Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2014, 02:36 PM

89,060 posts, read 44,877,895 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad3 View Post
Your source is not the IRS, your source is the taxfoundation.org.
Which links as its source... wait for it... the IRS.

Here's the IRS's data:
http://www.irs.gov/uac/SOI-Tax-Stats...omplete-Report)

Prove The Tax Foundation wrong, Chad. Show your work.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2014, 02:44 PM

89,060 posts, read 44,877,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chad3 View Post
They use (9) brackets to detail the top 50% of Americans. And they use (1) bracket to detail the bottom 50% of Americans.
That's because the bottom 50% pay little to no federal income tax, and it actually is a matter of fact that the bottom 40% have a NEGATIVE effective federal income tax rate. That is, they get more money FROM the federal government in the form of refundable tax credits than they have paid in federal income tax.
Budget Explainer: How Much Do Americans Pay in Federal Taxes? | pgpf.org

How do you not know that, Chad? Don't the left-wing liars tell you that? Or do they keep their voter base stupid and uninformed, and agitate them with purposely deceptive manipulative propaganda?

Old 04-17-2014, 02:50 PM

32,027 posts, read 36,813,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grsz11 View Post
Better not tell your fellow righties. They'll be on you calling you a leech and a welfare queen.
There are plenty of people on the right who pay little or no income tax.

As long as they are following the law I don't see a problem with that. And it certainly doesn't mean they can't complain about other people not paying any tax.

Old 04-17-2014, 02:52 PM

19,654 posts, read 12,244,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Um, FAIL..

I love the code.. its left wing kooks who keep whining about people not paying their fair share..

I've stated as such NUMEROUS times through the thread, and elsewhere, and have for YEARS since joining the site..

Once again, its left wing kooks who continue to make excuses for people not paying something, even to the point of justifying americans getting refunds who paid ZERO, while whining that others who do pay, dont pay enough..
It's kooky that you get free medical insurance on the backs of taxpayers who pay, when you are just manipulating your income to avoid contributing anything. Maybe your arguments could be take seriously if you paid into the system yourself. Why not arrange it so your tax is minimal, but you pay something, like you have stated Numerous times for years. You are lucky to be living in the US. So stop complaining about non payers and welfare while taking freebie Medicaid which is welfare insurance.

I want everyone to pay as well, but I also pay. I take fair deductions but I'm not manipulating the system so I pay nothing. That is just wrong, regardless of how stupid and convoluted the tax code is, it's an ethical and moral issue.

Old 04-17-2014, 02:58 PM

19,654 posts, read 12,244,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
There are plenty of people on the right who pay little or no income tax.

As long as they are following the law I don't see a problem with that. And it certainly doesn't mean they can't complain about other people not paying any tax.
No, if you pay no tax you have no business complaining that other people pay no tax. Why would you, it's not even rational.

Old 04-17-2014, 03:00 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,359,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
It's kooky that you get free medical insurance on the backs of taxpayers who pay, when you are just manipulating your income to avoid contributing anything. Maybe your arguments could be take seriously if you paid into the system yourself. Why not arrange it so your tax is minimal, but you pay something, like you have stated Numerous times for years. You are lucky to be living in the US. So stop complaining about non payers and welfare while taking freebie Medicaid which is welfare insurance.

I want everyone to pay as well, but I also pay. I take fair deductions but I'm not manipulating the system so I pay nothing. That is just wrong, regardless of how stupid and convoluted the tax code is, it's an ethical and moral issue.
Medicaid based on income and not assets if a new thing under the ACA expansions.

Putting the money back in the system rather than giving to the government to waste is not manipulating the system....it is how the system is designed to work.

Old 04-17-2014, 03:19 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,143,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Think4Yourself View Post
I doubt that is true and I'm going to guess there is a reason employers don't think you're worth any more. Probably a very good reason since they all seem to agree.
I havent worked for another individual in 13 years..

Old 04-17-2014, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJboutit View Post
If you have tracked the op over the last 2 yrs or so this is nothing new but a fing joke the op eats and sleep Faux Snooze and Rush
If you tracked my postings over the last several years, you'd know I dont have cable and cant even watch Fox news.. but good job at hatin.. Thats all you seem to be able to do when you cant discuss the issues

Old 04-17-2014, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
No, if you pay no tax you have no business complaining that other people pay no tax. Why would you, it's not even rational.
That would consist of more than 1/2 the nation, + even more who pay something, but very little, complaining about others who pay most of the taxes in this country, and then suggesting they dont pay enough..

cough.. most liberals

Old 04-17-2014, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
That's because the bottom 50% pay little to no federal income tax, and it actually is a matter of fact that the bottom 40% have a NEGATIVE effective federal income tax rate. That is, they get more money FROM the federal government in the form of refundable tax credits than they have paid in federal income tax.
Budget Explainer: How Much Do Americans Pay in Federal Taxes? | pgpf.org

How do you not know that, Chad? Don't the left-wing liars tell you that? Or do they keep their voter base stupid and uninformed, and agitate them with purposely deceptive manipulative propaganda?
Especially given the fact tht the whole point of the thread was that the bottom 1/2 pay nothing, i find it odd that someone would comment on the thread and not understand what its about..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies