Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-09-2014, 10:34 PM

31,214 posts, read 22,229,434 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
Since when does the Obama cheerleading squad care about keeping Presidents from crossing lines?

Answer: When it can be politicized to attack Republicans.
It's amazing when no one makes a stink about Obamas drone attacks and the Collateral damage it has caused. With children being killed I'm surprised that O supporters are ok with it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2014, 11:44 PM

29,627 posts, read 16,635,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rggr View Post
Did you learn anything different? Can you quantify the benefit of rehashing information that was already known? Nobody has done that. They've made vague statements that because it was released (again) it won't happen again. Why? Show something and the benefit. Multiple countries that we have considered allies, and our own people, have said it's harmful in the way of sparking violence (as evidenced by a cartoon and the "video') and said it will cost lives. Unless you can argue for a clear benefit that outweighs the violence, it can only be considered reckless and political - though we can smile upon the death from our soapbox.
there is no clear benefit, but if it hadnt been released people would have claimed the Obama administration was doing the same old thing.

6 years ago, when the investigation was started, the Intelligence committee was in favor of this 14-1 , now it has become a partisan issue for some reason.

Old 12-10-2014, 12:23 AM

14,916 posts, read 13,131,116 times
Is there anything about Attorney General John ******** in the report?

And why is ******** censored on here?

Old 12-10-2014, 12:37 AM

1,701 posts, read 1,110,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
there is no clear benefit, but if it hadnt been released people would have claimed the Obama administration was doing the same old thing.
This biased report covers CIA activity during the Bush administration from 2001 to 2009, when the torture was stopped. IMO, this report is nothing more than an attack on a republican administration. What people do know is that Obama has released TERRORISTS and is doing everything he can to release the remaining detainees, INCLUDING terrorists.

And don't be fooled into thinking that Obama hasn't used the CIA, or any other alphabet agency, illegally to serve his agenda, such as the DOJ and IRS.

Maybe one day we will learn more about Obama's dirty hidden secrets.

Old 12-10-2014, 03:26 AM

2,385 posts, read 1,592,253 times
"I'm really good at killing people" - Barrack Obama

Obama brag, in new book: I

Old 12-10-2014, 03:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snuffster View Post
I do not care what terrorists went through. I don't care if they had water poured on their faces, I don't care if they lost sleep or were scared they might die. Boo, hoo, hoo. If you do care then you hate America.
I do care and I love America.

However I'm disgusted by the thought that I have to live in the country with people like you.

Old 12-10-2014, 03:42 AM

6,193 posts, read 5,380,618 times
Feinstein should be required to attend the funerals and face the families of the people she condemned to death by her actions.

Because terrorism won't end until WE end it.

Old 12-10-2014, 03:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
Terrorists and other countries hate us, b/c of this and other terrible things Americans do.....your government wants you to believe we are patriotic, and all red white and blue.
War is a terrible thing....what does everyone think, we didn't torture people???? Are you nuts, especially after 911?

I just cannot believe how stupid Americans are, and how trusting we are, it's insane?
This is nothing new. In order to keep peace inside you have to create enemies on the outside. Same happened in Nazi Germany.

Old 12-10-2014, 03:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrench409 View Post
Feinstein should be required to attend the funerals and face the families of the people she condemned to death by her actions.

Because terrorism won't end until WE end it.
Totally agree.

Old 12-10-2014, 04:04 AM

26,638 posts, read 15,195,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Oh noes! The republicans don't want this politicized!

People should have been charged over this stuff. People should be in prison.
So if the next administration continued rendition - where we fly prisoners to other countries to be tortured and interrogated by our "allies". After all, only a sheep would think it was okay to say torture is bad and we don't do it, while directly facilitating torture to happen through these flights.

We wouldn't want to politicize it, right?

I am sure you proudly stand up and call this administration criminals and ask for people to be behind bars.

St. Pete for Peace - Obama fact sheet

Obama Lets CIA Keep Controversial Renditions Tool | Common Dreams | Breaking News & Views for the Progressive Community

Obama Administration Maintains Bush Position on ‘Extraordinary Rendition’ Lawsuit - ABC News

Bush's Rendition Program Remains Unchecked | Common Dreams | Breaking News & Views for the Progressive Community

Renditions continue under Obama, despite due-process concerns - The Washington Post

Obama Administration Interrogating Terror Suspects Locked Up Abroad (Again) | Mother Jones

Obama Extraordinary Rendition

Six Reasons the “Dark Side” Still Exists Under Obama | Criminal Justice | FRONTLINE | PBS

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/...ure-bush-obama

http://www.truth-out.org/news/item/2...nite-detention

Stand with greywar, who is not being political and demand that Bush and Obama war criminals be brought to justice!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies