Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-22-2014, 09:03 AM

89,060 posts, read 44,877,895 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
If I buy 1,000 GM, how does that create jobs?
If no one buys GM, what happens to GM, and therefore GM jobs?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2014, 09:04 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,755,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecstatic Magnet View Post
Then why is the working class struggling?
Part of the problem with the middle class is they won't listen when they are being told what the problem is. Here, I'll post it again.

The Middle Class:
Think monthly. As they become more successful they use (bad) debt to buy liabilities (stuff). They can do as the rich do and use (good) debt, OPM to buy assets (to put money in their pockets) but most middle class put the horse before the cart so they end up getting caught in a rat race.

This group depends on income instead of wealth (because they didn't build their wealth yet). Taxation makes it harder because income (not wealth) is taxed making it difficult for the middle class who depend on income to build their wealth. Taxes help you stay middle class.

And add the government (that you support) is hurting the middle class.

Last edited by petch751; 04-22-2014 at 09:21 AM..

Old 04-22-2014, 09:06 AM

Quote:
It doesn't.

If investing in the stock market created jobs, then we would have a record high amount of jobs right now, since the Dow is at record highs.

But it's easy to ignore facts for the delusional.
Companies are not social institutions. They are in business to make a profit. When a company does good jobs are created. The problem with the left is they are doing things to run companies out because how dare they make profit. i.e... hurting the middle class.

As for buying stock. If the government let me keep more of my money I would have more to spend and more to invest. Both are beneficial to you and to me. Yet how dare I want to keep my money to spend and invest as I see fit.

Old 04-22-2014, 09:08 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,359,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Companies are not social institutions. They are in business to make a profit. When a company does good jobs are created. The problem with the left is they are doing things to run companies out because how dare they make profit. i.e... hurting the middle class.
Yet....they employ the middle class.

Old 04-22-2014, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Actually my friends were killed BY gang members.

Anything else you want to assume? You probably think they were black and thugs too, right?
How many of your friends were on welfare or grew up in welfare families?

How many jobs did the gangs produce? How are those gangs helping the communities they live in?

Old 04-22-2014, 09:17 AM

Quote:
As for buying stock. If the government let me keep more of my money I would have more to spend and more to invest. Both are beneficial to you and to me. Yet how dare I want to keep my money to spend and invest as I see fit.
Similarly, I'm in a situation in which I could hire contractors to build an addition onto my home, OR send that money to the U.S. Treasury to pay my tax obligation, instead.

Local jobs? Or more government waste? Sadly, I'm obligated to support more federal government waste instead of providing more local jobs. Idle tradesmen take note.

Old 04-22-2014, 09:18 AM

33,016 posts, read 27,477,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
If no one buys GM, what happens to GM, and therefore GM jobs?

Only IPO matters to GM. A purchase (or non-purchase) of GM does not affect GM.

Old 04-22-2014, 09:21 AM

33,016 posts, read 27,477,048 times
Quote:
Part of the problem with the middle class is they won't listen when they are being told what the problem is. Here, I'll post it again.

The Middle Class:
Think monthly. As they become more successful they use (bad) debt to buy liabilities (stuff). They can do as the rich do and use (good) debt, OPM to buy assets (to put money in their pockets) but most middle class put the horse before the cart so they end up getting caught in a rat race.

This group depends on income instead of wealth (because they didn't build their wealth yet). Taxation makes it hard to move up because income (not wealth) is taxed making it difficult for them to build their wealth. Taxes help you stay middle class.

And add the government (that you support) is hurting the middle class.

I'm a poor person. I want to buy assets. HowTF do I do that when QE etc have bid up the price of assets?

Old 04-22-2014, 09:21 AM

Quote:
A purchase (or non-purchase) of GM does not affect GM.
It does if GM's capital devalues when no one is willing to buy outstanding shares.

Union pension funds also hold GM shares which would devalue if no one was willing to buy outstanding GM shares.

You know not of which you speak.

Old 04-22-2014, 09:22 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,359,408 times
Quote:
I'm a poor person. I want to buy assets. HowTF do I do that when QE etc have bid up the price of assets?
Up your value.

I increased my value with a skill and equipment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies