Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2014, 10:03 AM

73,028 posts, read 62,634,962 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
They pretty much validate that when a black guy is seen trying to break into a car, a guy decides to call the cops (as the video shows), while when a white guy does it, no one called the cops, that time.

Could it be due to the fact that people know that far higher percentages of crimes (in proportion to population) are committed by black people, than by white people?

Maybe the guy who called the cops, overreacted. (And maybe he didn't.)

But the point is, he had a reason for his reaction.

If you don't like that, then perhaps you can do something to get the black people who commit such excessive numbers of crimes, to stop doing it.

That would be far more appropriate than complaining that the guy who called the cops, was doing something he shouldn't.
None of what you said refutes the fact that if a White person commits a crime, then that White person should do the time, period? This is why I have a problem. The message you seem to advocate is "if you're Black and you commit a crime, you should be subjected to worse scrutiny than a White person doing the same thing". And what that advocates goes against how a justice system should work.

No one here is refuting crime rates. Everyone kind of knows what they are. However, what does it have to do with individual responsibility? How is a White person committing a crime any less destructive than a Black person committing the very same crime? Not statistics, but the result of that crime. If a White person vandalizes your house, is it any less destructive than if a Black person does it? Is the result any different? Forget statistics, focus on the results of that crime and that results alone.

Old 02-20-2014, 10:06 AM

10,581 posts, read 9,787,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
The message you seem to advocate is "if you're Black and you commit a crime, you should be subjected to worse scrutiny than a White person doing the same thing".
No, it doesn't.

Except to people who WANT my message to seem that way.

And there's nothing I can do to help them.

Old 02-20-2014, 10:13 AM

1,743 posts, read 1,659,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
The white guy had on a t-shirt and jeans.
The black guy had on a tshirt, jacket and pants. How exactly is that a thug uniform?

Come to NJ and i will show you what thugs look like.

You say that the problem is that most crimes in the US are committed by black people, but the video alone tells you that white crime often goes undetected.

We could say the same for black people as well. Majority of crimes and people getting busted are black i should say for you then. I am sure there are other races that get away with things so lets step out of the box a little bit here.

Old 02-20-2014, 10:15 AM

73,028 posts, read 62,634,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
No, it doesn't.

Except to people who WANT my message to seem that way.

And there's nothing I can do to help them.
You say that because Blacks commit more crimes, you could understand why more people would call the cops on the Black guy. That is basically trying to justify the action. I don't care why more people called the cops on the Black guy. I really don't care why. If ANYONE does the crime, then it calls for punishment, no matter what race the person comes from. I don't care what the statistics say about Black crime. That has no pertinence on what the results of that crime will be.

Old 02-20-2014, 10:18 AM

712 posts, read 1,367,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chin_Muzik_NJ View Post
The reason why these types of propaganda stunts are useless is.....

It's impossible to have any kind of control or rigidity. It's all anecdotal and therefore.....trash.

You can't use the same subject that saw the white or black person...it has to be two different people with two different perceptions

/thread
Americans are extremely racist. Especially whites lets be real here.

Old 02-20-2014, 10:22 AM

2,776 posts, read 3,596,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
That word is key there. Ive worked with and met a lot of black individuals that are actually from other countries, unlike the ones that go around touting how they are African American. And they mostly seem to be completely different than American born blacks, in a good way. They largely dont have this sense of victimhood or entitlement.

"African Americans" sure could learn a few things from other people of color who come here from other countries, and not just black people, but other races as well.
Yep, I've had the pleasure of working with Africans from myriad nations over there; one must work very hard to keep up with them and not look bad.

While a black American co-worker will doom you to pick up their slack because they're too lazy to do anything.

Old 02-20-2014, 10:22 AM

4,520 posts, read 4,210,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
lol!

yeah, there was never a single incident of violence in africa before wicked ol' whitey showed up.
not so much as a cheek-slap.
Perhaps so, but the main beef is gun violence, right?

Old 02-20-2014, 10:23 AM

10,581 posts, read 9,787,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I don't care what the statistics say about Black crime.
This tendency to bury your head in the sand, rather than solve the real problem, is why you have a problem.

As I said, there's nothing I can do to help you with it, besides give the advice I already gave.

Old 02-20-2014, 10:25 AM

4,520 posts, read 4,210,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aedubber View Post
We could say the same for black people as well. Majority of crimes and people getting busted are black i should say for you then. I am sure there are other races that get away with things so lets step out of the box a little bit here.
Well, duh, because we are scrutinized more! We are pulled over more, questioned more, called the police on more, etc. Your statement actually proves my point. Blacks get busted because the cops are called. White criminals don't get busted because they are given the benefit of the doubt and not presumed to be up to no good (when in fact, they are).

Old 02-20-2014, 10:41 AM

9,189 posts, read 7,603,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
LOL. Racists' love of Africans is so funny to me. We sure could've used that love 300 years ago!
Yeah. And the one so called "lazy" African American is proof in his warped mind that ALL African American workers are lazy.

Heck, I've worked over 32 years and have seen plenty of lazy caucasian workers... but I don't go around labeling all caucasians as lazy. The ones that are, they get away with it way longer than if they were a minority. I'm not saying that it isn't fair but it is what it is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies