Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2014, 12:53 AM

7,242 posts, read 7,909,798 times

Advertisements

The man is a criminal and he's a liar when he claims the cops didn't identify themselves. He knew exactly that he was shooting at a policeman. What do you want to bet this violent criminal has a wrap sheet as long as my arm?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2014, 03:19 AM

1,515 posts, read 1,225,911 times
Chalk up one for the good guys. Finally! I'm glad the homeowner wasn't murdered as is usually the case when thug punk cops break in someone's home! Too bad there weren't more of the scum cops blown away! They get away with home invasions and murder far too often. If Americans don't defend our Constitutional rights we lose them.

Old 02-08-2014, 05:25 AM

8,069 posts, read 12,787,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Think4Yourself View Post
The man is a criminal and he's a liar when he claims the cops didn't identify themselves. He knew exactly that he was shooting at a policeman. What do you want to bet this violent criminal has a wrap sheet as long as my arm?
How do you know that? Were you there? Maybe you should have testified before the grand jury with your evidence. I wonder why the seven surviving cops did not testify or failed to convince the grand jury that they did in fact knock and attempt to serve the warrant?

Why would someone risk execution over two marijuana plants? The worst case in Texas if busted with two plants is two years in prison and a small fine. As far as the guy's criminal record? It is irrelevant to this case. All that matters is what happened at 6am on the morning if the shooting incident.

It all boils down to the fact that the cops are incompetent and use tactics that endanger peoples lives. There was no need in this case to conduct a home invasion on the suspected criminal. The guy was growing two pot plants for personal use. They could have detained him and served the warrant when he left the home and nobody would have been shot.

Old 02-08-2014, 05:44 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,222,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wartrace View Post
How do you know that?

Why even bother to reply to a post like that?

Old 02-08-2014, 06:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Why even bother to reply to a post like that?
Moment of weakness......

I know the guy just wants to start an internet argument and it is a waste of time.

Old 02-08-2014, 07:01 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,645,820 times
Kick in my door and the BAR is going to bark loudly.
Their Kevlar will not stop a 30.06 round. You get 2 with one pull of the trigger.
Set on full auto, I'm cleaning house.

Old 02-08-2014, 07:08 AM

30,263 posts, read 23,746,924 times
I hate pot, and I think anyone who smokes it is a fool and disgusting, but, it is absolutely ridiculous that it is illegal for someone to own two of their own plants for their own use. That should not be illegal. So, not only is that cop dead because they did a no knock search, which is totally unnecessary so many times it's done, but he was also killed because of an overbearing government that says people can't grow their own plants.

I would rather this guy grow his own, and use his own, than be out there trying to sell or buy the stuff from the streets. If you want to grow your own, you want to smoke until every last brain cell is dead, you want your house to reek of patchouli, who cares, just as long as your high a$$ does not get in to a car and start driving. Do that crap at home, behind closed doors, and I have zero problem with it...nor should the government. It's none of their business.

Old 02-08-2014, 07:34 AM

2,234 posts, read 1,759,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
I hate pot, and I think anyone who smokes it is a fool and disgusting, but, it is absolutely ridiculous that it is illegal for someone to own two of their own plants for their own use. That should not be illegal. So, not only is that cop dead because they did a no knock search, which is totally unnecessary so many times it's done, but he was also killed because of an overbearing government that says people can't grow their own plants.

I would rather this guy grow his own, and use his own, than be out there trying to sell or buy the stuff from the streets. If you want to grow your own, you want to smoke until every last brain cell is dead, you want your house to reek of patchouli, who cares, just as long as your high a$$ does not get in to a car and start driving. Do that crap at home, behind closed doors, and I have zero problem with it...nor should the government. It's none of their business.
Agreed... It's a natural plant, and not worth all the lives that are lost and putting people in jail for years over.A lot of law enforcement agencies want to keep it illegal so they don't lose jobs or funding at the tax payers and all of our risk..

Old 02-08-2014, 07:36 AM

2,234 posts, read 1,759,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Kick in my door and the BAR is going to bark loudly.
Their Kevlar will not stop a 30.06 round. You get 2 with one pull of the trigger.
Set on full auto, I'm cleaning house.
LOL at a full auto 30.06....

Old 02-08-2014, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post

I agree Three Wolves in that what a man (or woman) does in the confines of their own home absent harm to others is his/her own business. If someone decides that he/she would like to smoke marijuana they should be able to cultivate their own. As long as the marijuana does not leave the property and is not sold what right does the government have to concern itself at all with it? Anybody that supports the current laws is supporting criminal activity and supporting the Mexican drug cartels.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies