Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-30-2014, 03:34 PM

21,495 posts, read 10,613,673 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
But you seem to think putting a bullet through the head of someone strapped to a gurney is humane. This is my entire point.

You, the other guy isn't here and is dead.
No, I think once the State of Oklahoma botched the administration of the drugs, the humane thing to do would be to put the guy out of his misery. Since his veins weren't working and he didn't seem to have an IV, then the humane thing to do is dispatch him as painlessly as possible. A bullet through the head is instantaneous death.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2014, 03:59 PM

21,495 posts, read 10,613,673 times
Quote:
But you seem to think putting a bullet through the head of someone strapped to a gurney is humane. This is my entire point.

You, the other guy isn't here and is dead.
Had to quote again because I didn't address your last sentence. Just because the guy is dead does not lessen his crime. My saying he should have received a bullet to the head to end his suffering is not bloodthirsty, but him partipating in the burial of a person he shot because she came upon him during a robbery means he wins the bloodthirsty label. I'm actually quite offended you think I'm worse than this guy. Maybe you should read up on his crime, and note that I have never, nor will I ever, participate in a murder or even a robbery.

Old 04-30-2014, 04:02 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,983,083 times
Anyone worried about this should observe what happens with many after surgery .

Old 04-30-2014, 04:32 PM

8,391 posts, read 6,308,059 times
This is yet another thread that shows who conservatives continue to be when they are in power or perceive one of them is in power.

All of this "fear" of government vanishes.

The facts of this are damming to anyone who is honestly afraid of the abuse of power by the government. This issue about the drugs the state was using to execute people was the issue the lawyers brought about to the supreme court.

The lawyers said the state was keeping the drugs secret which they thought was a violation of the 8th amendment.

The Supreme Court of the state of Oklahoma agreed and basically said hey let's not execute anyone until we know more about the drugs, what these drugs are, where they were bought and the impact on the human body.

Nope the governor of Oklahoma said nope not going to follow that supreme court ruling.

The executions had to continue then the very thing that was in dispute the very thing that the lawyer's expressed and the Supreme court of Oklahoma gave a stay of execution turn out to be very likely true.

Yet those afraid of government abuse conservatives are fine with this.

The state of Oklahoma keeping secret the drugs that are going to be used to kill someone by the state, conservatives are fine with that.

The state of Oklahoma keeping secret where they bought these drugs to execute people, conservatives are fine with that.

The state of Oklahoma keeping secret the impact that these drugs may have on the human body, conservatives are fine with that as well.

Ignoring the supreme court stay of execution in which the supreme court basically said just reveal the drugs to be used where they were obtained, and the impact they'll have on the human body before going forward with these executions, conservatives are ok with that.

The state administering drugs that might have tortured a man to death and violated the 8th amendment of the constitution, conservatives are ok with that as well.

Old 04-30-2014, 04:40 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,318,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Had to quote again because I didn't address your last sentence. Just because the guy is dead does not lessen his crime. My saying he should have received a bullet to the head to end his suffering is not bloodthirsty, but him partipating in the burial of a person he shot because she came upon him during a robbery means he wins the bloodthirsty label.
Is that a contest that you really want to participate in?

Quote:
I'm actually quite offended you think I'm worse than this guy. Maybe you should read up on his crime, and note that I have never, nor will I ever, participate in a murder or even a robbery.
Murder is simply a legal definition.

Old 04-30-2014, 04:42 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,697,281 times
And the babbling fool of a president has weighed in, saying the execution was not humane.

I guess that incredibly low IQ moron will never learn to keep his flapping gums shut.

Old 04-30-2014, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
This is yet another thread that shows who conservatives continue to be when they are in power or perceive one of them is in power.

All of this "fear" of government vanishes.

The facts of this are damming to anyone who is honestly afraid of the abuse of power by the government. This issue about the drugs the state was using to execute people was the issue the lawyers brought about to the supreme court.

The lawyers said the state was keeping the drugs secret which they thought was a violation of the 8th amendment.

The Supreme Court of the state of Oklahoma agreed and basically said hey let's not execute anyone until we know more about the drugs, what these drugs are, where they were bought and the impact on the human body.

Nope the governor of Oklahoma said nope not going to follow that supreme court ruling.

The executions had to continue then the very thing that was in dispute the very thing that the lawyer's expressed and the Supreme court of Oklahoma gave a stay of execution turn out to be very likely true.

Yet those afraid of government abuse conservatives are fine with this.

The state of Oklahoma keeping secret the drugs that are going to be used to kill someone by the state, conservatives are fine with that.

The state of Oklahoma keeping secret where they bought these drugs to execute people, conservatives are fine with that.

The state of Oklahoma keeping secret the impact that these drugs may have on the human body, conservatives are fine with that as well.
I don't see how what drugs are used makes any difference. Dead is dead.

Old 04-30-2014, 04:47 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,043,490 times
Quote:
I don't see how what drugs are used makes any difference. Dead is dead.
Shoot em and be done with it.............of course the DHS is buying up all the ammo so it may be hard to find nowdays too for executions. I am on board with many............guillotine. Put it up in front of the state house and take care of pigs like this after they are convicted by a jury of their peers.

Old 04-30-2014, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Shoot em and be done with it.............of course the DHS is buying up all the ammo so it may be hard to find nowdays too for executions. I am on board with many............guillotine. Put it up in front of the state house and take care of pigs like this after they are convicted by a jury of their peers.
Sure....if you are so concerned because of the drugs used advocate for a guillotine. Now if your qualms are over something else, say so. Don't hide behind a drug argument.

Old 04-30-2014, 04:55 PM

7,413 posts, read 6,241,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
And the babbling fool of a president has weighed in, saying the execution was not humane.

I guess that incredibly low IQ moron will never learn to keep his flapping gums shut.
I agree with him on this issue as much as I hate to admit it. But I have to question if he would have spoken up at all if it weren't a black person. Didn't a white man suffer the same with a botched injection not too long ago?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies