Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2014, 01:28 AM

182 posts, read 195,116 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jburress View Post
More power to you! You tried it and it wasn't your bag. Why be against people that enjoy it because you did not?

Personal freedom is what this about.
I'm not sure if the entire nation should legalize it but states like California, might as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2014, 01:39 AM

24,508 posts, read 33,295,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jburress View Post
But you don't. You have stated that you have never used any "mind altering" drug. You have said you do not even drink coffee.

Pertaining to this subject you are ignorant.
I am not ignorant when it comes to common sense. For example, I don't have to take up skydiving to know that it's a high-risk activity.

There are addiction experts who don't use drugs... does that mean their research, studies and data are meaningless?

Old 03-03-2014, 05:31 AM

1,410 posts, read 2,138,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
No prescription medication here. Doctors have written scrips for asthma medicine and antidepressants for me pretty regularly. I throw them away; I don't need them.

The first time I had a root canal the endo wrote a scrip for hydrocodone. Since it was my first root canal, I filled the prescription because I had been told over and over that root canals really hurt. I figured I'd take a pill if the pain got unbearable. Between cold compresses and ibuprofen, it was only a little worse than having a cavity filled. The next time I got a root canal, I told the endo to put that prescription pad back in his pocket. I was kind of pissed that I'd paid for TWENTY PILLS of hydrocodone that I didn't need.

Doctor = drug dealer.
I didn't fill my painkiller prescription after my root canal either, but I definitely filled the one for antibiotics.

Old 03-03-2014, 05:38 AM

4,272 posts, read 3,786,079 times
Addicted to online forums, but they are not mind altering... I think.

Old 03-03-2014, 05:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
never had one in the 30 years that I smoked..
Sometimes, when I tried it, I felt imaginary raindrops falling on my shoulders....I was indoors and the roof wasn't leaking. Once, after smoking it, I saw an imaginary purple bullseye pattern on the white couch cushion next to the one I was sitting on. It can make some of us hallucinate.

Old 03-03-2014, 05:44 AM

I'm glad that Big Pharma has drugs for men who can't get it up.

Old 03-03-2014, 06:04 AM

30,058 posts, read 18,652,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAMERCAT View Post
Cheers!

'The American people are the most drugged people in the history of the planet.

close to 70 percent of all Americans are currently on at least one prescription drug.

In addition, there are 60 million Americans that “abuse alcohol” and 22 million that use illegal drugs.

What that means is that almost everyone that you meet is going to be on something.

In fact, as you will read about below, there are70 million Americans that are taking “mind-altering drugs” right now.

#1 An astounding 70 million Americans are taking legal mind-altering drugs right now.

19 Statistics About The Drugging Of America That Are Almost Too Crazy To Believe

You need to visit Europe. EVERYONE in the UK drinks heavily by US standards. Drug use on the continent and alcohol consumption is visibly higher.

I like my meds for hypertension and cholesterol. The former reduces my risk of stoke and an MI.

I think that the use of anti-depressants has been demonized as well (quite wrongly). Those meds can be a life saver for patients with depression, yet people are reluctant to take them, due to societal stigma of being treated for depression. The press does no favors by supporting this mischaracterization.

Diabetes is under treated as well or poorly treated or undertreated in the US, mostly due to compliance issues.

I personally would have been dead, if it were not for antibiotics and chemotherapy meds.

All in all, I LIKE having access to modern pharmaceuticals.

Old 03-03-2014, 06:36 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,466,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Hey, slick, I neither drink booze nor do I smoke dope.

Those who do are losers.
Why is it that those who need it the most choose to refrain? Is this why they seem so nasty all the time?

Old 03-03-2014, 07:19 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,266,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by temazepam View Post
I didn't fill my painkiller prescription after my root canal either, but I definitely filled the one for antibiotics.
I never got antibiotics after a root canal. Those are supposed to come before RCT if you have an infected tooth or an abcess.

Old 03-03-2014, 10:56 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,212,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
Why is it that those who need it the most choose to refrain? Is this why they seem so nasty all the time?
I don't voluntarily screw my head up..
stoners do that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies