Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-05-2014, 12:50 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,772,037 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
Lerner pleads the Fifth, Issa adjourns divisive hearing | The Daily Caller

Clearly, if she has been asking for immunity, she is guilty of something. You dont plead the 5th and ask for immunity if you have nothing to hide, if you arent trying to be a coward and cover your own behind.

And why is it the IRS is getting away with refusing to release all her emails?

Where is Obama? Did he not tell the entire country that he wants to get to the truth? So where is he calling for the release of all information being requested? Where is he calling out Lerner? He doesnt want the truth out, because knows damn well what it is.

I am so fed up with our government. When they arent wasting money, they are pulling crap like this, keeping the truth on various things from getting out to the public. They continually cover up for people, in an effort to not hold people accountable.

And shame on you liberals who are perfectly okay with this. You should not give one damn who is in office right now. You, as AMERICANS, should want to know the truth. You should want accountability. What is to stop them from doing this to you, should corrupt folks on the other side of you aisle get in these positions?
Why the heck did she agree to testify again? What a waste of tax payers money!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

69,368 posts, read 64,128,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
Your failure to comprehend what I write is, at this point, entirely your problem not mine.
Oh I very well understand the circle you're running around in.. its comical
Quote:
Issa needs to offer her immunity if he really wants her to testify. He doesn't really seem all that anxious to make that happen.
Once againm, you fail to comprehend whats being written, this thread is about LERNER and HER need to plead the 5th and ASK for immunity. If you claim Issa needs to guarantee Lerner wont be prosecuted then this means you are ADMITTING there is something to be prosecuted for...
Quote:
I know exactly what I'm talking about. My declining to chase your red herring only puts a finer point on that simple truth.
We have all seen you run around and admit that Issa needs to offer Lerner a guarantee there will be no prosecution in regards to crimes that will be admitted to.
Quote:
What about her? Is it about her hair color? Is it about her shoes?

No... it's about her testimony in front of Issa's committee.

Or more specifically, her Constitutional right to not testify.
never claimed she didnt have a right to refuse to testify.. Hell, my first response here indicated thats true. please attempt to follow the thread.

20,892 posts, read 16,083,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
If she does not need immunity, why has her lawyer been negotiating for immunity for her for the past 6 months?
Because neither Lerhner nor her lawyer are blithering idiots. And only a blithering idiot wold testify in front of a hostile Congressional committee (especially one run by Issa) without immunity.

Old 03-05-2014, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Why the heck did she agree to testify again? What a waste of tax payers money!!!
Members of congress are paid regardless of them conducting hearings, or if they were on a vacation..

Old 03-05-2014, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
LIE.

Conservatives were targeted to DELAY tax exemption status, liberals were AUDITED AFTER they received their tax exemption status, which is the normal process.
You really, really have to stop making stuff up.

Old 03-05-2014, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Huh?

What Constitution have you been reading?

What section of the Constitution gives Congress the authority to prosecute..
Quote:
You really, really have to stop making stuff up.
Or you need to stop making a fool of yourself and saying things that are dumb and wrong.

Old 03-05-2014, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
Lol

I cannot even take you seriously anymore after this comment.
Oh. I'm so hurt.

Old 03-05-2014, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Because neither Lerhner nor her lawyer are blithering idiots. And only a blithering idiot wold testify in front of a hostile Congressional committee (especially one run by Issa) without immunity.
Only someone testifying about crimes, would need immunity.

.Hillary Clinton Testifies Before Congress | Video - ABC News

yes, Hillary, and lots of Democrats are now, according to you, blithering idiots..

Old 03-05-2014, 12:54 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,825,905 times
Quote:
Oh. I'm so hurt.
I see all these other people agreeing with yo... Oh wait, never mind.

Old 03-05-2014, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Oh I very well understand the circle you're running around in.. its comical
And yet, I'm the one cracking jokes while you're the one being all angry and butt hurt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest
Once againm, you fail to comprehend whats being written, this thread is about LERNER and HER need to plead the 5th and ASK for immunity. If you claim Issa needs to guarantee Lerner wont be prosecuted then this means you are ADMITTING there is something to be prosecuted for...
Don't be stupid. If you want to argue with me, argue with what I say and not the voices in your own head.

And while you're at it, look up "admitting" in the dictionary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest
We have all seen you run around and admit that Issa needs to offer Lerner a guarantee there will be no prosecution in regards to crimes that will be admitted to.
I've never said anything close. I have said that Issa needs to offer it to get her testimony. This is true regardless of whether or not there was a crime committed by anybody.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies