Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-27-2014, 09:38 AM

7,605 posts, read 4,846,404 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
He didn't say it was a "den of Marxism." He said a hotbed of anti-colonialism and anti-Americanism, which it was.
You just have to love the anti-colonialism assertion! Are there a lot of Americans who are pro-colonialism?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2014, 09:39 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,740,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
do you subscribe to any of the birther beliefs?
No, I have not paid attention to birther claims. I have paid attention to his actions and they do not seem American.

Old 02-27-2014, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
This is such meaningless gobbledygook. Typical of one of Obama's speeches. Full of words and pretty sounding phrases that mean absolutely nothing.

But get this part: "from the shock of the Asian financial crisis in the ‘90s, to the millions lifted out of poverty because of increased trade and commerce."

OMG, is he lauding Capitalism???
Oh I agree. Obamas words mean nothing to me or to the world, remember the red line, of course Putin had to bail him out? In fact if he says it I believe the opposite.

"if you like your healthcare you can keep your healthcare period"

Old 02-27-2014, 09:41 AM

89,029 posts, read 44,840,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamSmyth View Post
Trinity UCC does not spew hatred towards whites, nor does it separate themselves from white society or hate America.
Blatantly false, by Rev. Wright's own admission:
//www.city-data.com/forum/33380448-post234.html

Take your blinders off...

Old 02-27-2014, 09:44 AM

20,892 posts, read 16,080,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
No, I have not paid attention to birther claims. I have paid attention to his actions and they do not seem American.
Not to smart people.

Old 02-27-2014, 09:51 AM

7,605 posts, read 4,846,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Blatantly false, by Rev. Wright's own admission:
//www.city-data.com/forum/33380448-post234.html

Take your blinders off...
From you link, as I have pointed out previously this is not an accurate quote.
A few more quotes from Cone...

"To be black is to be committed to destroying everything this country loves and adores."
"Black theology will accept only a love of God which participates in the destruction of the white enemy."

So Rev. Wright and Trinity UCC demonstrated their blanket hatred of whites, desire to separate from whites and their goal of destroy whites by remaining in the 90%+ white UCC for 50 years, actively participating at the regional and denomination level and voluntarily donating hundreds of thousands of dollars to the activities of the white dominated denomination.

I'm not the one with blinders on.

Old 02-27-2014, 09:51 AM

26,585 posts, read 14,449,955 times
Quote:
No, I have not paid attention to birther claims.
yet you were able to recite two long standing birther myths verbatim ( that his records are "sealed" and that his name was changed from "barry soetoro" ).

that takes talent.

Old 02-27-2014, 09:55 AM

89,029 posts, read 44,840,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamSmyth View Post
So Rev. Wright and Trinity UCC demonstrated their blanket hatred of whites, desire to separate from whites and their goal of destroy whites by remaining in the 90%+ white UCC for 50 years, actively participating at the regional and denomination level and voluntarily donating hundreds of thousands of dollars to the activities of the white dominated denomination.
Proof that any of the bolded text ever happened?

Would also appreciate any proof you can summon that the UCC supports Cone's racist rhetoric. You know, the same Cone racist rhetoric on which Rev. Wright himself specifically states Trinity UCC is BASED on.

Old 02-27-2014, 10:01 AM

947 posts, read 1,464,726 times
Quote:
Oh I agree. Obamas words mean nothing to me or to the world, remember the red line, of course Putin had to bail him out? In fact if he says it I believe the opposite.

"if you like your healthcare you can keep your healthcare period"
Yeah and if the insurance companies weren't going to cancel those plans anyway you would have kept them.

See the insurance companies are the ones playing you for a fool. Those plans were crap and would never have done anything for you anyway and the moment you tried to use them they would have cancelled them as people often found out. Hence when the ACA was implemented the insurance companies cancelled the plans wholesale instead of when people tried to use them as was previously done.

Putin didn't have to bail out Obama. It was Obama that bailed out the Russians and Chinese because the Russians and Chinese were the ones that were looking like they were supporting a Middle Eastern Hitler and getting the rest of the world enraged at the Russians and Chinese while Obama offered a way out namely for Syria to get rid of chemical weapon stockpiles. The Russians and Chinese told the Syrians to agree to that otherwise the Russians and Chinese would have to agree to a UN invasion of Syria which would have made the Russians lose their only port outside of Russia and the Chinese lose big in the middle east.

Old 02-27-2014, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
yet you were able to recite two long standing birther myths verbatim ( that his records are "sealed" and that his name was changed from "barry soetoro" ).

that takes talent.
As a child in Indonesia, Obama was called "Barry", sometimes Barry Soetoro, reflecting his step-father's surname, and sometimes Barry Obama, using his own surname. Sounds like Obama didn't even know what to call himself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies