Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-22-2014, 09:24 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,755,378 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Similarly, I'm in a situation in which I could hire contractors to build an addition onto my home, OR send that money to the U.S. Treasury to pay my tax obligation, instead.

Local jobs? Or more government waste? Sadly, I'm obligated to support more federal government waste instead of providing more local jobs. Idle tradesmen take note.
Same here. When Obama said "tax the rich" it showed me he thought (knew) people were financially stupid so in response I opted to hold off spending money. If people were stupid enough to buy into his blatant lie what would he get away with next. I pay taxes up the ass and could have spent that money hiring people to build an addition and do the yard.

Yes, idle workers take note. There are many of us out there that would have rather hired you instead of sending our money to the government. Sadly idle workers, you lost and I lost. The rich government elite won.

Last edited by petch751; 04-22-2014 at 09:46 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2014, 10:08 AM

924 posts, read 667,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Companies are not social institutions. They are in business to make a profit. When a company does good jobs are created. The problem with the left is they are doing things to run companies out because how dare they make profit. i.e... hurting the middle class.

As for buying stock. If the government let me keep more of my money I would have more to spend and more to invest. Both are beneficial to you and to me. Yet how dare I want to keep my money to spend and invest as I see fit.

If companies aren't social institutions and only exist to create profit, then stop lying to me when you say that big business is good for society.

Also: taxes keep our government running. But I guess we don't need a military or streets if we can all buy a larger television.

Old 04-22-2014, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
It does if GM's capital devalues when no one is willing to buy outstanding shares.

Union pension funds also hold GM shares which would devalue if no one was willing to buy outstanding GM shares.

You know not of which you speak.
GM IS paying those pensions, and nearly bankrupted itself, yet it didnt keep people from investing in GM.

You have no idea what you're talking about, and the scary part is you think you do.

Old 04-22-2014, 10:10 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,359,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecstatic Magnet View Post
If companies aren't social institutions and only exist to create profit, then stop lying to me when you say that big business is good for society.

Also: taxes keep our government running. But I guess we don't need a military or streets if we can all buy a larger television.
It is very good.

I want to make money.....to do that...I hire.

Old 04-22-2014, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
Up your value.

I increased my value with a skill and equipment.
Sounds so simple.

Should I rack up thousands of dollars of inescapable debt to educate myself?

That should up my value.

Old 04-22-2014, 10:12 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,755,378 times
Quote:

Really? You can't be that stupid??? Do you think people start businesses to create jobs? Really?

Small business that is very good for society too but Obama's policies are hurting them. Jobs are a byproduct of trying to create profit it for those who can't create a business themselves. This is obviously over your head though. I'll put it in your terms.

Drug king wants to sell drugs (for profit) so he invests a large sum of money to buy drugs from down in Columbia. When he gets the drugs he pays people to go out on the street to sell the drugs. walla, jobs! Really the difference is, this business is not legal and they don't pay taxes and people who work in this business suffer a high rate of death. Maybe they should unionize.

Old 04-22-2014, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
It is very good.

I want to make money.....to do that...I hire.
Unless you live in the real world, where productivity increases exponentially, and part time workers are the new norm.

Big businesses are raking in record profits so where are all the jobs?

Old 04-22-2014, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Sounds so simple.

Should I rack up thousands of dollars of inescapable debt to educate myself?

That should up my value.
I did not.

Both my husband and myself have high school educations.

Old 04-22-2014, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Really? You can't be that stupid???
Are you ever going to make a point?

No, it's far more easy to make ambiguous personal attacks and cheerlead from the sideline.

Old 04-22-2014, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Unless you live in the real world, where productivity increases exponentially, and part time workers are the new norm.

Big businesses are raking in record profits so where are all the jobs?
You need to ask Obama that.

Shovel ready.......remember???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies