Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-17-2014, 08:43 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,334,167 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
left-leaning individuals on this board have been clear that taxes on wealth need to be established

yes, it is true that the democratic politicians can't tell the difference between wealth and income. but for voters what's the alternative? Republicans act like the ultra-wealthy are persecuted or something.
This.....I see you as left leaning.

BTW.....my post was far from an attack......just an observation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2014, 08:53 AM

19,613 posts, read 12,212,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
I really wish posters like you would LEARN the tax code.

At times I am embarrassed for you.
??? LOL. This is ridiculous. OP doesn't pay taxes and blames the code. Then says he won't pay because he doesn't like code.

Everyone should have to pay something, even a few dollars. Making a point by conforming with the stupidity is just going along with the "tax code" as approval.

Old 04-17-2014, 08:56 AM

33,016 posts, read 27,448,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
All you did was find an excuse for them not to contribute to society.

All I did was find an excuse for who not to contribute to society?

Old 04-17-2014, 08:56 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,090,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
??? LOL. This is ridiculous. OP doesn't pay taxes and blames the code. Then says he won't pay because he doesn't like code.
Um, FAIL..

I love the code.. its left wing kooks who keep whining about people not paying their fair share..
Quote:
Everyone should have to pay something, even a few dollars. Making a point by conforming with the stupidity is just going along with the "tax code" as approval.
I've stated as such NUMEROUS times through the thread, and elsewhere, and have for YEARS since joining the site..

Once again, its left wing kooks who continue to make excuses for people not paying something, even to the point of justifying americans getting refunds who paid ZERO, while whining that others who do pay, dont pay enough..

Old 04-17-2014, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
All I did was find an excuse for who not to contribute to society?
waaa, waaaa, waaa, they only earn $16K a year, they shouldnt contribute.

yes, you made excuses

Old 04-17-2014, 08:59 AM

Quote:

Let us say that is true.

I pay $100 in taxes...to the government......that doesn't have a clue where it went.

Or, I spend that $100 at my local store......that makes jobs...not only at the store but, right down to the farmer or, manufacture.....that makes more jobs....for people that spend.....and makes jobs.....

Old 04-17-2014, 09:04 AM

Quote:
And they also ignore that much of those expenses are subsidized. Someone earning $16K a year has the ability for reduced phone, reduced electric, and yes, should be sharing a place with a roomate who pays 1/2 the rent.

Its poor decisions, being encouraged by government which limites these individuals from moving up.

??? whereTF did you get the idea that someone earning $16K gets reduced phone and reduced electric?

Which is ironic since the childless poor and near-poor can't afford their own housing, and therefore don't qualify for reduced phone and electric.

Old 04-17-2014, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
Let us say that is true.

I pay $100 in taxes...to the government......that doesn't have a clue where it went.

Or, I spend that $100 at my local store......that makes jobs...not only at the store but, right down to the farmer or, manufacture.....that makes more jobs....for people that spend.....and makes jobs.....
Ahh see, but then comes the argument from the left that you are mean, and hateful and dont want to help the poor, because you arent spending that $100 at the local project store, thus creating jobs for them.

They think its so much better to take your $100 so others dont need to work, as if somehow that $100 spent on food stamps, will increase the economy in the project neighborhood, and thus allow them to prosper..

I'm waiting for an example of a town that prospers due to high welfare recipiants who live there.. They havent named one yet.

Old 04-17-2014, 09:07 AM

Quote:
waaa, waaaa, waaa, they only earn $16K a year, they shouldnt contribute.

yes, you made excuses

Wherever did you get that idea. and where did I say that?

A childless FT minimum wage earner pays more than $500/yr in FIT on income ~$15K. I'm not opposed to that.

Old 04-17-2014, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
??? whereTF did you get the idea that someone earning $16K gets reduced phone and reduced electric?

Which is ironic since the childless poor and near-poor can't afford their own housing, and therefore don't qualify for reduced phone and electric.
My guess free "Obama phones"....but, he did not start the programs......he just expanded it.

Energy programs are in all states but, differ.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies