Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-10-2014, 06:47 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,214,925 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HenryTimrod View Post
you seem to think two gays can have a kid eespite your mastery of biology. i don't think marriage rights really about rewarding two guys who have anal sex with each other. lol sounds pretty goofy to me if so
Do you think my 70 YO mother can have kids? What about my sister who had a hysterectomy? I can and did have kids using the same method as millions of heterosexual couples. Why should they get marriage protections? What about people who adopt? Should they get marriage protections? Not that children are currently required for ANY marriage, but millions of children are being raised by homosexual couples, many of them children that married heterosexual gave away. So if requiring children for marriage is your solution, gays could still get married. IF you want to make children that are biologically both peoples children, then you will be voiding 10s of millions of heterosexuals marriages including my mothers and my sisters.

Old 01-10-2014, 06:50 AM

Quote:
stable families kind of implies there are a kids, not something that results from gay couplings. i don't think society beneifts from gays and straights being married if kids are not even part of the e quation.
Do you believe that all heterosexuals that do not, or can not have, biological children should have their marriages voided?
Those that adopt children, or use medical means to have children? Those that are sterile, or had a tubal ligation or vasectomy?
Those that are elderly?

Do you think that families that adopt children do not benefit society?

Old 01-10-2014, 06:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
No, not TV ads. It can be encouraged through government benefits, like it is now.
So basically just deny those benefits to same sex couples. But why? How will that make more heterosexual couples get married? How will denying SSM PROMOTE heterosexual marriage?

Old 01-10-2014, 06:54 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,805,597 times
FJ - Another way of stating your OP is to say the government should only do things my way. Some of the rest of us politely decline.

IMHO - Same sex marriage, legalized drug use, massive redistribution of income that does not require a "Forever War", actual equal opportunity for all and a nationalized medical/drug/hospital industry would benefit all instead of the current system that only benefits the rich and connected.

Old 01-10-2014, 06:54 AM

92 posts, read 75,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Do you think my 70 YO mother can have kids? What about my sister who had a hysterectomy? I can and did have kids using the same method as millions of heterosexual couples. Why should they get marriage protections? What about people who adopt? Should they get marriage protections? Not that children are currently required for ANY marriage, but millions of children are being raised by homosexual couples, many of them children that married heterosexual gave away. So if requiring children for marriage is your solution, gays could still get married. IF you want to make children that are biologically both peoples children, then you will be voiding 10s of millions of heterosexuals marriages including my mothers and my sisters.
just seems like you are making illogical convuluted arguments now. obviously no compelling reason why would must give gays marriage rights other than they won't stop whining about discrimination. lol

Old 01-10-2014, 06:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
The discussion here is why the government should promote traditional marriage, and the answer is that stable families with children benefit the nation as whole. There are exceptions, like couples who cannot (or don't want to) have kids, but they are exceptions, not the rule. Most couples who marry do have kids, and it benefits the nation as whole, so it is worth promoting.
And has been shown many times homosexual HAVE children. Or are you promoting ONLY people who have children that are biologically related to both people can get married? What about my old neighbors who have adopted 7 kids? What about the two teachers who just adopted their third?

Old 01-10-2014, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Do you believe that all heterosexuals that do not, or can not have, biological children should have their marriages voided?
Those that adopt children, or use medical means to have children? Those that are sterile, or had a tubal ligation or vasectomy?
Those that are elderly?

Do you think that families that adopt children do not benefit society?
I think we should do away with marriage rights. Government doesn't need to be involved and obviously we can't agree what the criteria should be. My opinion it isn't about being rewarded for sexual relationships, it is supposed to be a little more complex than that, about kids. obviously that would rule out gays who don't have kids.

i also don't support gays adopting kids b/c we don't know how that impacts kids, to have two daddies or two mommies rather than mother and father, setting up kids to be bullied and kind of ending their innonence earlier too

Old 01-10-2014, 06:58 AM

Quote:
just seems like you are making illogical convuluted arguments now. obviously no compelling reason why would must give gays marriage rights other than they won't stop whining about discrimination. lol
Does my family of 5 deserve marriage. We have three children I gave birth to two of them. Why is my family not deserving of marital protection yet my mother and her husband who are completely incapable of having ANY children are?

Old 01-10-2014, 06:58 AM

Quote:
Does my family of 5 deserve marriage. We have three children I gave birth to two of them. Why is my family not deserving of marital protection yet my mother and her husband who are completely incapable of having ANY children are?
you use a lot of meanlingless euphemismis like "marital protection".

people who argue for "marriage rights" just arguing for another government entitlement. has nothing to do with freedom or equality, etc.

Old 01-10-2014, 06:59 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,651,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
So let me get this straight. Basically as long as people live their lives by what you believe, then that's OK? Unfortunately that isn't the way it works, and not everyone has the same beliefs. So instead of worrying about the lives of others when they aren't causing you any harm directly, why not live your life how you see fit, and let others live theirs how they see fit?
With these new gay rules, people are forbidden to live their lives according to their faith. They are being FORCED to accept things which fly against their religion, and that is a big problem.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies