Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-10-2014, 07:12 AM

23,608 posts, read 17,290,733 times

Advertisements

This is rich, the guy who claimed executive privelege for emails from fast and furious and is complicit in releasing a partisan 40 million $$ summary that endangers and alienaties allies and the CIA.

the term, ' torture' is a legal definition that the media and dems use to stir viewers individual image of torture. Some are thinking fingernails being pulled while it might mean sleep deprivation.

Forget the power of the video that resulted in Benghazi, Obama is rattling terrorist cages and encourgaing them to act, just in case they didn't hear about the video.

Not to worry, this was all done under GWB.... did you hear me? I said this was done under GWB. Hello, I said this was done under GWB!!! Are you listening? Oh, who you goning to vote for in 2016 after knowing this was done under GWB?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2014, 07:24 AM

9,879 posts, read 8,032,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Buy a ticket and leave. We don't need foreigners who are ashamed to be one of us.
We don't need folks with blind patriotism either.
But I wouldn't want them to leave...because having your own opinion and voicing it, IS the American Way

Old 12-10-2014, 07:25 AM

20,495 posts, read 12,417,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlandochuck1 View Post
It took less than 12 hours for my prediction to come true...
you are absolutly right.

This is all politics all the time. Its disgusting.

The same people that were all a flutter about the outting of Vallery Plame (who was NOT covert, nor covered by laws on the subject) are just peachy with the release of a report that outs all kinds of national security information, might expose covert operators, exposes American Allies and puts Americans in danger.

but hey, being mad before drove their politiical agenda. NOT being mad now drives their political agenda.

Old 12-10-2014, 07:31 AM

28,971 posts, read 30,339,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
you are absolutly right.

This is all politics all the time. Its disgusting.

The same people that were all a flutter about the outting of Vallery Plame (who was NOT covert, nor covered by laws on the subject) are just peachy with the release of a report that outs all kinds of national security information, might expose covert operators, exposes American Allies and puts Americans in danger.

but hey, being mad before drove their politiical agenda. NOT being mad now drives their political agenda.
this had been an issue, back when Bush was in office, and now once again, they bring it out....
so yeah, this is strictly politics, and only about votes....and yet, here we are again, at each other throats, just like they want it....what scared them is the fact that Obama is such an unpopular president, and that the Republicans won the last vote, so now, they have to come up with this, so that people forget all about the other stuff Obama did, and it was the same way when Bush was in office, when are people going to wake up...WE SHOULD ALL STOP, DEFENDING INCOMPETENCE AND CORRUPT POLITICIANS.

Old 12-10-2014, 07:38 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,731,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
this had been an issue, back when Bush was in office, and now once again, they bring it out....
so yeah, this is strictly politics, and only about votes.....
It's about a month late to bring in any votes. Either that, or its about 2 years too early. Think about it.

Old 12-10-2014, 07:50 AM

11,762 posts, read 14,681,526 times
The shortest summary I can provide goes like this: everything we said about torture by the Bush administration was true, and everything they said about torture was a lie.

They did it all the time, without regard to need.
It didn't work.
Other, non-torture approaches to interrogation did work.

We've been talking about torture by the Bush administration for almost the entire nine years we've been here, so it's almost hard to believe there is anything new to say about it, but that's just not true. Mother Jones and other sources have reported on new outrages that none of us would have anticipated.

For example:

The CIA used previously unreported tactics, including "rectal feeding" of detainees (p. 100, footnote 584):

The administration spokespeople, including now federal judge Jay Bybee, lied to Congress about the nature and effectiveness of the torture program.

At least one detainee died of hypothermia after being held in cold temperatures shackled to a concrete floor. And George Tenet directly lied about it when he was asked on 60 Minutes.

As I say, you should read as much as you can about this, and I guarantee that you will be shocked.

The fact remains: we were right, and everyone working for Bush lied about everything they said.

Green Mountain Daily:: Torture, finally

Old 12-10-2014, 07:52 AM

28,971 posts, read 30,339,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
It's about a month late to bring in any votes. Either that, or its about 2 years too early. Think about it.
I have thought about it, and the games have begun Finn, they are already talking about who is running...and have been...2 more years is not a long time, and b/c Obama is on a down slide, they had to do something to dirty the conservatives....its so obvious....so obvious....it's like, "Let the games begin!" and if it were a conservative President, it would be the very same, it never ends....politics have become our life blood, it strangely has come to define who we are, and they've got us at each other's throats, yet, when it comes down to it, both sides are responsible and both sides are corrupt, they've all done it before, but, they want to retain who is presently in there.

Why do you think the Conservatives come out and say, they are breaching American lives....? I mean do they have any idea how stupid they sound? How America must lack in its security?

And the dems....when this was all bought out before while Bush was President, they bring this all up again, but now tell much worse stories, why? Cause and effect....

I'm refusing to vote, and am sick of corrupt politicians....they are sickening and Americans are worse then gullible...to buy all this bull poop

Old 12-10-2014, 07:54 AM

1,632 posts, read 1,852,844 times
Well I guess this just means that another big terrorist attack is in the works for the US , so we had to come up with an excuse like releasing this info to be able to blame it on GWB , so poor Obama will get even more sympathy , it's all just very strange timing

Old 12-10-2014, 07:57 AM

11,046 posts, read 5,287,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post

Why do you think the Conservatives come out and say, they are breaching American lives....? I mean do they have any idea how stupid they sound? How America must lack in its security?

Democrats are breaching American lives.....read the report, it names names and this was political and the American Tax payer got a 40 million dollar bill.

If the democrats believe the CIA committed torture and violated the law then hand down indictments and make arrests and lets have a public court over the charges but who are they kidding? they won't do nothing about their own report, its all POLITICAL!

Old 12-10-2014, 07:57 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,865,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
It's amazing when no one makes a stink about Obamas drone attacks and the Collateral damage it has caused. With children being killed I'm surprised that O supporters are ok with it.
Again, why hasn't John Boehner called congressional hearing about these drone killings instead of beating the dead horse Benghazi time and time again?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies