Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2014, 08:37 AM

2,083 posts, read 1,620,776 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogersParkGuy View Post
Murder is what your side does, not mine. Unless you want to equate a mass of cells with no self-awareness to a fully conscious, self-aware human being. Which, I guess you do...
Calling it a 'clump of cells' doesn't make it a non-human life. It just lets pro-choice people dehumanize it to minimize the severity of what abortion is -- ending the life of your developing child. At 20 weeks, the fetus can hear and recognize its mother's voice. It can move on it's own. And it's legal to kill it. It's not a clump of cells, it's a person.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2014, 09:24 AM

4,837 posts, read 4,167,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
For your viewing pleasure:A shorty History of Liberals Using the Nazi Card
Krugman’s book cover also carries an image of President Bush with Frankenstein-like stitches across his mouth and the word “Enron” dripped in oil across his forehead. Putting aside the lies which the book is obviously filled with, the shear hatred expressed on just the cover of this book is a classic example of all the political left has remaining. Hatred and lies!

During the 2004 presidential campaign, the left-wing website moveon.org, financed by Marxist billionaire George Soros, posted a picture of George Bush wearing a Hitler mustache. This was far from an isolated incident on that website, which is one of the biggest over-users of the “Republicans are Nazis” mantra. In June 2004, Al Gore accused Republicans of working with “rapid response digital Brownshirts.” the usual comparison of Republicans to Nazis. Of course, Al Gore conveniently forgot that his 2000 presidential campaign manager, Donna Brazile, set up a location known as “the slaughter house” where young computer whiz kids just sat at their computers all day, digging up dirt on Republicans in an effort to smear them during the election cycle. (Sean Hannity talk show, Thursday, June 25, 2004)

Unfit_for_CommandWhen liberals had no facts to refute Vietnam Swift Boat veteran John O’Neill’s claim in his book “Unfit For Command” that Democrat presidential nominee John Kerry lied about his “heroic” service in Vietnam, the Left resorted to their usual tactic of discrediting the messenger when Left-wing website Salon.com referred to O’Neill’s book and the Swift Boat vets’ campaign adds as the “Hitler diaries of the 2004 election campaign.” (Announced on The Rush Limbaugh Show, Friday, August 20, 2004) 9. During the 2004 presidential campaign, Bush-hating-left-winger Linda Ronstadt said the Bush administration is a “new bunch of Hitlers.” (USA Today, 11/16/2004)

Ronstadt_MooreThen, after President Bush’s reelection victory in 2004, the lefty singer was at it again when she called the Bush administration “a bunch of new Hitlers.” (Announced on Sean Hannity WABC radio show, Thursday, November 18, 2004)

It should also be noted that Ronstadt is good friends with fellow fatty Michael Moore, whose Fahrenheit 9/11 portrayed Bush as the second coming of Adolf Hitler and the terrorist attacks of 9/11 as his Reichstag. Ronstadt also dedicated the song Desperado to him during a Las Vegas concert at The Aladdin Theater for Performing Arts on July 17, 2004, which didn’t win her any new fans. 10. On Monday, July 8, 2002, Jesse Jackson struck again when he condemned George W. Bush’s political tactics during the 2000 presidential campaign as “Nazi-like” — a reference to false charges that Republican officials in Florida denied Blacks the right to vote. (Newsmax wires, Wednesday, November 10, 2004) 11. calabresi_guidoIn April 2005, a special judicial panel ruled that veteran appellate court judge Guido Calabresi violated ethics rules by likening President Bush to Mussolini and Hitler. Calabresi charged the U.S. Supreme Court handed Bush the disputed 2000 election over Al Gore, and complained about the president’s actions after taking office. “When somebody has come in that way, they sometimes have tried not to exercise much power. In this case, like Mussolini, Bush has exercised extraordinary power,” Calabresi said.
Like I said, talk about becoming unhinged.

Old 01-22-2014, 09:32 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,261,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
How odd that your cited link does not contain the actual quote except in the headline.
This is how "conservatism" and conservative websites work--lift some words out of context and twist them to fit the right wing agenda. Funny thing is if you do a search of the conservative outrage du jour, all the radical right websites come up with the exact same outrage. It is as if someone sends out an email in the morning with the assigned headline. Then someone (or two) posts it on the forum as a thread title with a link to the propaganda site. Sometimes preceded by "Breaking".

Old 01-22-2014, 09:35 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,555,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
For your viewing pleasure:A shorty History of Liberals Using the Nazi Card
Krugman’s book cover also carries an image of President Bush with Frankenstein-like stitches across his mouth and the word “Enron” dripped in oil across his forehead. Putting aside the lies which the book is obviously filled with, the shear hatred expressed on just the cover of this book is a classic example of all the political left has remaining. Hatred and lies!

During the 2004 presidential campaign, the left-wing website moveon.org, financed by Marxist billionaire George Soros, posted a picture of George Bush wearing a Hitler mustache. This was far from an isolated incident on that website, which is one of the biggest over-users of the “Republicans are Nazis” mantra. In June 2004, Al Gore accused Republicans of working with “rapid response digital Brownshirts.” the usual comparison of Republicans to Nazis. Of course, Al Gore conveniently forgot that his 2000 presidential campaign manager, Donna Brazile, set up a location known as “the slaughter house” where young computer whiz kids just sat at their computers all day, digging up dirt on Republicans in an effort to smear them during the election cycle. (Sean Hannity talk show, Thursday, June 25, 2004)

Unfit_for_CommandWhen liberals had no facts to refute Vietnam Swift Boat veteran John O’Neill’s claim in his book “Unfit For Command” that Democrat presidential nominee John Kerry lied about his “heroic” service in Vietnam, the Left resorted to their usual tactic of discrediting the messenger when Left-wing website Salon.com referred to O’Neill’s book and the Swift Boat vets’ campaign adds as the “Hitler diaries of the 2004 election campaign.” (Announced on The Rush Limbaugh Show, Friday, August 20, 2004) 9. During the 2004 presidential campaign, Bush-hating-left-winger Linda Ronstadt said the Bush administration is a “new bunch of Hitlers.” (USA Today, 11/16/2004)

Ronstadt_MooreThen, after President Bush’s reelection victory in 2004, the lefty singer was at it again when she called the Bush administration “a bunch of new Hitlers.” (Announced on Sean Hannity WABC radio show, Thursday, November 18, 2004)

It should also be noted that Ronstadt is good friends with fellow fatty Michael Moore, whose Fahrenheit 9/11 portrayed Bush as the second coming of Adolf Hitler and the terrorist attacks of 9/11 as his Reichstag. Ronstadt also dedicated the song Desperado to him during a Las Vegas concert at The Aladdin Theater for Performing Arts on July 17, 2004, which didn’t win her any new fans. 10. On Monday, July 8, 2002, Jesse Jackson struck again when he condemned George W. Bush’s political tactics during the 2000 presidential campaign as “Nazi-like” — a reference to false charges that Republican officials in Florida denied Blacks the right to vote. (Newsmax wires, Wednesday, November 10, 2004) 11. calabresi_guidoIn April 2005, a special judicial panel ruled that veteran appellate court judge Guido Calabresi violated ethics rules by likening President Bush to Mussolini and Hitler. Calabresi charged the U.S. Supreme Court handed Bush the disputed 2000 election over Al Gore, and complained about the president’s actions after taking office. “When somebody has come in that way, they sometimes have tried not to exercise much power. In this case, like Mussolini, Bush has exercised extraordinary power,” Calabresi said.

Old 01-22-2014, 09:58 AM

4,814 posts, read 3,844,326 times
"Who are they? Are they... right-to-life...?"

How does someone say this and NOT scratch their head at having just stated the obvious? Right-to-life or Pro-life. The opposite of pro-life is pro-death. It's a no-brainer.

Old 01-23-2014, 05:31 PM

2,964 posts, read 3,531,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
He is comparing moderate and extremist conservatives. Capiche?
Lady, he is a moron. The modern Democrat party is filled with extremist liberals. The extreme conservatives are people with a clear dedication to the constitution.

Old 01-29-2014, 09:00 AM

2,122 posts, read 2,421,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
If this is what the governor said he's off base here. (Without a direct quote here-- It doesn't appear he said this at all and this whole thread is predicated on a lie.) There are certainly two valid viewpoints on abortion. I remain pro-choice, but, understand there is another side here.

When it comes to tolerance, however, there isn't another side to equality...

Racist views, don't deserve tolerance... Homophobic views don't deserve tolerance... I often see arch-conservatives complaining that their views aren't getting "tolerance" after they say something wildly racist or homophobic...
If you think the left is not hypocritical as well, you have been living in CT for far too long. Selective hearing maybe? In your thread about the bible, there is a liberal bashing Christians, even calling them "desert dwellers", yet if you asked that same person about Islam I would put money on them being "tolerant" and "understanding"--despite the fact they will stone women for loving a non-arranged man and saw your junk off for being gay.

I do not practice or believe in any religion, so I could care less, but tolerant is tolerant and liberals are not. To say so is disingenuous. There is so much hypocrisy on both sides of the table it boils my blood, but even worse is the liberal double standard.

Old 01-29-2014, 12:16 PM

5,563 posts, read 4,262,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigequinox View Post
If you think the left is not hypocritical as well, you have been living in CT for far too long. Selective hearing maybe? In your thread about the bible, there is a liberal bashing Christians, even calling them "desert dwellers", yet if you asked that same person about Islam I would put money on them being "tolerant" and "understanding"--despite the fact they will stone women for loving a non-arranged man and saw your junk off for being gay.

I do not practice or believe in any religion, so I could care less, but tolerant is tolerant and liberals are not. To say so is disingenuous. There is so much hypocrisy on both sides of the table it boils my blood, but even worse is the liberal double standard.
See, that's the thing. Cons are often reduced to arguing that "both sides do it" by making stuff up about liberals.

"I would put money on" is hardly an unimpeachable source. Yet you think it's just as valid as a written or recorded statement. Seriously?

Old 01-29-2014, 12:27 PM

2,122 posts, read 2,421,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmqueen View Post
See, that's the thing. Cons are often reduced to arguing that "both sides do it" by making stuff up about liberals.

"I would put money on" is hardly an unimpeachable source. Yet you think it's just as valid as a written or recorded statement. Seriously?
Well, ya see, I acknowledge the fact that many people are not so closed minded as to only think along a single party line. To claim "everyone would.." would just be ridiculous. I would, in fact, bet my money on this person in particular.

You're the one making claims about an entire demographic of people. You said "cons" not "some cons" or "most cons" this indicates to me that you are one of the purely narrow minded agenda driven people I was talking about in my original post.

If you can't admit there is hypocrisy in the liberal institution at large (again, conservatives are to blame for this as well), then there's no sense in arguing with you.

Last edited by Sigequinox; 01-29-2014 at 12:42 PM..

Old 01-29-2014, 12:44 PM

5,563 posts, read 4,262,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigequinox View Post
Well, ya see, I acknowledge the fact that many people are not so closed minded as to only think along a single party line. To claim "everyone would.." would just be ridiculous. I would, in fact, bet my money on this person in particular.

You're the one making claims about an entire demographic of people. You said "cons" not "some cons" or "most cons" this indicates to me that you are one of the purely narrow minded agenda driven people I was talking about in my original post.

If you can't admit there is hypocrisy in the liberal institution at large (again, conservatives are to blame for this as well), then it is not worth arguing with you.
I said "cons often" as my way of avoiding a sweeping generalization. If that offends you, I will restate.

"Some cons make stuff up."

Better?

And of course there's plenty of hypocrisy to go around. Personally I try to quote specifics and not make stuff up. This board is filled with it from both sides, but since there are far fewer liberals here, it's most noticeable among the cons.

And you went right along and confirmed it. Don't any of you people ever try to actually understand what liberals want, instead of making it up? "Statists." "Nanny statists." "Liberal freaks." "Communists." "Leeches."

If I had time I could pull together a swell list of assumed traits that all liberals allegedly share, just from today's posts. But what's the point? The very next post after mine will be someone swearing something is true about liberals because "I'd bet good money." Nothing ever changes on this forum.

Oh hell. I didn't even have to leave this page.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Towner View Post
The modern Democrat party is filled with extremist liberals. The extreme conservatives are people with a clear dedication to the constitution.
Golly. All extreme conservatives are such paragons of virtue.

Not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies