Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-05-2014, 12:09 PM

59,106 posts, read 27,330,758 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
It is among my greatest virtues.

Assumes facts not in evidence. Were that actually happening, I would oppose it.

Nonsense. This is all about Issa's affection for fake scandals over political substance and governance.
IF it is fake as you claim WHY did Lerner ADMIT singling out conservative groups in her speech which started this whole mess?

Why did Obama admit the same?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2014, 12:11 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,128,317 times
Quote:
And yet, taking the 5th in front of hostile congressional hearings is a tradition more than 200 years old, as is Congress offering immunity to get around it. Are we all to suddenly fall on our knees in front of your brilliant (if idiosyncratic) legal reasoning and pretend that, were you to actually have a point, no member of Congress, no Constitutional lawyer, no judge or justice at any level of the judiciary ever noticed?
I dont recall anyone suggesting she shouldnt be able to take the 5th, you are avoiding the discussion about WHY she would need immunity like the plague.. WHY?
Quote:
How would I know if she needs it at all?
So when you've been babbling non stop about how she doesnt need it, you now admit you really dont know what the heck you're talking about? We knew that from your first reply here..
Quote:
As far as I can tell Issa is the only one who needs it. Without it, she's not testifying.

This is not rocket science.
The thread is about Lerner..

Old 03-05-2014, 12:11 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,222,338 times
These actions do much harm to the country. We must be able to have faith that something like the IRS is not being used for political means and her actions here call that into question.

Old 03-05-2014, 12:12 PM

1,634 posts, read 1,210,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
She also said she was in fear for her life if she testified. She states she already got threats. Hmmmm. Anyone wonder where the threats came from? I have an idea.
I'm sure the CD statists are going to offer her a box of tin foil....because such a scenario can NEVER happen

Old 03-05-2014, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
Since when do you need immunity if you did nothing wrong?

And how are people supposed to believe her when she refuses to speak without immunity and some emails are being withheld?

And why did this wench ask for a week to prepare and then say she isnt going to speak?
I think she is as guilty as sin. However she DOES have the RIGHT to plead the 5th.

I wish there was some way that gov't workers could be made to testify when they are involved in gov't business.

Unfortunately I am also convinced it would be somehow abused.

By the way, there is NO need for juvenile name calling. It makes YOU look as bad as she does.

Old 03-05-2014, 12:17 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,083,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
What prejudice?
You are not an unknown quantity hear Pittsburgh. You actually have a paper trail.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest
Stating a FACT that immunity isnt needed unless there are criminal acts? I'm sorry facts are so hard for you to swallow...
Has Issa committed a crime? Because he is the only one here who needs immunity. Lerhner doesn't need it. She already has the Constitution.

Quote:
If you dont care, why are you responding?
It's called "rhetoric." Look it up.

Quote:
I didnt see their name anywhere until you brought it up.
LOL... other than OP you mean? Where he's mentioned at least three times?

Quote:
Trolling is a tos violation.
So is calling someone a troll when they are merely embarrassing you in the thread.

Old 03-05-2014, 12:20 PM

Quote:
I would suggest that she probably cares not one whit whether or not you believe her.
Oh, I think she cares a great bit about what the public thinks of her.

As long as she doesn't testify, she can claim her innocence and will be supported by a certain amount of the public. IF she testifies completely and truthfully she can no longer hide and she and will be tarnished for life and her family will have to face the embarrassment.

Old 03-05-2014, 12:21 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,128,317 times
Quote:
You are not an unknown quantity hear Pittsburgh. You actually have a paper trail.
I'm not the topic of the thread either. Why are you having a hard time staying focused on what the thread is about?
Quote:
Has Issa committed a crime? Because he is the only one here who needs immunity. Lerhner doesn't need it. She already has the Constitution.
And yet their asking for something you claim isnt needed. How do you know more about what they need than they do?
Quote:
It's called "rhetoric." Look it up.
Its called not having a good response so you babble some crap and hope no one notices
Quote:
LOL... other than OP you mean? Where he's mentioned at least three times?
This thread is about Lerner pleading the 5th and the need for immunity.
Quote:
So is calling someone a troll when they are merely embarrassing you in the thread.
if only you were.. If fact you've gone around around and around the topic but wont discuss it..

Old 03-05-2014, 12:23 PM

7,444 posts, read 7,019,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
Lerner pleads the Fifth, Issa adjourns divisive hearing | The Daily Caller

Clearly, if she has been asking for immunity, she is guilty of something. You dont plead the 5th and ask for immunity if you have nothing to hide, if you arent trying to be a coward and cover your own behind.

And why is it the IRS is getting away with refusing to release all her emails?

Where is Obama? Did he not tell the entire country that he wants to get to the truth? So where is he calling for the release of all information being requested? Where is he calling out Lerner? He doesnt want the truth out, because knows damn well what it is.

I am so fed up with our government. When they arent wasting money, they are pulling crap like this, keeping the truth on various things from getting out to the public. They continually cover up for people, in an effort to not hold people accountable.

And shame on you liberals who are perfectly okay with this. You should not give one damn who is in office right now. You, as AMERICANS, should want to know the truth. You should want accountability. What is to stop them from doing this to you, should corrupt folks on the other side of you aisle get in these positions?
What did Obama tell O'Reilly, there's not even a smidgen of a scandal? Someone tell Lerner and her lawyer.

Old 03-05-2014, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
So, she should answer "Captain Kangaroo" Issa's questions? Why would that be?
Ah, some people think they are soooo cute and smart!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies