Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2014, 07:03 PM

4,538 posts, read 4,812,567 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
Wow, I'm in the elite 30 percent who don't take prescription drugs (and I'm 62)!!!!

Yay for me!!
Kudos, and ditto.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2014, 07:06 PM

13,303 posts, read 7,872,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GnomadAK View Post
Bread and circuses. The bread is in the bottles and the circuses are in your head as a result. The country is going to hell in a handbasket but since we're all stoned who cares? And Obamacare will make sure the drugs keep flowing. :thumb
If the Romans had used pot instead of bread and circuses, they wouldn't have run out of bread and clowns.

Old 03-02-2014, 07:29 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,733,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
And now they add another intoxicant to the mix.

Welcome to the United Stoned States of America.

add you mean they already exist!!! and its a lot more than 22 million pot smokers.. more like 40 to 60 million..

Old 03-02-2014, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Why I fly myself. No TSA to molest me, not being treated like cattle, not being a slave to the airlines hub-and-spoke system. Not having to get some elbow room from the 300 pound behemoth that oozes into my seat. And not worrying about the fool up front being stoned.

I don't here you complaining or advocating a ban of alcohol on commercial planes, a lethal concoction that addles the brain ten fold than pot.. you hypocrite much

Old 03-02-2014, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Caffeine alters your perception of reality.

I've smoked pot for over 15 years. Not once have I had hallucinations.

never had one in the 30 years that I smoked..

Old 03-02-2014, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Only a loser smokes and gets stoned.

what's your definition of a person that drinks wine, beer, champagne or hard liquor?? and what's your definition of all the people that are popping big pharma happy pills

Old 03-02-2014, 07:41 PM

13,303 posts, read 7,872,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
what's your definition of a person that drinks wine, beer, champagne or hard liquor?? and what's your definition of all the people that are popping big pharma happy pills
Pot is not a blood and lust drug.

Old 03-02-2014, 08:03 PM

2,025 posts, read 4,177,058 times
Another thought occurred to me regarding the prescription drug problem in this country.
I know a couple of folks personally who are prescription drug addicts. It's an interesting way to make a living if you are a doctor. Somebody comes to see you with some sort of pain, and you prescribe an addictive opiate painkiller. The patient uses their supply, finds themselves needing more, you can take care of that of course but since it is an addictive substance you need them to come in for an office visit at $75-$100 or so. This cycle of course will repeat itself whenever the pills run out. Addicts are cash cows, whether legal or not. Now when the addict finally can't get enough legally, they resort to the street, and when they get caught, the rehab system and the "justice" system get another chance to shake down the addict.
Now I know that there are non narcotic alternatives for pain but what's the profit in that?
The last time I required pain medication was a kidney stone incident. I went to the ER in severe, hair standing on end pain. They gave me a shot of toradol and I was pain free in minutes. And they also prescribed me a short supply of oxycodone, enough for a couple days, and 1 day was more than enough for me. The nausea, constipation and dopey chemical head feeling wasn't worth the limited pain relief so the rest of the pills went in the trash (yeah, I now know you aren't supposed to just toss them out). I'm guessing the effective dose must be close to the addictive dose.
I do know that there are people who require the heavy opiate painkillers but the doctors prescribe them more often than they should. Naproxen does the same job without a medically approved monkey on the back.

Old 03-02-2014, 08:09 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,937,526 times
My Doctor never gives me the fun drugs dammit.

Old 03-02-2014, 08:12 PM

182 posts, read 195,263 times
But but but why would people need to be high living in the FREEST/GREATEST NATION EVER
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies