Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2014, 04:07 AM

1,956 posts, read 3,637,941 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfman View Post
NO, not debunked, just denied!

Get a clue man! If rights are denied, for any reason, we are all at risk!!! Why would you knowingly side with tyranny? Dude, get a clue...please get a clue!
The accusation that Reid masterminded this whole fiasco because his son has ties to a Chinese solar energy company has absolutely no evidence behind it. It has been thoroughly debunked by a number of sites on both sides of the political spectrum.

But irrational people keep repeating it because it's what they're conditioned to believe and what they WANT to believe. So anything that challenges that view is immediately discarded as false because they've made up their minds to support a lie no matter how improbable it is.

Old 04-18-2014, 04:13 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,241,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesster View Post
The accusation that Reid masterminded this whole fiasco because his son has ties to a Chinese solar energy company has absolutely no evidence behind it. It has been thoroughly debunked by a number of sites on both sides of the political spectrum.
Even if not it points out how corrupt the Reid family is but yet people still defend and vote for them. The "public" land was negotiated down to a fraction of it's value to be sold to the Chinese. The turtles didn't seem to matter then.

Harry gets caught breaking the law (again) by giving his granddaughter campaign money and it's "oh well, that's the old corrupt Harry that we all love". This is the guy who runs the Senate. Over and over he has been involved in illegal activities and we still allow him to run the Senate.

Explain that one to me?

Old 04-18-2014, 04:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Even if not it points out how corrupt the Reid family is but yet people still defend and vote for them. The "public" land was negotiated down to a fraction of it's value to be sold to the Chinese. The turtles didn't seem to matter then.

Harry gets caught breaking the law (again) by giving his granddaughter campaign money and it's "oh well, that's the old corrupt Harry that we all love". This is the guy who runs the Senate. Over and over he has been involved in illegal activities and we still allow him to run the Senate.

Explain that one to me?
I'm not defending Reid. I'm defending the truth. If you're going to accuse someone of wrongdoing, at least make sure your accusation has some basis in fact. Repeating and trying to defend false accusations weakens truthful accusations. Ever heard of the boy who cried wolf?

Old 04-18-2014, 04:35 AM

Quote:
So where is your evidence for this claim? And I'm not talking about something you got from a kooky conspiracy site or pulled out of your ass. I want to see an actual report.

And for anyone else who is interested, here is a forensic pathology report on the bodies:

http://www.apologeticsindex.org/pdf/Graham.pdf

Out of the 64 deaths at the compound, only 26 of them could be directly attributed to firearms. 18 were undetermined, and the rest were caused by blunt or sharp trauma, fire injuries or smoke inhalation.

In spite of the fact that being shot in the head leaves a very obvious skull fracture that would show up as long as the bodies weren't totally burned to ashes, what do you suppose the odds are that Bideshi will either deny the report or call it part of a cover up?
So it would have been better to have arrested him when he went into town?

Old 04-18-2014, 04:36 AM

7,814 posts, read 6,397,212 times
They are sort of like terrorists in the sense that Obama backed down to them.

Old 04-18-2014, 04:44 AM

Quote:
I'm not defending Reid. I'm defending the truth. If you're going to accuse someone of wrongdoing, at least make sure your accusation has some basis in fact. Repeating and trying to defend false accusations weakens truthful accusations. Ever heard of the boy who cried wolf?
One has to ask.......everyone agree's that the turtle excuse was bogus. It was simply a reason to get ranchers off the land....so you want to know, who wanted them off the land and why?

Since everyone seems to agree that few things go on in Nevada like this without Reid being involved, why was it done?

Was this particular land part of a plan to sell it to someone else? Maybe you can tell me why Harry's son helped negotiate a deal to the Chinese for a fraction of it's worth? Why the lie about the turtles? How can the county sell lands that is suppose to be the federal governments? If not the federal governments why should someone pay them? Sounds like a "protection" racket.

Old 04-18-2014, 05:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
One has to ask.......everyone agree's that the turtle excuse was bogus. It was simply a reason to get ranchers off the land....so you want to know, who wanted them off the land and why?

Since everyone seems to agree that few things go on in Nevada like this without Reid being involved, why was it done?

Was this particular land part of a plan to sell it to someone else? Maybe you can tell me why Harry's son helped negotiate a deal to the Chinese for a fraction of it's worth? Why the lie about the turtles? How can the county sell lands that is suppose to be the federal governments? If not the federal governments why should someone pay them? Sounds like a "protection" racket.
If you actually read the BLM document, desert tortoises were only one of about 18 different reasons it lists. Here, I'll even make it easy for you:

Cattle Trespass Impacts

I am not aware of any deals to sell that particular plot of land to anyone, but I haven't looked either. Both state and federal governments buy and sell land all the time for many different reasons.

Old 04-18-2014, 06:23 AM

30,075 posts, read 18,682,634 times
Quote:
If you actually read the BLM document, desert tortoises were only one of about 18 different reasons it lists. Here, I'll even make it easy for you:

Cattle Trespass Impacts

I am not aware of any deals to sell that particular plot of land to anyone, but I haven't looked either. Both state and federal governments buy and sell land all the time for many different reasons.

Perhaps you should "look" then.

When you open your eyes and look, perhaps the activities of Reid and the Obama administration will not "look" as rosy as the media suggests.

Old 04-18-2014, 06:29 AM

6,218 posts, read 7,734,055 times
I'm sure Harry is well aware of the concept of the 'self fulfilling prophecy'. He and his minions stir things up by making such claims are bound to set some of the more reactionary types on a course to self destruction, that will serve his agenda.

Non violent protest, rules. That right is guaranteed in the USCON. When rights are denied, people tend to notice

CN.......

Old 04-18-2014, 06:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Perhaps you should "look" then.

When you open your eyes and look, perhaps the activities of Reid and the Obama administration will not "look" as rosy as the media suggests.
Uh huh. So where are your verifiable, unbiased sources stating this particular plot of land was for sale to anyone? I want to see some evidence beyond the usual right-wing talk radio and blogosphere spew.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies