just never want someone else having something they have.

Old 12-26-2013, 01:27 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,677,798 times
God! it's just criminal how you guy's use outdated, distorted, data to flog your own conclusions as facts when you just get further and further away from the truth.

First off, Medicaid payments to Drs. are set by the individual states that administer the program NOT by the federal government. Especially at the date the article was written. If anything, the ACA will INCREASE THE PAYMENTS!!! to Drs. in the states that opted for the Medicaid expansion. Places like Texas and others will be SOL as far as their Drs. are concerned. Leave it to the republicans to filch on the payments to Doctors who treat poor people. Sound exactly like your Modus Operandi.

Secondly, the ACA MANDATES, effective 1/1/14 that all 26 states participating in the Medicaid expansion under the ACA, bring Medicaid payments up to standard Medicare rates. Something that has been sorely lacking because states have been paying Drs. less than standard Medicare rates.

You want the TRUTH? I don't know if your tin foil hats can handle the truth without exploding, but here it is.

Effective for dates of service on and after January 1, 2013 through December 31, 2014, states are
required by law to reimburse qualified providers at the rate that would be paid for the service (if
the service were covered) under Medicare. Most states and the District of Columbia will need to
submit a Medicaid state plan amendment (SPA) to increase Medicaid rates up to this level. CMS
has issued a SPA preprint for the purpose of expediting review and approval of the primary care
payment increase.

You don't hear Drs. or Hospitals complaining about Medicare payment rates as a general rule.
I switched from employer provided BCBS to Medicare and my PCP, Cardiologist, local hospital eye Dr.
Etc. had no problems and when I compared the bills from BCBS to Medicare for the same procedures the cost difference was minimal. My PCP even stated that he liked Medicare as they were quicker to pay the bills than BCBS.

http://www.medicaid.gov/AffordableCa...s-for-PCPs.pdf

Why don't you blathering idiots come up with a grain of truth once in a while? Heck even a blind squirrel finds a nut now and then.

Last edited by mohawkx; 12-26-2013 at 01:36 PM..

Old 12-26-2013, 01:34 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,677,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan Alaska View Post
The problem isn't just the low reimbursement rates its also the amount of time and paperwork it takes to bill to and receive payment from Medi care/caid.
In my experience even with pre-approval for procedures medicare/caid will still argue the charges and take forever to reimburse doctors for not only their work but that of their nurses and staff too.
Don't know why that might be true in Alaska as It is definitely not true in the Lower 48.

I asked my PCP administrator, my hospital and my Cardiologist if a Medicare advantage plan would be better than Medicare part B and they all preferred the Medicare part B to the Advantage plans, like Humana, BCBS because the billing was easier, payment was quicker and the reimbursement was nearly the same.

I looked at the Humana Advantage plan again this yaer and asked my PCP last week if he took Humana Advantage and he said "No. I do not, because they pay less than Medicare for the same procedures and what they do pay is very slow in coming".
So we're getting totally conflicting reports here.

Old 12-27-2013, 05:04 PM

278 posts, read 274,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
Neither do you. If you cared, you would deliver health care for free instead of demanding someone else do it.

You just love making it up as you go along, don't you? Because I don't think anyone should be forced to labor without being compensated means I want corporations to have all the money or that somehow benefits the religious right? Do you read anything you type, and if so, does it really make any logical sense to you?

My stance is that nobody should be forced to labor for the sole benefit of others, neither against their will nor for reduced/zero compensation based on someone else's notions of moral obligation. To demand that they do is to demand that health care providers are a new 2013 version of slaves, or better, the Frederick Douglass "quasi-slave" minus actual physical shackles. This has nothing to do with enriching corporations, nor does it placate the religious right. I am a libertarian, thus I hold the individual's natural rights as first sovereign, above and beyond all others. Nobody has a natural right to the labor of others, but everyone has the natural right of ownership of self. So suggesting that someone should not be forced to labor without voluntarily agreed upon compensation is simply upholding my constant defense of individual natural rights.

Can I now expect some more imaginary demons and devils being claimed as the nefarious force which guides my libertarian thinking, while pure love and compassion drives your desire to rob people at gunpoint and/or enslave them to your whims?
I already said more than once they would be compensated. I am to tired and cold to even address the rest of the rambling rant and pretty much I have seen it all before and don't care for it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
I have done more for "the poor and disabled in this country" than most people, and I've got the tax bills to prove it.

As for the rest of your screed, it's nonsense. Conservatives want people to succeed and carry their own weight in society. People like you think those of us who worked hard to get where we're at have some moral obligation to pay for everything the lazy and unsuccessful haven't achieved. You have it ass backwards.
So you think EVERYONE who can't pay for their healthcare is lazy and unsuccessful. Interesting view of your fellow citizens you have. Conservatives care for the rich and the corporations and warfare not the people especially not the poor people. Bush ( a republican) started this mess and didn't fix a cotton pickin thing and neither has Obama.We all must care for each other its morally correct and its the decent thing to do,What's the quote about you can tell something about a country in how it treats its poorest citizen? Yeah...we treat them well for sure. Oh and a conservatives idea of "successful" is getting someone a minimum wage job at Wal Mart and saying SEE! Now that they are working they are successful and won't leech off of us! Only to dig beneath the surface and see they are barely making ends meet and usually aren't even doing that so instead of backing their right to unionize and get the corporations to pay better and have better working conditions you 1. Complain about them trying to unionize and ask for those wages 2. Complain about them getting welfare because they can't make ends meet 3. Act like its THEIR FAULT they aren't making enough. So in essence its called shift the blame game with you "conservatives".

Old 12-27-2013, 08:31 PM

32,127 posts, read 15,116,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaten_Drinker View Post
The idea that people go to medical school because they want to "help people" and "save lives" is so.....quaint.
I know many doctors and that's exactly why they go to medical school.....to help others. Do you think they have enormous students loans for the heck of it. Do you think they want to go through a grueling residency with no life outside of the hospital just because it's something to do. Medical school is extremely hard and not many make it. You have to be passionate about it to get through it.

Old 12-27-2013, 08:33 PM

22,673 posts, read 24,647,023 times
Doctors who don't accept Osamacare............off to the gulag with you!!!!!!!!!

Old 12-27-2013, 08:42 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,343,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgordeeva View Post
Wow really? Wanting free healthcare for all is so terrible... I know. I think it's terrifying that people like you exist and vote. So heartless and uncaring. Healthcare is a right in Europe and they seem to be doing just fine... greedy Americans will just never want someone else having something they have.
What is this "free" healthcare you're talking about? Nothing is free. I live in a single-payer nation, and our healthcare is certainly not "free".

Old 12-27-2013, 08:54 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,500,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
Really? Who is going to repair the doctor's car out of the kindness of their hearts? Pay his mortgage? Buy his groceries or send his kids to school? Or do you want the government doing that too?

If the doctor accepts Medicaid, doesn't he have a patient who makes money under the table as a street mechanic?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies