Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-30-2014, 04:57 PM

7,413 posts, read 6,231,107 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
This is yet another thread that shows who conservatives continue to be when they are in power or perceive one of them is in power.

All of this "fear" of government vanishes.

The facts of this are damming to anyone who is honestly afraid of the abuse of power by the government. This issue about the drugs the state was using to execute people was the issue the lawyers brought about to the supreme court.

The lawyers said the state was keeping the drugs secret which they thought was a violation of the 8th amendment.

The Supreme Court of the state of Oklahoma agreed and basically said hey let's not execute anyone until we know more about the drugs, what these drugs are, where they were bought and the impact on the human body.

Nope the governor of Oklahoma said nope not going to follow that supreme court ruling.

The executions had to continue then the very thing that was in dispute the very thing that the lawyer's expressed and the Supreme court of Oklahoma gave a stay of execution turn out to be very likely true.

Yet those afraid of government abuse conservatives are fine with this.

The state of Oklahoma keeping secret the drugs that are going to be used to kill someone by the state, conservatives are fine with that.

The state of Oklahoma keeping secret where they bought these drugs to execute people, conservatives are fine with that.

The state of Oklahoma keeping secret the impact that these drugs may have on the human body, conservatives are fine with that as well.

Ignoring the supreme court stay of execution in which the supreme court basically said just reveal the drugs to be used where they were obtained, and the impact they'll have on the human body before going forward with these executions, conservatives are ok with that.

The state administering drugs that might have tortured a man to death and violated the 8th amendment of the constitution, conservatives are ok with that as well.
I'm far right and I'm not okay with it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2014, 05:01 PM

8,391 posts, read 6,299,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I don't see how what drugs are used makes any difference. Dead is dead.
Evidently, the drugs used do make difference or else the state of Oklahoma wouldn't have hidden the drugs.

To me giving the government the power over life and death is too much power, and state killings are legal, but

state governments can't kill people inhumanely.

Now either someone who supports state executions agrees with this, or they support state sanctioned torture.

I'll let you in or a little secret, governments that torture people as a matter of law are horrible governments to be ruled by.

Old 04-30-2014, 05:01 PM

4,512 posts, read 5,057,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
I'm pro death penalty, but think it should be clean and without suffering. This is just terrible. Why not bring back the firing squad? Also, they refused to pay more for his last meal? Unbelievable.

Oklahoma Inmate Dies After Execution Is Botched - ABC News

It took almost 45 minutes for him to die, with him at one point into the execution sitting up and saying "something's wrong." The officials said it was hard to watch. He was sentenced to death 20 years ago after aiding in killing and witnessing the live burial of Stephanie Neiman.

Good, why should he suffer when the person he killed didn't --- are you kidding me, he should have suffered a lot more !

Old 04-30-2014, 05:02 PM

21,481 posts, read 10,582,878 times
Quote:
This is yet another thread that shows who conservatives continue to be when they are in power or perceive one of them is in power.

All of this "fear" of government vanishes.

The facts of this are damming to anyone who is honestly afraid of the abuse of power by the government. This issue about the drugs the state was using to execute people was the issue the lawyers brought about to the supreme court.

The lawyers said the state was keeping the drugs secret which they thought was a violation of the 8th amendment.

The Supreme Court of the state of Oklahoma agreed and basically said hey let's not execute anyone until we know more about the drugs, what these drugs are, where they were bought and the impact on the human body.

Nope the governor of Oklahoma said nope not going to follow that supreme court ruling.

The executions had to continue then the very thing that was in dispute the very thing that the lawyer's expressed and the Supreme court of Oklahoma gave a stay of execution turn out to be very likely true.

Yet those afraid of government abuse conservatives are fine with this.

The state of Oklahoma keeping secret the drugs that are going to be used to kill someone by the state, conservatives are fine with that.

The state of Oklahoma keeping secret where they bought these drugs to execute people, conservatives are fine with that.

The state of Oklahoma keeping secret the impact that these drugs may have on the human body, conservatives are fine with that as well.

Ignoring the supreme court stay of execution in which the supreme court basically said just reveal the drugs to be used where they were obtained, and the impact they'll have on the human body before going forward with these executions, conservatives are ok with that.

The state administering drugs that might have tortured a man to death and violated the 8th amendment of the constitution, conservatives are ok with that as well.
I'm not okay with the suffering, but let's get real here. This was the State of Oklahoma's fault! They should have given a higher dose. Didn't they consult with anyone about the proper lethal dosage for a man of his height and weight? Why wasn't there an IV? I'm not at all familiar with how these things work, but I would think that if there was an IV they could have at least given him more drug to end his suffering.

Keeping the name of the pharmacy making the mixture a secret is because when they have revealed this information in the past, the pharmacy has received death threats. If the EU doesn't want to sell the drugs and the pharmacies don't want to mix the drugs here, and the states keep sentencing people to die, then another method must be found. I would think the preference would be for lethal injection, but these guys are doing nothing more than setting it up for another method like a firing squad.

I was all for life without parole, and still am for the cases that are pretty sure bets but not completely sure, but then I saw how many of these lifers end up in solitary and have an absolutely horrible existence. I do not want to go back to the days where the choices were life with possibility of parole in 20 - 35 years, or the death penalty. Then more and more people will be sentenced to death.

Maybe we need to reduce the violent imagery and gang worship we have promoted in society since the Prohibition era, which gets worse and worse each year. These guys were conducting a robbery and ended the night shooting a 19-year old with a sawed-off shotgun and burying her alive. What punishment would be more fitting for these people? Do you want these guys in jail with other criminals who aren't as bad as them? I'd feel bad for the other criminals. Are we going to have so many of these extremely violent people in jail for life that we have to put them on an island or a walled-off city like Escape from New York? There are just too many of these animals to house them for the rest of their lives, and I sure don't want them back on the streets in a few years.

Old 04-30-2014, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
I'm far right and I'm not okay with it.
ok and? Who runs the state of Oklahoma government? conservatives Let's not kid ourselves generally speaking this is the kind of state sponsored power that conservatives love.

Old 04-30-2014, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
I'm not okay with the suffering, but let's get real here. This was the State of Oklahoma's fault! They should have given a higher dose. Didn't they consult with anyone about the proper lethal dosage for a man of his height and weight? Why wasn't there an IV? I'm not at all familiar with how these things work, but I would think that if there was an IV they could have at least given him more drug to end his suffering.

Keeping the name of the pharmacy making the mixture a secret is because when they have revealed this information in the past, the pharmacy has received death threats. If the EU doesn't want to sell the drugs and the pharmacies don't want to mix the drugs here, and the states keep sentencing people to die, then another method must be found. I would think the preference would be for lethal injection, but these guys are doing nothing more than setting it up for another method like a firing squad.

I was all for life without parole, and still am for the cases that are pretty sure bets but not completely sure, but then I saw how many of these lifers end up in solitary and have an absolutely horrible existence. I do not want to go back to the days where the choices were life with possibility of parole in 20 - 35 years, or the death penalty. Then more and more people will be sentenced to death.

Maybe we need to reduce the violent imagery and gang worship we have promoted in society since the Prohibition era, which gets worse and worse each year. These guys were conducting a robbery and ended the night shooting a 19-year old with a sawed-off shotgun and burying her alive. What punishment would be more fitting for these people? Do you want these guys in jail with other criminals who aren't as bad as them? I'd feel bad for the other criminals. Are we going to have so many of these extremely violent people in jail for life that we have to put them on an island or a walled-off city like Escape from New York? There are just too many of these animals to house them for the rest of their lives, and I sure don't want them back on the streets in a few years.
Blah, blah, blah.

The bottom line is that conservatives are generally supportive of this kind of abuse of government power. There are many who defended the state in this very thread. Go read the comments of the local paper in Oklahoma.

Again state sanctioned killings is a use of government power that conservatives love and if the scum bag has to be tortured well the better for it in the minds of a huge percentage of conservatives.

This is who they are.

Old 04-30-2014, 05:06 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,014,226 times
Quote:
Sure....if you are so concerned because of the drugs used advocate for a guillotine. Now if your qualms are over something else, say so. Don't hide behind a drug argument.
I've wanted a guillotine for years in front of the court house. Has nothing to do with any drugs. You are the ones crying about the drugs. I think this clown should have suffered longer. Maybe get em addicted to heroin and let em flip out and overdose. Would probably cost less and get rid of em. Some who do things like this guy did lose their chance to live in our society. Sad but true. You defend them for some reason.

Old 04-30-2014, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Is that a contest that you really want to participate in?

Murder is simply a legal definition.
It's not a pissing contest, but I did want to put my two cents in about your offensively comparing me to a murderer. I really have no clue what your post even means.

Old 04-30-2014, 05:09 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,014,226 times
Quote:
Blah, blah, blah.

The bottom line is that conservatives are generally supportive of this kind of abuse of government power. There are many who defended the state in this very thread. Go read the comments of the local paper in Oklahoma.

Again state sanctioned killings is a use of government power that conservatives love and if the scum bag has to be tortured well the better for it in the minds of a huge percentage of conservatives.

This is who they are.
Yes it is. You do what this clown did you don't deserve to live anymore like their victims aren't. Not rocket science but just common sense. If you love these clowns so much take in some parolees and take care of em. Oops he had the death penalty as so decided by a jury of his peers so you won't get one of your heroes coming to live. It's called the law. Follow it...........may not like many of em........but you think killing and raping a girl and burying her alive is ok. Just sad.

Old 04-30-2014, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Blah, blah, blah.

This is who they are.
Why even respond if you don't want to address my point? Just ignore it and move on to the next post, and I will do that to your future posts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies