Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2014, 08:27 PM

8,272 posts, read 8,662,411 times

Advertisements

Sterling was supposed to get an award from the NAACP next month. I assume that was canceled. I guess that also shows that his views weren't widely known.

Old 04-26-2014, 08:40 PM

368 posts, read 396,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yesnomaybe View Post
To remind everyone of the situation:

Sterling made comments in private: behind closed doors. Meaning not on twitter, not on youtube, not on facebook, not in front of a microphone.

His GF during an argument tape recorded him. Then sold the tape to TMZ for blackmail.
None of that has anything to do with the words that came out of his mouth, how he really feels when he thinks nobody is listening to or watching him. Why do you think his girlfriend chose to record him BEFORE even asking the question of how he feels about minorities? Because she knew what he was going to say. This isn't the first time he's made degrading comments about minorities. Don't defend or apologize for what he said on the basis of how his words got out to the public. That doesn't change how he feels.

Old 04-26-2014, 08:54 PM

40 posts, read 39,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UconnHuskies630 View Post
None of that has anything to do with the words that came out of his mouth, how he really feels when he thinks nobody is listening to or watching him. Why do you think his girlfriend chose to record him BEFORE even asking the question of how he feels about minorities? Because she knew what he was going to say. This isn't the first time he's made degrading comments about minorities. Don't defend or apologize for what he said on the basis of how his words got out to the public. That doesn't change how he feels.
He is entitled to his opinions and beliefs. We don't have to like everyone.

Until he speaks out publicly or it comes out that he instructed security to keep blacks out of his arena, the NBA can't do anything.

Old 04-26-2014, 09:32 PM

459 posts, read 485,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yesnomaybe View Post
He is entitled to his opinions and beliefs. We don't have to like everyone.

Until he speaks out publicly or it comes out that he instructed security to keep blacks out of his arena, the NBA can't do anything.
I'm pretty sure the NBA can do whatever it wants within a pretty liberal range of parameters. He is a stain on the NBA now and the Clippers, finally a winning team, will be a joke for an entirely different reason. It also sends the message (however right or wrong) that even if you have money, you will be punished for repugnant beliefs.

I would be surprised if they don't pressure him to sell or even bring it to a vote of the other owners. At minimum, he will receive a hefty fine and a "suspension".

Old 04-26-2014, 09:37 PM

7,081 posts, read 8,950,769 times
So this geezerly married white guy is cheating on his wife with someone young enough to be his grand daughter and there is all this butthurt over his racism?

His wife needs to do her best Lorena Bobbit imitation.

But, before this gets to be a debate over what is worse, let's all agree he is just an overall scum bucket.

Old 04-26-2014, 10:06 PM

18,131 posts, read 25,300,410 times
Doesn't surprise me
Slave-owners also liked black people, as long as they were making money for them and stayed in the fields
See the similarity?

Old 04-26-2014, 10:07 PM

8,275 posts, read 7,952,048 times
Wait... aren't the Clippers an NBA team? Is this guy familiar with basketball?

Old 04-26-2014, 10:21 PM

12,547 posts, read 9,943,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by woxyroxme View Post

But, before this gets to be a debate over what is worse, let's all agree he is just an overall scum bucket.
did he say or do anything to you?

Old 04-26-2014, 10:34 PM

7,081 posts, read 8,950,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
did he say or do anything to you?
Umm duder, he doesn't even know me, that may make it difficult.

This is about a racist who treats women like things, deplorable to say the least.

**** or I will have my big brother Wally sock you in the nose.

Old 04-26-2014, 10:41 PM

12,547 posts, read 9,943,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by woxyroxme View Post
Umm duder, he doesn't even know me, that may make it difficult.

This is about a racist who treats women like things, deplorable to say the least.

**** or I will have my big brother Wally sock you in the nose.
What moral authority do you have?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies