Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-05-2014, 12:59 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,085,613 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
What section of the Constitution gives Congress the authority to prosecute...
Nice dodge. Read all about it:

https://www.fas.org/sgp/crs/misc/RL34097.pdf

Congressional Immunity Grants and Separation of Powers: Legislative Vetoes of Federal Prosecutions by Hanah M. Volokh :: SSRN

http://digitalcommons.law.lsu.edu/cg...context=lalrev
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2014, 12:59 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,135,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
And yet, I'm the one cracking jokes while you're the one being all angry and butt hurt.
haha, I'm laughing my ass at you for running around in circles claiming immunity isnt needed because no crime has been committed, but immunity is needed to testify about those crimes that werent cimmitted..
Quote:
Don't be stupid. If you want to argue with me, argue with what I say and not the voices in your own head.
Why would I do that? YOUR the one running around claiming that people hate the constitution and crap for not wanting to give someone immunity..
Quote:
And while you're at it, look up "admitting" in the dictionary.
I did, it linked directly to your threads admitting immunity is needed which could only be true if something is going to be admitted to need immunity from..
Quote:
I've never said anything close. I have said that Issa needs to offer it to get her testimony. This is true regardless of whether or not there was a crime committed by anybody.
Why would immunity be needed against something that didnt take place?

Old 03-05-2014, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Only someone testifying about crimes, would need immunity.
You keep thinking that if it makes you feel better.

Old 03-05-2014, 01:01 PM

You are now changing the topic.. I didnt ask about their ability to protect from prosecution, I asked about their powers to prosecute.. Completely opposite.. I'm embarassed for you

Old 03-05-2014, 01:01 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,717,554 times
Quote:
Gosh, another right winger that has no idea how that actual works and who cannot even read a calendar.

Gosh another left winger babbling and deflecting without understanding what they are talking about.

Old 03-05-2014, 01:02 PM

Quote:
You keep thinking that if it makes you feel better.
ok I'll bite, just for the humor..

What else, other than a crime, is immunity good for

Old 03-05-2014, 01:02 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,750,585 times
She wouldn't not ned to claim the 5th if she was not guilty. She is also trying to hide who else is involved. And we are paying her to do it.

Old 03-05-2014, 01:04 PM

Quote:
haha, I'm laughing my ass at you for running around in circles claiming immunity isnt needed because no crime has been committed, but immunity is needed to testify about those crimes that werent cimmitted..
Then you are laughing at a figment of your imagination. I have made neither of those statements. You know... hearing voices in your head is not a sign of perfect mental well being.

I have said that she does not immunity at all. She already has the Constitution. This is true regardless of whether or not any crimes have been committed.

I have also said that Issa needs to offer her immunity if he wants to get around the Constitution. This is also true regardless of whether or not any crimes have been committed.

Again... this is not rocket science.

Old 03-05-2014, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
She wouldn't not ned to claim the 5th if she was not guilty. She is also trying to hide who else is involved. And we are paying her to do it.
Again, thats not true, but she wouldnt need immunity, if a crime didnt exist..

They arent the same, but historybabble wants to pretend it is in order to detract from the thread.

Old 03-05-2014, 01:05 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,074,696 times
Quote:
Let's pretend for a second that number is true (although its source should give us no confidence i that regard). It could mean many things... among them is that 83% of the groups that deserved under the law to be affected were conservative.
We don't have to pretend, here's the letter from the IG clarifying his testimony. If 100% of the the groups with "tea party" in their name deserve scrutiny then certainly 100% of the groups with "progressive" in their name need to be scrutinized.
Quote:

http://waysandmeans.house.gov/upload...in_6.26.13.pdf

Based on the information you flagged regarding the existence of a "Progressives"
entry on BOLO lists, TIGTA performed additional research which determined that
six tax-exempt applications filed between May 2010 and May 2012 having the words
"progress" or "progressive" in their names were included in the 298 cases the IRS
identified as potential political cases. We also determined that 14 tax-exempt
applications filed between May 2010 and May 2012 using the words "progress" or
"progressive" in their names were not referred for added scrutiny as potential political
cases. In total, 30 percent of the organizations we identified with the words "progress"
or "progressive" in their names were processed as potential political cases. In
comparison, our audit found that 100 percent of the tax-exempt applications with Tea
Party, Patriots, or 9/12 in their names were processed as potential political cases
during
the timeframe of our audit.
After reading that letter if you are still going to try and defend the IRS the only conclusion one can draw is you have your head buried in the sand.

The **** is going to hit the fan, there is no if, only when.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies